I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The first Mortal Kombat film - what do you think? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15876)

Jamesic Jan 12th, 2005 04:21 PM

The first Mortal Kombat film - what do you think?

Mortal Kombat is, in my opinion, one of the all time greatest films ever made!! I know many of you will think I'm sad (a lot of people don't like it), but as a fan of the MK video games, I loved watching it!

The film is released on DVD, so if you haven't already seen it, and liked the first MK game, buy it!!

HickMan Jan 12th, 2005 04:26 PM

oh ok

Jixby Phillips Jan 12th, 2005 05:15 PM

This movie came out when I was 12, and I remember reading a good review of it in the paper. And even at 12, I saw this movie and went back to the review and kind of thought "really? :/"

Schimid Jan 12th, 2005 05:27 PM

<3 johnny cage

Rongi Jan 12th, 2005 05:33 PM

in the early to mid 90s i used to play a lot of MK with my friend Bill and some of his friends. and i had at absolute blast. i wasnt very good and i lost all the time but it was still good times.

so it's 1995 and the MK movie comes out. and naturally we're all pretty thrilled. the idea of seeing some memorable (if somewhat silly) videogame characters pounding the crap out of each other on the big screen sounded cool to a coupla teenagers. we walked in all thrilled and what not and while Bill's friends seemed to like it the two of us were just not affected by it much at all. all the blood and gore and hilarity seemed completely gone. it was a crappy rip off of enter the dragon with the MK name slapped onto it. it wasnt the worst movie ever it was just so bland.

but it's far better than any other videogame movie.

Legion Jan 12th, 2005 06:32 PM

It is better than most video game movies, and definitely better than the sequel, but that's about it.

ArrowX Jan 12th, 2005 06:43 PM

I liked it up untill they showed Reptile. I was like sweet ass reptile! then it turned out to be some shitty ass Predator ripoff. Did anyone notice when he was all human like he could punch through walls and throw people 50feet but got his ass kicked by a puny human?

the_dudefather Jan 12th, 2005 07:32 PM

I found my old copy of MK trilogy for psx today, the vicious battles and long running rivalries are sure to come back to the flat once this arrives.

Zomboid Jan 12th, 2005 08:26 PM

I loved the MK games as a kid and I was still a youngin when it came out so I liked it and still do.

DeadKennedys Jan 12th, 2005 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowX
arse arse arse

ARSE THAT'S A GOOD ONE :lol

I thought you were a canuck...

executioneer Jan 12th, 2005 11:33 PM

well how do you say it :lol

the_dudefather Jan 13th, 2005 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid
I loved the MK games as a kid and I was still a youngin when it came out so I liked it and still do.

i dont get the new capcom fighting games (apart from MVC2), so its nice to go back to each character only having 5 moves and fatalities which involve 'dialing' the buttons at a precise location to get a humorous effect

Zomboid Jan 13th, 2005 03:11 AM

Yep. I still play mk2 on my laptop from time to time. So simple yet so fun.

soundtest Jan 13th, 2005 03:34 AM

I loved the theme song from the movie. "MORTALLLLLL KOMBATTTT!!!" :)

DeadKennedys Jan 13th, 2005 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer
well how do you say it :lol

I say "Vahz"

Jamesic Jan 13th, 2005 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soundtest

I aggree, the theme song from the movie is really great. It's one of my favourite film songs in fact!

Jamesic Jan 13th, 2005 01:43 PM

Quote:

Mortal Kombat 2 is my favourite fighting game as it has some top action and a beautiful woman (namely Kitana)!

I did, however, let my younger friend play it (from Midway Arcade Treasures 2) and he didn't like it! It proves that good old MK2 doesn't appeal to some younger people (although he was 15)...

huond Jan 13th, 2005 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamesic
Quote:

I aggree, the theme song from the movie is really great. It's one of my favourite film songs in fact!

lol

huond Jan 13th, 2005 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamesic
Quote:

Mortal Kombat 2 is my favourite fighting game as it has some top action and a beautiful woman (namely Kitana)!

I did, however, let my younger friend play it (from Midway Arcade Treasures 2) and he didn't like it! It proves that good old MK2 doesn't appeal to some younger people (although he was 15)...

lol

Callahan Jan 13th, 2005 04:46 PM

videogames dont make good movies except super mario mortal kombat was bad but not as bad as total anihilation i have strong memories of seeing half of it and walking out of the cinema the only other time i did this was during the wedding planner

MetalMilitia Jan 13th, 2005 05:02 PM

Quote:

videogames dont make good movies except super mario
Joke?

pjalne Jan 13th, 2005 05:17 PM

[center:42f5114943]

:love You shame me, but I still love you :love [/center:42f5114943]

timrpgland Jan 13th, 2005 06:00 PM

This is the greatest movie of all time..... I'm going to buy 2 copies....

Zomboid Jan 13th, 2005 06:49 PM

Quote:

Yeah, on our school computers they supply headphones but for music I just go to media on IE and search and remembered that song...Still pretty good and I found this one by the "powerups" I think. It's a redone version of the theme from MK1.

TheBoogieman Jan 19th, 2005 04:34 PM

I remember my brother bought it on Laserdisk. I saw it, its not that great when you watch it now, but a least its better then all other Videogame Movies