I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What was your first RPG? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21024)

Girl Drink Drunk Apr 25th, 2006 03:35 PM

What was your first RPG?

Although the first RPG I ever played was Super Mario RPG, I had no idea what RPG meant at the time and didnt know hwat the hell was going on in it when I rented. I don't have anything against it, and even own it, but it's a drag Mario couldnt talk. Anyways, what I considered my first true RPG was Chrono Trigger, which kept me renting it for weeks. I was blown away by the music (especially that piano midi that sounded almost exactly like piano when you fail to open one of those seals) and effects, and the story had kept me going. That New Game + feature where you could start a new game with all your stats and items from the previous game was also a plus. I'll admit that there seemed to be some flawed story and plot structure near the end, and things I wished that were explained, and I wish Chrono would talk too, but that game is still close to my heart.

Guitar Woman Apr 25th, 2006 03:37 PM

FF4, and it made me hate the genre for the next 5 years

Johnny Couth Apr 25th, 2006 03:37 PM

Baldurs Gate. It dominated two years of my life. What a great game.

Girl Drink Drunk Apr 25th, 2006 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman
FF4, and it made me hate the genre for the next 5 years

I hope you aren't talking bout the one with the Dark Night, Cecil, and was called FF II when first released in the US. I actually loved the story in that better then VII. I can understand if it had to do with the random battles, insane difficulty, or plain graphics, but the story was a huge fucking leap from the previous games.

Guitar Woman Apr 25th, 2006 03:44 PM

I hate that game I've always hated that game and I always will hate that game because it's a boring piece of shit

ItalianStereotype Apr 25th, 2006 03:45 PM

Re: What was your first RPG?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniperwulf
Although the first RPG I ever played was Super Mario RPG, I had no idea what RPG meant at the time and didnt know hwat the hell was going on in it when I rented. I don't have anything against it, and even own it, but it's a drag Mario couldnt talk.

obviously that was also the first mario game you had ever played

Girl Drink Drunk Apr 25th, 2006 03:47 PM

Ok........................Anyways, I'm not talking exactly about just your first RPG, but the RPG that first made you fall in love with the genre.

.....Also, fuck off, Stereotype. I've been playing since Super Mario World, and even had Super Mario Allstars as a kid.

ItalianStereotype Apr 25th, 2006 03:49 PM

seeing as how mario had NEVER spoken and all

jesus, I fucking HATE having to explain this shit to you people

Girl Drink Drunk Apr 25th, 2006 03:51 PM

DONT YOU EVER ASSUME THAT WAS MY FIRST MARIO GAME. And yes he did talk.....in the cartoons (another fact your probably assumed otherwise of was that I actually watched re-runs of the Super Mario Bros. Super Show).

ItalianStereotype Apr 25th, 2006 03:53 PM

I don't have to assume anything. you're in, what, 7th grade?

hey, just because it says super mario 64 doesn't mean that there were 63 mario games before it.

Emu Apr 25th, 2006 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman
FF4, and it made me love the genre for the next 5 years

Johnny Couth Apr 25th, 2006 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItalianStereotype
I don't have to assume anything. you're in, what, 7th grade?

hey, just because it says super mario 64 doesn't mean that there were 63 mario games before it.

How lame is to be a Mario elitist?

Girl Drink Drunk Apr 25th, 2006 04:15 PM

Shitty load times aside,Final Fantasy Chronicleswas awesome.

Johnny Couth Apr 25th, 2006 04:15 PM

I was talking to italian.

AINT NO ONE KNOW MARIO BUT ME YOU ALL MARIO FRONTIN BITCHES!

Mad Melvin Apr 25th, 2006 04:17 PM

I believe it was Hero's Quest, if that counts. It was a point & click style RPG/Adventure. I think it was made by Sierra, and it's kinda like Kings Quest. Only with RPG elements.
After that I really didn't play any RPGs, but then came the allmighty Fallout 2 and ate my soul.

AChimp Apr 25th, 2006 04:20 PM

Zork.

It counts as an RPG in my books. >:

Misdemonar Apr 25th, 2006 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Melvin
Fallout 2 and ate my soul.

Akuma'RAH!

Emu Apr 25th, 2006 04:29 PM

Zork is love <3[/code]

Trash Apr 25th, 2006 04:30 PM

My first RPG was ultima... I think it was 2, so lets just say it was. Ultima 2 Sucked me in for a while, and then i became a RPG junkie.

timrpgland Apr 25th, 2006 04:34 PM

Dragon Warrior

WhiteRat Apr 25th, 2006 05:01 PM

Final Fantasy Legend for Gameboy.

ItalianStereotype Apr 25th, 2006 05:22 PM

I am a LIFE elitist, johnny, and god help me, I'll cleanse you and your filth off of this planet.

Fathom Zero Apr 25th, 2006 07:53 PM

Battle Hunter for the Playstation.
I refused to play RPGs for a number of years.

Rongi Apr 25th, 2006 07:58 PM

idk

MarioRPG Apr 25th, 2006 08:42 PM

My first RPG was Final Fantasy 3 on the SNES. I remember playing it at a friends house and he got mad cuz I didn't want to let him play.