I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

brokensaint82 May 13th, 2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 628359)
Since Shadow Hearts 3 is not as entertaining as 1 and 2, switching back and forth between Dino Crisis 2 and Vagrant Story for the PS1...and maybe some Parasite Eve 2...great games.

DC2 was good i liked it better than the first anyways and as for PE2 never got around to playin it, although i loved the first. Anyways I'm playin Gran Turismo 4 cause well everytime i drive really fast in real lie the cops decide to make it their priority to ruiin my fun

10,000 Volt Ghost May 14th, 2009 11:08 AM

Dino Crisis 1 was fun. Never played DC2. I saw they made a 3rd one.....where they're in space for some reason. Why is it when people run out of ideas they send them to space?

brokensaint82 May 14th, 2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 628540)
Dino Crisis 1 was fun. Never played DC2. I saw they made a 3rd one.....where they're in space for some reason. Why is it when people run out of ideas they send them to space?

Cause space is the final frontier for dying franhcises ala Jason X

OxBlood May 15th, 2009 07:12 AM

I dunno...Dino Crisis 1 was...really boring, because you can never kill any Dinosaurs with those few Bullets you find. Bypassing them ain´t really fun...DC2 was awesome, pure Carnage, nice Weapons ans LOTS of dead Raptors that earn me money for more ammo and more weapons :)

And Dino Crisis 3...well...it sucks ass, honestly, it´s really bad. All you do is get lost because of the stupid leveldesign, the weapons are not really fun, the jetpack seems out of place...a shame they had to end the series with such a weak entry.

Playing Parasite Eve 1 right now, emulated though since it was never released in Europe and I don´t want to spend money on the NTSC Version right now. AND I don´t want to dig through all those boxes in my basement to find my modded PS1...
And if Aya wasn´t so goddamned slow, it would be quite a lot of fun :)

brokensaint82 May 15th, 2009 10:45 AM

PE1 was a good game and like you said Aya was waaaaaaaaaaaay to slow, I wish square would continue the series on the 360 cause my mitochondria demand it. Anyways I found FF8 in a box with my old PS1 games so i decided to load it up and play it

10,000 Volt Ghost May 15th, 2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 628683)
And Dino Crisis 3...well...it sucks ass, honestly, it´s really bad. All you do is get lost because of the stupid leveldesign, the weapons are not really fun, the jetpack seems out of place...a shame they had to end the series with such a weak entry.

:lol Why do you need a jetpack in space? That's like having a fish tank in the ocean.

I never played PE but it looked like it was really good. I think you could get the Gunblade from FF8 in PE2.

Phoenix Gamma May 15th, 2009 04:27 PM

Just beat Klonoa. Damn, what a fucked up plot. It started all cute and adorable, but then it got all Evangelion on me. People dying? Questioning your existence? A total downer ending? Weird. Great game, though.

Just got Devil Summoner 2 in the mail, so I'm pretty pumped about that. I finished watching Baccano, so I'm in the mood for some 1920's detective action with a side order of jazz. And demons, naturally.

OxBlood May 15th, 2009 07:03 PM

OF COURSE! :D

Sam May 15th, 2009 09:44 PM

Haha did you get the special edition that comes with the plush?

Cuz I did. ;)

Fathom Zero May 15th, 2009 10:23 PM

JACK FROST. I spent thirty minutes salivating over the collector's edition in the store.

Sam May 15th, 2009 10:26 PM

Jack Frost dressed as Raidou :eek

M. Blaze May 16th, 2009 12:25 PM

I preordered the NTSC version of Devil Summoner 2 as soon as I found out it comes with that Raiho plushie (sure, I would have got it sooner or later anyway to complete my PS2 Shin Megami Tensei collection, but a plush Jack Frost dressed up as Raidou Kuzunoha = instant buy). Right now I'm waiting for it to arrive and wondering whether I can bring myself to actually open the awesome-looking box once it does.

OxBlood May 16th, 2009 05:53 PM

I´d really like a Jack Frost Doll...but it´s not that easy to get one here...would look great next to my Cthulhu-Plushie

LordSappington May 17th, 2009 10:26 PM

I switched over to Skulltag now; anyone else use it?

Phoenix Gamma May 17th, 2009 11:40 PM

I thought Devil Summoner 2 only came in the special edition. Atlus was all "well, there's only going to be like five copies of this game so reserve it a few months in advance".

Eh, I don't mind. It's dirt cheap! A game, a silly doll, and a nice display box for under $40? So awesome.

OxBlood May 18th, 2009 03:41 AM

There goes PE1, on to PE2 and Dragonquest V on the DS wich fell out of a friend of mine...convenient. :) And Dragonquest Games are...well...not hard, but they don´t waste their time with you if you´re not into it...I like that somehow...

"Wanna go in that cave just like the old man tells you 2 Minutes after you started the game? Think again! Better go around leveling up to 6 first!"

brokensaint82 May 18th, 2009 03:27 PM

3rd disc of FF8 was all scratched to hell and wouldnt let me get past the part doin to esthar, ugh, anyways now to filll my jrpg fix i'm playin ff12

10,000 Volt Ghost May 18th, 2009 04:14 PM

You should skip FF12 and play anything else instead.

kahljorn May 18th, 2009 07:44 PM

ouhafeueahfa

kahljorn May 18th, 2009 07:45 PM

yea that game's kind of boring and the licensing system is retarded.

YOU NEED A LICENSE TO USE THIS SWORD. WHAT THE FUCK? THAT DOESNT EVEN MAKE SENSE.
IT WOULD MAKE MORE SENSE IF YOU NEEDED A LICENSE TO *BUY* THE SWORD.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 19th, 2009 01:30 AM

It would sense if I fucked that games mother.

OxBlood May 19th, 2009 02:59 AM

I actually liked the battlesystem a lot. But the cast of characters and the boring story stopped me from playing it past 50% all the time. I HATE the characters. ALL of them. The one nice looking charakter that doesn´t wear Clownclothes is the one you CAN´T play. Great work Square. -.-
Oh, and if you ever try to tell me that a 5 year old, naked boy is supposed to be the main character...I will personally come over to Japan and bite your ears off.

Oh and I played some Super Robot Taisen OG Saga on the DS...and it´s hillarious. Especially if you´re german. Zeit Krokodil? Schlafen Celeste? Aschen Brodel? What the funk were the smoking this time??

Phoenix Gamma May 19th, 2009 09:19 AM

Super Macho Man has me stumping in Mike Tyson's Punch Out. I'm really pissed, because I wreck him the first round with two knock downs, but then he destroys me in the second round with his 6+ spin punches.

Majora's Mask came out on Virtual Console, so I started that up. Second favorite Zelda game, bested only by Link to the Past. I love the fucked up story and setting.

Finally, I sunk my teeth into Devil Summoner 2 some more. Really like it, though lack of voice acting is kinda odd, since my roommate likes to watch me without saying a word, so there's a lot of awkward silences as we read text :(

brokensaint82 May 19th, 2009 01:55 PM

yea well considerin all my other jrpgs are either scratched or just well......suckey i guess 12 was the only option i had and yea the liscense system sucks

10,000 Volt Ghost May 19th, 2009 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 629028)
I actually liked the battlesystem a lot. But the cast of characters and the boring story stopped me from playing it past 50% all the time. I HATE the characters. ALL of them. The one nice looking charakter that doesnīt wear Clownclothes is the one you CANīT play. Great work Square. -.-
Oh, and if you ever try to tell me that a 5 year old, naked boy is supposed to be the main character...I will personally come over to Japan and bite your ears off.

I liked Balthazar....and no one else. I had already committed to playing it by the time I realized it was terrible so I just rushed through the rest of it. Battle system was okay. I still play FFXI and it's basically the same thing.