I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery and Númenor (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13261)

Carnivore Aug 13th, 2004 05:44 PM

I-Mockery and Númenor
 
Most of you will not understand this, but that's fine. The target audience will understand.

Anyone who has read The Lord of the Rings and knows a bit more about the history of Middle-Earth is familiar with Númenor, formerly the most powerful nation of men. The Dúnedain who lived there were the greatest race of men, living usually three times longer than lesser races. Númenor was swallowed by the sea, but some of the Dúnedain, led by Elendil, the father of Isilidur and Anárion, came to Middle-Earth and founded Gondor and Arnor. Over time, the Dúnedain dwindled in numbers as they mixed with the lesser races and Gondor and Arnor decreased in power. Arnor eventually ceased to exist. Gondor, though still powerful, was only a shadow of its former self and came nowhere near the power of Númenor. The line of Elendil and Isildur was lost and the Dúnedain diminished even further. So too with these boards.

Back in the glory days of I-Mockery, there were posters of much higher caliber. The old ezboard forum has long since been "swallowed by the sea" but its former glory still lingers in the minds of those who have been here long enough to remember. Those of us who came here from the old forums have suffered through the long years of decay and the mingling with the lesser posters. We yearn for the glory days of old. Yet, we are not without hope. We, the Dúnedain of I-Mockery, await the day of renewal. The day when the Aragorn of I-Mockery will reclaim the throne, throw down the Enemy, and return us to the old ways.

Mockery Aug 13th, 2004 05:50 PM

So you're saying I have to fuck an elf or something?

FartinMowler Aug 13th, 2004 05:51 PM

HOw about fuck you? What a lame ass way to insult the few people that inhabit this board.

Carnivore Aug 13th, 2004 05:52 PM

I knew you would understand :)

Edit: Reply intended for Mockery, but some idiot had to interject his worthless opinion before I could hit the submit button.

liquidstatik Aug 13th, 2004 05:57 PM

Why do you always complain? :/

Mike Aug 13th, 2004 06:00 PM

This is funny considering how worthless this place was even in the "glory days".

FS Aug 13th, 2004 06:32 PM

As long as I can be Gimli, I'm game.

Mr. Vagiclean Aug 13th, 2004 06:48 PM

lets start gassing the ones with below 200 posts




then we shall sieg heil, all day, all night

AChimp Aug 13th, 2004 06:55 PM

The war will never be won unless we the power of the ban. :(

I despair. :(

Mr. Vagiclean Aug 13th, 2004 07:00 PM

500 post mark is next, better start posting more often

Anonymous Aug 13th, 2004 07:11 PM

Did Carnivore make fun of Mike before? I can remember McClain and Chojin slapping around Mike, but I can't remember if Carnivore is on that list. I also think that if Carnivore made fun of Mike, it would really help start the goal, authority figure and all. I would also believe that if everyone made fun of Mike, we would get a good thread. Also, there should be a "We hate Mike" board, with a picture of Mike with inclined eyebrows and a frown drawn on his mouth included with his toungue sticking out with drool droplets falling from the toungue as the board header image. He would be looking at a plastic bong hence the drops of drool from his toungue. We could talk about why he is so annoying and why he even bothers to come here. There would be a thread being conducted as to why Mike would immediately be banned from the board and forums. We would also discuss as to how he would be banned I.E. his password would be changed so he could still browse the forum, an IP ban, or if he should just be given a warning. Also, theories as to why Mike loves drugs so much.

Carnivore, I want to get this dream up and running, and I'm certain you wouldn't mind helping me, along with Dole and Rog, to start on this.

Mr. Vagiclean Aug 13th, 2004 07:12 PM

GAAASSED

FartinMowler Aug 13th, 2004 07:14 PM

I feel like I'm right in the middle of crap...I've been here for a while and have seen the good and bad come and go but really it's up to the people who run this site to celebrate certain people and continue to honour them. I think people like James/Bobo/Chojin/Chojin/Glowbelly/Jixby Phillips/Jin/Helm/A-chimp/Max burbank and many more are very funny, and I'm insulted by Carnivore for trying to ruin the future. Everyday I look forward to looking at this site and if your not the same then you should find something else to do.

Carnivore Aug 13th, 2004 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AChimp
The war will never be won unless we the power of the ban. :(

I despair. :(

But who can wield such power and not be turned to darkness?

Sethomas Aug 13th, 2004 07:22 PM

Hmm. What if I told you that I'm really an account shared by Erik Scheissenkopf, Posterchild, Pigvomit, and Uncle Istvan? It might seem implausible at first.

FartinMowler Aug 13th, 2004 07:29 PM

the thick heads are ignoring me again. I feel like a Jew sometimes....Just give me a piece of bread and a laugh and I'm happy :/

sports Aug 13th, 2004 08:12 PM

Quote:

Most of you will not understand this, but that's fine. The target audience will understand.

Anyone who has read The Lord of the Rings and knows a bit more about the history of Middle-Earth is familiar with Númenor, formerly the most powerful nation of men. The Dúnedain who lived there were the greatest race of men, living usually three times longer than lesser races. Númenor was swallowed by the sea, but some of the Dúnedain, led by Elendil, the father of Isilidur and Anárion, came to Middle-Earth and founded Gondor and Arnor. Over time, the Dúnedain dwindled in numbers as they mixed with the lesser races and Gondor and Arnor decreased in power. Arnor eventually ceased to exist. Gondor, though still powerful, was only a shadow of its former self and came nowhere near the power of Númenor. The line of Elendil and Isildur was lost and the Dúnedain diminished even further. So too with these boards.

Back in the glory days of I-Mockery, there were posters of much higher caliber. The old ezboard forum has long since been "swallowed by the sea" but its former glory still lingers in the minds of those who have been here long enough to remember. Those of us who came here from the old forums have suffered through the long years of decay and the mingling with the lesser posters. We yearn for the glory days of old. Yet, we are not without hope. We, the Dúnedain of I-Mockery, await the day of renewal. The day when the Aragorn of I-Mockery will reclaim the throne, throw down the Enemy, and return us to the old ways.
You remind me of the Sith in Star Wars.

AChimp Aug 13th, 2004 08:18 PM

You would be the first to be banned under the reign of AChimp the First. >:

sports Aug 13th, 2004 08:20 PM

Quote:

You would be the first to be banned under the reign of AChimp the First. >:
Under the Reign of Sports, I'll ban myself cause I can! >:

FartinMowler Aug 13th, 2004 08:23 PM

Quote:

Under the Reign of Sports, I'll ban myself cause I can!
>:
He's so stupid I think he would :/

Drev Aug 13th, 2004 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carnivore
Quote:

Originally Posted by AChimp
The war will never be won unless we the power of the ban. :(

I despair. :(

But who can wield such power and not be turned to darkness?

I can :)

I'll give you pizza :o

sports Aug 13th, 2004 08:25 PM

Quote:


He's so stupid I think he would :/
AH-HA :), got you, I'll ban you under my reign >:. But that won't ever happen...

Captain Robo Aug 13th, 2004 08:26 PM

W/E DORK :rolleyes

Captain Goodtimes Aug 13th, 2004 10:03 PM

Oh brother :rolleyes

Your acting like because you no longer have that honky tonk dancing in the background, that some many idiots flock to these boards. It had nothing to do with the old boards, personally, i thought the old forums look cooler, these are kinda bland, its like craving messages into an ethiopians back minus the screaming. Mockery just got popular, internet popular. Would you rather wish your friends site less sucess so you can gab with your friends without sports going "HEY YOU GUYS, I CANT FIND A LADIES G_SPOT, YOU GUYS" :rolleyes

sports Aug 13th, 2004 10:21 PM

Quote:

"HEY YOU GUYS, I CANT FIND A LADIES G_SPOT, YOU GUYS"
I can too!!!!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:23 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.