I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Seriously, screw "Sex and the City". (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69699946)

Kitsa Jun 11th, 2008 09:03 PM

Seriously, screw "Sex and the City".

Sometimes, I worry that I'm the only female on earth who isn't wetting herself over this stupid show/movie.

Even when I successfully avoid the TV show, they're still all over the news. I can't stand the sight of any of them. I don't know why they're so popular.

I passed a Steve and Barry's store in the mall and there were big signs up for Sex and the City crap there, too. Apparently whatserface designed shirts that say "I LOVE SEX" because, and I quote from her sign, "Fashion is not a luxury." Uh, yes, it kind of is. Try that logic with the flies-and-cream-of-wheat set over in Ethiopia.

I hate "cosmos", I hate shoes, and I hate catty girly shit in general. Therefore, this movie is foul.

Madman914 Jun 11th, 2008 09:35 PM

So it's a show about three hookers and their mom?

darkvare Jun 11th, 2008 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madman914 (Post 560681)
So it's a show about three hookers and their mom?

kinda except they don't charge for sex

pac-man Jun 11th, 2008 10:25 PM

Well said; as a perennial loser it's reassuring to know not all women are materialistic whores who are slaves to every trend and fad.

LordSappington Jun 11th, 2008 10:28 PM

We're actually going to it so we can raise hell. You know, talk loud, hurl food, make sex noises..... the old women love to watch shows about 50 year old bags that have sex all the time, yet they immediately lave in disgust when confronted with sex. Bitches.

Qwarx Jun 11th, 2008 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 560691)
We're actually going to it so we can raise hell. You know, talk loud, hurl food, make sex noises..... the old women love to watch shows about 50 year old bags that have sex all the time, yet they immediately lave in disgust when confronted with sex. Bitches.

That made me lol.

I don't see why they had to make a movie, the show has no basic plot as is.

Fathom Zero Jun 11th, 2008 11:09 PM

Wasn't the show canceled years ago?

pac-man Jun 11th, 2008 11:11 PM

Yeah, but the "cougars" it inspired were able to squeeze a feature length film out of it.

Miss Modular Jun 12th, 2008 11:03 AM

I saw this movie over the weekend and LOVED IT!!!

I could understand why everyone wouldn't be into it, though.

Jeanette X Jun 12th, 2008 11:16 AM

I've never seen the show, but I'm somewhat glad its around because it increased the social acceptability of owning sex toys. :)

Tadao Jun 12th, 2008 11:21 AM

It's always been acceptable, if we get to watch.

kahljorn Jun 12th, 2008 09:33 PM

I like how they have the main whores face all over magazines in which she tells people about sex. HUMAN sex! How can a fucking BAT/LAMA GIVE HUMANS ADVICE ON SEX?

FIRST YOU LET THE FOUR LEGGED FLYING CREATURE MOUNT YOU IN AN INVERTED AERIAL SUMMERSAULT

Kitsa Jun 12th, 2008 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pac-man (Post 560710)
Yeah, but the "cougars" it inspired were able to squeeze a feature length film out of it.

That's an interesting point. Does it inspire, or validate?

Did anyone see the SNL skit they had for this about a month ago? It was so dead-on, it was hilarious. "More puns, more puns!" "I've got a sexy secret...I'm a dude!"

pac-man Jun 12th, 2008 10:57 PM

I totally think it inspires. Women eat shit like SATC up because it gives them role models for how to dress, how to party, how to date, even how to fuck. Why do you think Oprah went from Baltimore news anchor to religious cult leader? Women, with exception, are a hive-mind when it comes to what to wear, where to go, who to date, what to read, so forth and so on. Ever since the gays started gaining influence, more and more "men" share this flock-ishness. I'm not going to say there weren't some trailblazing cougars who didn't set the stage for SATC; but that shit wasn't going down in Des Moines until these 21st Century Golden Girls showed all women how to continue being a whore past their prime.

kahljorn Jun 12th, 2008 11:27 PM

I don't know men like to flock to political parties and religions and ethnic history and whatever hats are popular DURING THAT TIME FRAME. It's pretty much been that way forever, too. I don't really think queer eye for the straight guy influenced fashion and cultural cohesion for the past several thousand years, either.

pac-man Jun 12th, 2008 11:37 PM

Yes, but then again we weren't talking about politics, religions, or any of that. I was saying that women and metrosexuals tend to pay close attention to Hollywood, to influential women (i.e. Oprah mentions a book, it's a best seller), and to tv shows like SATC. I was answering Kitsa's question: I said that the show inspires more than it validates. I don't mean to sound chauvanistic, but seriously, if you're a straight dude who doesn't pluck his eyebrows into cute little arches then you get what I'm saying.

MetalMilitia Jun 13th, 2008 07:48 AM

Say, do women's magazines really read like SJP's stupid internal monologue when she's supposedly writing?

"SO I ASKED MYSELF FOR THE HUNDREDTH TIME, DOES PRINCE CHARMING REALLY EXIST??!?!?!?"

Kitsa Jun 13th, 2008 11:30 AM

I wouldn't know, I hate them like poison.

Dimnos Jun 13th, 2008 03:36 PM

My wife is a fan of the show. While I myself couldn’t watch it without an overwhelming desire to shove a power drill into my skull, I love that it keeps her occupied while I surf the web or play video games. Thank you Mrs. Horseface.

Grislygus Jun 13th, 2008 04:17 PM

Out of curiosity, does it actually have a plot? The preview I saw seemed to consist of them drinking, winking, and talking.

Kitsa Jun 13th, 2008 05:21 PM

As far as I can tell, this is the plot:

Horseface writes some article about sex for some newspaper and/or magazine. She's got an unlikely amount of fame from this, and her photo appears on buses from time to time. She has three annoying friends who seem to have all of the time in the world to spend together. She also dates a lot, and she went out with the guy from Office Space for a while, but she always goes back to the guy with the big wang.

One of her annoying friends is a lawyer and gets away with treating people like shit because she's being "assertive". She had a baby with some guy and complained about it a lot, and now she's with that guy again.

The second annoying friend is a slightly wonky-eyed brunette who reacts with dippy wonder to anything the others say or do. She has a lot of money from some ex husband and now she's with some bald lawyer because the sex is hot.

The last annoying friend is at least fifteen years older than the other ones. She speaks in ceaseless double, triple and quadruple entendre and that makes her the most annoying one of all. She is insatiably horny,which can be gross.

Other than that, the only "plot" seems to be following the sexual escapades each annoying woman is enjoying at the moment, wrapping up with a diary entry/article a la Doogie Howser.

Dimnos Jun 13th, 2008 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 561003)
The last annoying friend is at least fifteen years older than the other ones. She speaks in ceaseless double, triple and quadruple entendre and that makes her the most annoying one of all. She is insatiably horny,which can be gross.

This character is both the best and worst thing about this show. She is the best thing about this show because she was in the greatest movie ever, Big Trouble in Little China, and the worst part because she is SO annoying in this show and you see just how far she has fallen since the Little China days.

Black Flag Jun 14th, 2008 09:17 AM

hey, guys, i bet if you really thought about it, you'd find that sex and the city never really hurt you in any substantial way

and, all things considered, you're being a bunch of whiny little bitches just because other people are enjoying something you don't

Black Flag Jun 14th, 2008 09:24 AM

also pac-man i hear that women even get to vote! who the fuck decided that was a good idea amiright?

pac-man Jun 14th, 2008 09:36 AM

Next thing you know they'll be driving.