I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   LET'S ARGUE ABOUT VIDEO GAMES (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697142)

Seven Force Jan 1st, 2008 01:58 AM

Oh, I know. I wasn't trying to be snarky with you or anything. :( I just don't see what the big deal is lately with those games. It's no different than hitting buttons on a controller. I hope it doesn't come out in arcades cause it'll make people look like giant tools.

Emu Jan 1st, 2008 09:16 PM

It's a fun party game that you can at least look like less of a douche playing than, say, DDR, because the music isn't gay and you're not dancing around like a dumbass (unless you choose to, which I do)

edit: it's also easier on the fat kids

Terror Dino Jan 3rd, 2008 07:15 PM

GH3 is a lot of fun, fun which happens to increase with some friends over and alcohol, gets might competive about 3 hours into the night. And tbh i dont even take notice of the graphics to busy playing the game and not fussing over something which only idiot's really care about. Graphics dont make the game.

executioneer Jan 4th, 2008 01:59 AM

YES THEY DO WHAT ARE YOU CRAZY

MLE Jan 4th, 2008 02:09 AM

I played DDR today :< In Utah :< When I was away from Chojin :< On his birthday :<

Terror Dino Jan 4th, 2008 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Code-Wheel Jones (Post 518894)
YES THEY DO WHAT ARE YOU CRAZY

I'm on I-Mockery arnt I.

executioneer Jan 4th, 2008 09:11 PM

maybe

Guitar Woman Jan 5th, 2008 12:54 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUPzN7tp7bQ

:lol

Chojin Jan 5th, 2008 01:03 AM

schimid showed that to me a couple days ago :<

that video is 10 times better if you play tf2 and have experienced some of the douchebags in need of this kind of griefing

Guitar Woman Jan 5th, 2008 01:13 AM

The "Be Useless" lesson in the first video hits kinda close to home for me because no matter what game it is I'm always the guy with like -3 kills who runs around playing the game completely wrong and falling victim to snipers over and over again :<

Not on purpose, it's because I suck

KuddWeazel Jan 6th, 2008 06:47 AM

GH3 is nothing compared to 2. the set list kinda sucks, but the guitar battles were a unique idea.
Halo 3 is just the other halos with new weapons. nothing to really shake a stick at.
Assassins creed is fun but repetitive. I mean, do i really have to climb 12 200 foot skyscrapers before i kill someone?
just wait for the new ninja gaiden. it will be the answer to your gaming prayers

Spetsnaz Jan 12th, 2008 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KuddWeazel (Post 520016)
GH3 is nothing compared to 2. the set list kinda sucks, but the guitar battles were a unique idea.
Halo 3 is just the other halos with new weapons. nothing to really shake a stick at.
Assassins creed is fun but repetitive. I mean, do i really have to climb 12 200 foot skyscrapers before i kill someone?
just wait for the new ninja gaiden. it will be the answer to your gaming prayers

Don't you mean the original Ninja Gaiden in 3D?

Because thats basically what the past five years of Ninja Gaiden games were. Rehashes.

Fathom Zero Jan 17th, 2008 07:02 PM

Halo 3 throws a lot of gravy on top of the original formula. You can't improve the gameplay, but you can build bigger set pieces, add more weapons and vehicles, as well as do a lot more shit in the Forge. Granted, it is a lot of the same. But you can't improve upon it.

WhiteRat Jan 17th, 2008 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 519715)
The "Be Useless" lesson in the first video hits kinda close to home for me because no matter what game it is I'm always the guy with like -3 kills who runs around playing the game completely wrong and falling victim to snipers over and over again :<

Not on purpose, it's because I suck

That's exactly how I am when I play Call of Duty 4 or BF2. I'm horrible no matter how much I play I can't get better.

Fat_Hippo Jan 18th, 2008 05:17 PM

I know what you mean. It's the exact same for me in these 2 games. Strangely enough I'm not even that bad in BF2142 while I continue to suck in those 2...:\

Spetsnaz Jan 18th, 2008 06:37 PM

Battlefield 2 has a huge fucking learning curve when you first jump into it. Its because the only people still playing it are the ones who've been playing it for fucking years.

Fathom Zero Jan 19th, 2008 06:49 PM

Hahaha, I just got 30 points as a spy because of people like that.

Seven Force Jan 21st, 2008 04:20 PM

They should release an online game where you don't have to fucking grind or level up or spend huge amounts of your life on for it to be fun or worthwhile at all. Also not an FPS.

Guitar Woman Jan 21st, 2008 04:39 PM

I've come to the realization that Mario Sunshine is better than Galaxy, and I'm ok with that.

Chojin Jan 21st, 2008 04:49 PM

you are ridiculous

Guitar Woman Jan 21st, 2008 04:53 PM

Sunshine is running around gigantic multipath levels with varied and fun platforming and catchy music

Galaxy is taking a linear path from one tiny planetoid to the next with terrible camera control and not much variation in what you have to do

I have my reasons >:

Mabye I'm not far enough in Galaxy yet but it feels like not only have I seen everything the game has to offer, but that I've also done it 20 times already.

Guitar Woman Jan 21st, 2008 04:54 PM

The rock ghost boss was fucking cool, though.

Pub Lover Jan 21st, 2008 04:59 PM

I liked Sunshine. :(

Spoilers!

Emu Jan 21st, 2008 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 526100)
Mabye I'm not far enough in Galaxy yet but it feels like not only have I seen everything the game has to offer, but that I've also done it 20 times already.

uh

which part of "super mario" did you not understand

Guitar Woman Jan 21st, 2008 07:37 PM

>:

Sunshine was still inventive by the time I had 70 Shines, meanwhile 25 stars into Galaxy and I'm bored enough to puke