I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Music (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   THE PICK OF DESTINY (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22951)

HickMan Nov 14th, 2006 03:34 PM

THE PICK OF DESTINY

I don't care what any of yall say, Tenacious D rocks beyond the max. And I just wanted to know who here has heard their new album? Is it as good as their last?

Seriously, how could you bash Tenacious D? :(

executioneer Nov 14th, 2006 07:15 PM

i don't get why people think they're so funny :(

nothing4buddha Nov 14th, 2006 08:43 PM

me neither :(

Sethomas Nov 14th, 2006 08:47 PM

"Seriously, how could you bash Tenacious D?"

Well, given that they're fat and one's bald, it shouldn't be that hard.

Esuohlim Nov 14th, 2006 09:43 PM

I tried for years to like Jack Black and I've even pretended for a bit but seriously enough's enough >:

Zomboid Nov 14th, 2006 10:54 PM

Yeah. For years I thought I was the only one who didn't "get" it. Jack Black's not funny, his movies aren't funny, and his band isn't funny. It seems like everyone feels like they have to think he's funny, for some reason.

Ant10708 Nov 14th, 2006 11:05 PM

Orange County was pretty funny.

kahljorn Nov 15th, 2006 12:45 AM

i think it's because he has a funny-guy face so you're expecting comedy but it comes up lacking and you blame yourselves for it. Like reverse projection or something.

HickMan Nov 15th, 2006 04:48 AM

I guess I'm the minority! :( Oh and I got the cd and I think it's funny >:.

I love stupid humor. Stupid, fat, ugly humor.

HunterRose Nov 15th, 2006 05:45 AM

See I am weird, I hate Jack Black, I love Denis Leary's No Cure for Cancer (I hate most of his stuff these days, he gotten to soft, and seems to have mellowed out his humor). I love I-Mockery Humor and Dave Barry, I think his books are awesome (Especially his Dave Barry does Japan book; a whole chapter about his search for the ellusive "Game Genie" ("It makes mario fly")) but Jack Black, he has non of the qualities in comedy that I find great.

FartinMowler Nov 15th, 2006 12:45 PM

School of Rock was fun and Nacho Libre was ok...but after watching the trailer for Pick of destiny I feel like I'm tired of watching him and now his fat friend.

Azrael Nov 15th, 2006 12:56 PM

Tenacious D were midly amusing the first time I heard them. The next 20,000 times it starts making you hate every fiber of the man's being. I could not escape that album no matter how hard I tried. All of my friends had it, and insisted on playing it for me everytime I showed up at their house. Those people are no longer my friends.

Rongi Nov 15th, 2006 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterRose
See I am weird, I hate Jack Black, I love Denis Leary's No Cure for Cancer (I hate most of his stuff these days, he gotten to soft, and seems to have mellowed out his humor). I love I-Mockery Humor and Dave Barry, I think his books are awesome (Especially his Dave Barry does Japan book; a whole chapter about his search for the ellusive "Game Genie" ("It makes mario fly")) but Jack Black, he has non of the qualities in comedy that I find great.

you sound like a complete and utter homosexual

and i think Tenacious D is funny, so fuck you guys

Ninjavenom Nov 15th, 2006 05:14 PM

I find everyone's reaction to Tenacious D to be so predictable it's ridiculous. I love them.

executioneer Nov 15th, 2006 05:29 PM

you can have 'em

Rabid Child Nov 15th, 2006 07:15 PM

Their new album is on my christmas list, hopfully someone will get it this week and hold it for me, Circuit city is giving out a bonus dvd with features promoting the film

Emu Nov 15th, 2006 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rongi
Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterRose

you sound like a complete and utter homosexual

really dude, you could've condensed that entire paragraph down to "Jack Black has none of the qualities in comedy that I find great."

GADZOOKS Nov 15th, 2006 07:34 PM

Ugh, did someone mention dennis dreary in this thread?

Grislygus Nov 15th, 2006 07:50 PM

:( I love Dennis Leary.

Mockery Nov 15th, 2006 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer
i don't get why people think they're so funny :(

Thank you. They honestly bore the hell out of me. Jack Black can be really funny, but Tenacious D just doesn't do it for me. :/

zeldasbiggestfan Nov 15th, 2006 11:27 PM

First album I love. But others are neh. The new one? I dunno I might see the flick and get the album but you never know.

Sacks Nov 16th, 2006 02:04 PM

Kyle Gass annoys the crap out of me.

DuFresne Nov 16th, 2006 02:22 PM

hmmm... stange. I kinda figured Willie would be able to identify with a group of fat, unfunny losers.

executioneer Nov 16th, 2006 02:34 PM

suck my d*ck

Yggdrasill Nov 17th, 2006 12:41 PM

I saw them on Conan and I thought it was funny how they seemed completely full of themselves for no reason. Is that the joke?