I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   i-mockery valentines! (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69701549)

Kitsa Jan 29th, 2009 09:15 PM

i-mockery valentines!

I've hated Valentine's day since Elementary school because it's always been such a fucking popularity contest. This place has a higher probability of the for-losers-by-losers atmosphere where someone like me is more likely to come out ahead.

Here's a valentine I'm putting into the cardboard-covered shoebox on Tadao's desk.

Kitsa Jan 29th, 2009 09:35 PM

Here's one for Pub Lover....

Tadao Jan 29th, 2009 09:54 PM

Awww, Thank you Kitsa! That was sweet. I made you one too!

Kitsa Jan 29th, 2009 09:56 PM

In 3rd grade our (psycho) teacher had the bright idea that we would all make valentines and auction them off for money. Each person made one and she posted them around the room. Some brilliant bastard glued packs of gum all over his and walked off with almost $10.

ZeldaQueen Jan 29th, 2009 10:45 PM

At my elementary school, the rule was that either you made valentines for every person in the class or you didn't get any at all. I was pretty much the only person who gave out homemade valentines and thought up what I put on them.

In high school, they let you buy and send cards with "candygram" (a disgusting cherry-flavored heart-shaped lollipop) to people. I always sent them to my friends. No one ever really sent me one though. :(

Aaarg Jan 29th, 2009 11:20 PM

TAODOA WILL YOU BE MY VALENTIME????

Kitsa Jan 30th, 2009 08:32 AM

We had carnations in junior high school. For a dollar, you could go to a table staffed by cheerleaders and buy a ten-cent carnation to be delivered to someone in their third-hour class. Naturally, red meant love, pink meant like, white meant friend.

I never got more than one white carnation.

Oh, and at the one and only dance I ever went to no one talked to me so the vice principal came over and said I looked pretty.

WHY DOES KITSA DRINK SO MUCH?!?!?

Skulhedface Jan 30th, 2009 09:28 AM

I don't have photoshop, but I think I'd just make two. One with Chris Hansen, and one with "Why don't you have a seat over there?" There's probably millions of people on the internet you could give those to.

Kitsa Jan 30th, 2009 12:04 PM

Shrub and ZeldaQueen, I am buying you white carnations because I like you as a friend!

RaNkeri Jan 30th, 2009 12:12 PM

Stupid woman, it's still january :rolleyes

Kitsa Jan 30th, 2009 12:39 PM

stupid scandinavian, you must not have seen any American stores recently. Here's how it goes. We'll start with Christmas.

Christmas season begins slightly before Halloween (25 October or thereabouts). This is when the Christmas commercials start and stores begin putting up their Christmas displays.

New Year's season begins somewhere in mid-December. It's usually a small display and is over with quickly. Super Bowl Season lasts from mid-January until the actual Super Bowl.

Mardi Gras season is usually until mid-Feb., regardless of when Mardi Gras actually is. In non-French-Catholic America (as in, anywhere but Louisiana or Maine), you won't find much more than beads because people have a vague association in their minds about Mardi Gras, getting trashed, showing tits...something something...beads.

Valentine's Season begins the day after Christmas.This is followed in late January by St. Patrick's day season, which is over with fairly quickly in early March. This begins the hard-and-fast drive to Easter Season, which they milk till the end of spring.

As soon as Easter Season is over, it's Independence Day Season. This continues till 4 July and resurfaces as Labor Day season at the end of August. It's mainly cheap picnic stuff and fireworks.

Immediately after Independence Day Season is Back to School Season, which continues until mid September, when it becomes Trendy School Supply Clearance Season.

Early September begins Halloween Season. Thanksgiving Season is a brief add-on at the end.

I don't expect you to absorb all of that but that's what it is.

Grislygus Jan 30th, 2009 12:43 PM

Pfft.

Kitsa Jan 30th, 2009 12:47 PM

Oo, I like it!

RaNkeri Jan 30th, 2009 01:08 PM

And why do the stores start their seasons so early? Because stupid people will spend more money that way. :rolleyes

Valentine's day is pointless. Why the hell should I buy junk to my loved one in order to show I care about her, when I can do so by trying to be as good of a person as possible - daily. Valentine's day is supposed to be a day on which lovers express their love towards each other, shouldn't you do that on a daily basis? :rolleyes

Oh and I'm not scandinavian, but you ofcourse knew that already :rolleyes

Shrubfest Jan 30th, 2009 01:57 PM

YAY! I get a gift! I never got any of that stuff in school either.

The last valentines day gift I got was a paint pic of a blonde stickman blowing kisses to a brunette stickwoman. Touching.

Sam Jan 30th, 2009 02:16 PM

I drew a valentine's day card for a girl last year and it was two robots ripping out someone's heart and dancing. :(

Zomboid Jan 30th, 2009 02:25 PM

Yeah right, fag.

Tadao Jan 30th, 2009 02:42 PM

Someone is jealous. Zomboid, you can be my Valentine! After all, you are acting like a little bitch.

:o

Zomboid Jan 30th, 2009 03:47 PM

I don't like the orientals.

Kitsa Jan 30th, 2009 04:47 PM

I bet Zomboid's idea of a valentine is some sort of hockey-themed lube called Edmonton Oil, or something.

RaNkeri Jan 30th, 2009 05:18 PM

I bet zomboid was that guy, who never received any valentine's day cards in school

Zomboid Jan 30th, 2009 05:23 PM

I collected a shitload of valentine's day cards (that were GIVEN to me!) in school. I am awesome.

Have you had sex with a girl yet, you fat fin?

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 30th, 2009 06:11 PM

Where's my Valentine cards? Where's the ?Love at?

Grislygus Jan 30th, 2009 06:13 PM

In the chocolate box you treated yourself to

ZeldaQueen Jan 30th, 2009 06:24 PM

Aw! Thank you Kitsa! *hugs*

That sucks about the dance. I was asked out for the first time in my junior year, by a boy who I was friends with. He only spent half of the time with me because he came with another group and a girl in that group's boyfriend couldn't make it so he spent time dancing with her also. I felt kind of sorry for the guy actually. He was really upset by the situation.

Anywho, seeing as we're all sending out valentines, I'll make up a few.

For Kitsa:

For Tadao:

For 10,000 Volt Ghost: