I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What are you eating right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16315)

DuFresne Mar 24th, 2008 02:58 AM

The almond kind!

Fat_Hippo Mar 31st, 2008 02:33 PM

I'm drink a cool glass or Rivella, a swiss soda. It's made of milk serum!

WhiteRat Apr 1st, 2008 07:24 PM

A ham and swiss cheese sandwhich on white bread.

outhouse Apr 1st, 2008 08:44 PM

half a pice of bread food stamps ran out

Chojin Apr 1st, 2008 08:49 PM

the hilarity of that last post, on rye

Fathom Zero Apr 1st, 2008 10:11 PM

Roasted almonds!

executioneer Apr 1st, 2008 10:13 PM

roast beef on roasted garlic sourdough bread

Esuohlim Apr 1st, 2008 10:33 PM

Some dried papaya

Fathom Zero Apr 1st, 2008 11:07 PM

I made poutine.

Sethomas Apr 1st, 2008 11:27 PM

I think I posted a long rant a while ago about how confused I was to learn that Vladimir Putin is pronounced as the Québecois dish in Russian and is transliterated into French with like spelling. Until I asked a Russian/Georgian friend, I thought that the French media was making scathing satire with his name.

In accord with the almond trend, I bought some almond butter (and cashew butter, too) with grandiose plans of bagel delights. I finished them both within two weeks with a naked spoon. The local co-op sells it in jars for about $15/lb, but I used their machine in the bulk section to get it for less than half that price WHILE WATCHING IT BE MADE.

As mentioned in my battle scar thread, I've taken to cooking more regularly. What I made last night was a stew based with split red lentils and bits of leg of lamb I'd cut into fine pieces, with the drippings added to the stew for more lamb-y flavor. I tend to throw in random spices and such out of curiosity and ignorance of what actually goes well with what, but I think my liberal inclusion of mustard powder made things interesting.

I'm coming to realize that while I can't follow culinary instructions for shit, I can wing my own creations and create things that look repulsive but taste awesome.

I wanted to eat much of the stew from home-made bread bowls since my bread machine is a prized sentimental possession, but it has failed me numerous times. This time the bread imploded sometime between raising and being fully baked, so it was ugly, dense, and un-bowl-like. It still tasted good, though--lots of fresh chives I diced by hand (with a knife, too, I guess) and tons of sharp cheddar baked in.

liquidstatik Apr 2nd, 2008 12:02 AM

waffles :D

Fathom Zero Apr 2nd, 2008 12:58 AM

Peter Gabriel

RaNkeri Apr 2nd, 2008 01:04 AM

Chocolate milk and strawberry yoghurt

layla17 Apr 2nd, 2008 01:42 PM

French bread pizza

Kitsa Apr 2nd, 2008 02:02 PM

vegetable korma with rice and tea. I swear I could drink a bucket of tea if I had one in front of me. These babies are demanding little buggers.

Terra Apr 3rd, 2008 12:04 AM

Crab Rangoon.

Ninjavenom Apr 3rd, 2008 12:22 PM

Hobo Renee Apr 3rd, 2008 01:10 PM

Dill and garlic rice. Beep beep, poverty train, all aboard!

McClain Apr 3rd, 2008 01:37 PM

Cracked Pepper & Olive Oil flavored Triscuits and a glass of Pom/Cranberry juice.

Esuohlim Apr 3rd, 2008 01:49 PM

Some cheddar-flavored Goldfish® baked snack crackers :hat

Kitsa Apr 3rd, 2008 01:55 PM

Our garbage disposal revolted (and was revolting last night) and managed to coat a good amount of the kitchen with bacterial sludge. I cleaned up much of it, but I don't even want to go in there till we get a new disposal and the plumbing's back in order. Shitty thing. Anyway, since I'm home alone all day I'm living off nutrition bars and Mrs. Freshly's Oatmeal Yogurt Sandwiches from the pantry. Yeeeuck.

executioneer Apr 8th, 2008 11:31 PM

i'm eating an italian dish that is also a internet catchphrase from youtube

MetalMilitia Apr 9th, 2008 08:40 AM

Lasagna cat!

Fat_Hippo Apr 9th, 2008 11:03 AM

Mustard chips...they're really weird, but I'm not sure wether in a good or bad kind of way.

executioneer Apr 9th, 2008 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 547203)
Lasagna cat!

man i didnt even think about that :( i should clarify that that meal was a reference from a philips cd-i mario game (not toast either)