I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Stuff that made you stop for a sec (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69704933)

Tanuki Aug 12th, 2010 05:17 PM

Stuff that made you stop for a sec

I was gonna title it "Horrible Crap out of Nowhere" but Something Awful already has that title for one of its threads.

Anyway, I'll start. I was driving home from school one day, when I heard something hit my sunroof and roll off. When I stopped to find out what it was, I stepped out of the car to discover an animal bone.

Dimnos Aug 12th, 2010 05:22 PM

The other day I came home to find that my wife had cleaned out our garage. We can actually get a car in there now! :eek

Tanuki Aug 12th, 2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 694959)
The other day I came home to find that my wife had cleaned out our garage. We can actually get a car in there now! :eek

Le GASP!

kahljorn Aug 12th, 2010 05:45 PM

STOP SIGNS

BUMS CROSSING THE STREET

THOUGHT I SAW MONEY ON THE GROUND

Perndog Aug 12th, 2010 05:46 PM

Coming home during a rainstorm to find water running--not dripping, running--from the edge of the light fixture in the ceiling in my bedroom. It only took ten minutes to fill a three-gallon bucket. And soak a dozen towels from the other six or seven leaks in the room.

kahljorn Aug 12th, 2010 05:48 PM

PERNDOG'S STORY

THINKING OF THINGS TO SAY IN THIS THREAD

Pentegarn Aug 12th, 2010 05:59 PM

A couple weeks ago a turkey vulture bounced off my work truck

Tanuki Aug 12th, 2010 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perndog (Post 694966)
Coming home during a rainstorm to find water running--not dripping, running--from the edge of the light fixture in the ceiling in my bedroom. It only took ten minutes to fill a three-gallon bucket. And soak a dozen towels from the other six or seven leaks in the room.

That sounds a lot like the major leaks that happened in my dormitory.

Perndog Aug 12th, 2010 06:11 PM

CAPITAL LETTERS

Chojin Aug 12th, 2010 09:26 PM

THIS THREAD

COMMAS

executioneer Aug 12th, 2010 10:18 PM

now that i've popped, i can't stop

Mockery Aug 12th, 2010 10:20 PM

Some really old homeless dude in LA who stands outside a storefront, places a beatbox on the windowsill (which may or may not be turned on at the time) and dances in front of it almost all day long. He's amazing and the store never makes him leave. I promise I'll take a video of the guy in action sometime.

Kitsa Aug 12th, 2010 10:58 PM

my dad almost got run over by Dolly Parton in a golf cart at an airport.

Sacks Aug 12th, 2010 11:08 PM

The other night I was driving through this seedy area near my house. This lady was walking along the sidewalk not wearing very much, it wasn't surprising because there are usually working ladies hanging out around there. Then I realized she was arguing with these guys that were sitting on the curb down the street. This wasn't really too weird either but then I saw that her hand was buried DEEP in the front of her pants and there was really weird movement going on. I was hoping she was going to reveal a blade but I drove past before anything good happened.

Fathom Zero Aug 12th, 2010 11:18 PM

I had jamais vu for a second, today. Scared the shit out of me.

Dimnos Aug 13th, 2010 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 695003)
my dad almost got run over by Dolly Parton in a golf cart at an airport.

My wife would have considered it an honor. :\

Babs Aug 13th, 2010 03:02 PM

I remember I was going to a house show down on campus in Columbus to go see a friends band in which who I promised I would come out and see. While I was on my way down the street to go to this shit hole house, I stumble across a bum with his pants and underwear down to his ankles. This isn't abnormal, this happens on a daily basis except for the soul fact that we was on his back fingering his asshole while exclaiming at the top of his lungs "O-H...I-O!!!". There was a group of paramedics around him and some odd number of police who just had their hands over their faces trying not to laugh.

kahljorn Aug 13th, 2010 07:08 PM

Oh god... there was an old black lady bum like that in Venice Beach who would stick a cane up her ass and then do dances :(

darkvare Aug 13th, 2010 08:46 PM

the guy who got gunned down on the road i take to get home

Sacks Aug 13th, 2010 09:05 PM

That reminds me of the time I was driving home at around 3am and there was this big pickup in the middle of the road just stopped and still running. I drove by and the window was all smashed. There is a lot of gang stuff going on around here so there was probably a dead guy in there. Another time in the morning I was driving down this street that is kind of in the surrounding area of downtown. It is bordering these two areas so it's a mix of like... slums, gayborhood, and the super bourgie elite. There is this shady gay bar called CROSS BAR and the building is all black and has the name painted on it in rainbow. Anyway, there was this guy just sitting out front all slouched over and I was pretty sure he had died that night and then when I was on my way back there were cops everywhere.

This thread makes me realize that I live in a dangerous area.

Chojin Aug 13th, 2010 09:34 PM

the corpses weren't a good enough indication?

Tadao Aug 13th, 2010 11:01 PM

BIG TITTIES

Colonel Flagg Aug 13th, 2010 11:02 PM

Most of what makes me stop for a second involves feces in some way shape or form. :x

darkvare Aug 14th, 2010 12:09 AM

i also take pictures of animals i find dead i don't know why :(

Esuohlim Aug 14th, 2010 04:10 AM

BIG

OL'

TITTIES