I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   OBLIVION: MMORPG REHAB (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20551)

executioneer Mar 27th, 2006 03:43 AM

christ is it too much to ask to not have to spend 500 dollars on upgrades every dang year >:

timrpgland Mar 27th, 2006 11:47 AM

Didn't have a lot of time over the weekend but my Nord is level 21 now.

I suppose I should start doing the story quests now... :(

xbxDaniel Mar 27th, 2006 12:33 PM

I'm stuck on a theives guild quest. I managed to get out to this bay area after almost drowning, but I didn't get what I needed and have to go back.

Ninjavenom Mar 27th, 2006 05:07 PM

That's why i always keep 5 saves :(

Autosave, quicksave, old save, and two current ones. Always have a backup ;o

executioneer Mar 28th, 2006 12:46 AM

do any of you play this game with an agp graphics card and if so what card do you have :(

Chojin Mar 28th, 2006 01:18 AM

willie i use a pci express!

i upgraded about a half year ago for $800. while a good pciex card is about $200, you'll have to get a new mobo to support it, and then usually you'll need new ram and a processor etc etc and it all snowballs unless you're good at resisting change unlike me ;<

executioneer Mar 28th, 2006 01:28 AM

i am asking b/c i do not want to buy a new motherboard and none of the stores around my area stock the AGP 6800 that is suppose to be the best agp card for running this so i was just wondering what agp cards run it tolerably well :(

ps all my other specs are above reccommended ;_;

Supafly345 Mar 28th, 2006 08:48 PM

HOORAY!! I got it on the 360. I'll update you on how awesome it is on there after I play for a few hours.

Gurlugon Mar 28th, 2006 09:27 PM

Think I can get it to run bearably with a 1.9 GHz Athlon 64, 128 MB Radeon 9600 Pro AGP 8x, and 1.5 gigs of PC 3200 RAM?

Because I don't. :(

executioneer Mar 28th, 2006 10:44 PM

this will help figure that question out ;(

executioneer Mar 28th, 2006 10:55 PM

guys i totally did not wait for advice i went to bestbuy and got a credit cards and got a brand spanky enw expensive brand graphics card :(

executioneer Mar 28th, 2006 10:57 PM

this one :(

Chojin Mar 29th, 2006 12:04 AM

bad move, i order all my shit from newegg. best buy's return policy is shit.

executioneer Mar 29th, 2006 01:38 AM

I didnt want to order online because of a problem

Supafly345 Mar 29th, 2006 05:17 AM

This game feels like it was made for the 360. With the hotkeys being acessable with the same thumbs, I don't know how the PC could make this game any better other than reduce the load times.

BlueOatmeal Mar 29th, 2006 05:33 AM

So does it run smoother than Morrowwind did on the xbox?

xbxDaniel Mar 29th, 2006 09:51 AM

Hell yes.

Chojin Mar 29th, 2006 11:18 AM

I wonder why steering a horse has different controls than walking ;<

But anyway these games are developed for both platforms simultaneously; there's a console command to switch between xbox and pc versions in the game ;< I got the PC version because I wanted better graphics and to use the construction set.

xbxDaniel Mar 29th, 2006 11:21 AM

I couldn't afford to upgrade my computer. I'd love to have the construction set though.

timrpgland Mar 29th, 2006 11:24 AM

The construction set made my decision other than the fact that I don't want to buy a 360, at least not yet.

The horse mechanics are not very good. With quick travel they are kind of just a nice addition, not really a necessity either.

I bought my character's 2nd house yesterday. Only 22,000 left. I turned level 22 last night as well. So far I have strength and endurance maxed out (nearing agility) as far as attributes. I only have sneak mastered so far for skills. It's kind of nice though since now in most dungeons I run across higher level monsters or humans mainly wearing expensive equipment like glass, ebony or real daedric stuff. Makes for good loot hauls.

My "Vow that Breaks" quest is broken for me still... bastards.

Ninjavenom Mar 29th, 2006 04:04 PM

Use the "RA" command in the console to reset any important NPCs you may have lost or killed.

timrpgland Mar 29th, 2006 04:11 PM

Quote:

Use the "RA" command in the console to reset any important NPCs you may have lost or killed.
That doesn't seem to be the issue. I completed the quest and the quest finisher is alive still. Haven't murdered anyone. I can try rerezzing the enemy that gave me the quest item i suppose... not sure what that'll do. I have 3 rockshatters now.

Gurlugon Mar 29th, 2006 08:42 PM

Thanks, willie!

"You Have: 2.0 GHz Performance Rated at 2.8 GHz" is news to me.

Supafly345 Mar 30th, 2006 01:08 AM

This is the first character I have made dominately a bow user. The advantages to leveling up each skill has become so rewarding that the classes don't seem unbalenced at all, and you can actually choose anything and have just an easy, or hard of a time.

Supafly345 Mar 30th, 2006 05:31 AM

There sure does seem to be a general lack of enemies compared to morrowind though. I was used to every cave being packed with bandits, now I am lucky if I can find 4 animal-type monsters.

Ninjavenom Mar 30th, 2006 11:10 AM

I prefer it with a few less random bandits. Finally the stealth characters get a break and are able to sneak wihout having to get caught midway through the room. I'm thinking about making a Spellsneak character tonight, which would be my first non-blade-speacialty character since i started playing Elder Scrolls. I'm looking forward to using the Summon Xivialia spell :O

timrpgland Mar 30th, 2006 11:37 AM

I'm liking my character so far. Found some more magical heavy armor. Main stuff is my 18 point buff in strength from my ring/gauntlets and my 50% resist to all 3 from my tunic. 118 strength sure is nice for looting and killing. He's too good for his own good.

Hit 23 last night as well and currently have 43k saved up. Still need to decorate my Bruma house though.

Chojin Mar 30th, 2006 05:22 PM

Listening to that orc in the Dark Brotherhood recount his tale of murdering that 5-year-old Nord girl at her birthday party was one of the small handful of 'shit, that's fucked up' gaming moments i've had ;<

The last one I had was in SOF2 when I blew apart every piece of a guy's head and saw the inside of his raincoat hood afterward ;<

Ninjavenom Mar 31st, 2006 04:20 PM

Almost all of the hits had me going "that's fucking shitty, i hope this character isn't a perfect reflection of myself :(", especially when you have to kill that whole family.

Chojin Mar 31st, 2006 07:37 PM

I got invited to the Brotherhood because apparently the Grand Champion of the arena is an innocent man, just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Supafly345 Mar 31st, 2006 09:33 PM

I don't know how I got invited, I never killed anyone I wasn't supposed to kill. Maybe I got invited earlier because I was an assassin or because my main weapon was the bow?

Ninjavenom Mar 31st, 2006 11:25 PM

The person has to have a higher positive personality to negative personality ratio. Like, bandits won't earn you any credit, but an NPC who smuggles drugs but is otherwise an upstanding community member will attract the Brotherhood. I want to get the screenshot function working so i can show off this awesome fucking staff i got :O

Ninjavenom Mar 31st, 2006 11:49 PM

I'm running it at 640x480. Sue me.

Awesome staff, though. It hits for 20 points shock damage, and at full charge of 3000 it has 111 uses :O

MLE Apr 1st, 2006 12:55 AM

hey ninja, why don't you hang out with us >:

Supafly345 Apr 1st, 2006 01:25 AM

I got that freak weapon from my first cave-raid, so I thought it was supposed to be found first =/

Chojin Apr 1st, 2006 02:23 PM

Is there a polymorph potion or something in the game that lets you change your appearence?

I ask because my character originally looked awesome and since i contracted vampirism he just looks like a really creepy old man. His jutting chin now has a sack of fat flapping under it and my skin's all cracked and saggy.

Is that all part of being a vampire or do I just age really quickly or what? Either way, I just look like an idiot in the best armor I have (grand champion raiments), like some 60-year-old cosplayer. And it's embarrassing.

And yeah, Ninja, I got that staff in my second cave raid too ;< I gunned down a good number of people in the arena with it but the armorers want $4004 to repair it so fuck that. And no-one has enough money on-hand to make selling it worthwhile.

executioneer Apr 1st, 2006 04:28 PM

i'm pretty sure thats the vampirism yeah

the_dudefather Apr 1st, 2006 05:49 PM

so far ive only been able to play this for a few hours (away from my main pc y'see) so any tips regarding character creation and whotnot?

was thinking about going either fighter/destruction magic (mostly fighter), stealthy thiefy type fighter or stick with my orc barbarian (maybe with a redone build)

EisigerBiskuit Apr 1st, 2006 06:24 PM

You can cure Vampirism by doing a boring ass quest, I think one of the mages in the Super Hall of Magic Friends Guild in the main town can tell you how to do it.

ArrowX Apr 1st, 2006 06:26 PM

Do you actually get to physically suck blood from people in this game?

Zomboid Apr 1st, 2006 06:41 PM

How many of you made custom classes? I pretty much made a nord paladin only with very little magic...and man I feel like a nerd but this game is fucking awesome.

Chojin Apr 1st, 2006 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EisigerBiskuit
You can cure Vampirism by doing a boring ass quest, I think one of the mages in the Super Hall of Magic Friends Guild in the main town can tell you how to do it.

I have to give this whore 5 grand soul gems to cure it ;< Where the fuck am I gonna get that ;<
Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowX
Do you actually get to physically suck blood from people in this game?

Yeah, and if you don't you take sun damage. I think I have a bug though because my VAMPIRE PERSONALITY TOUCH SPELL only works when I'm in withdrawal :<

the_dudefather Apr 1st, 2006 07:48 PM

the more i hear about this game the more i want to continue playing (once i can that is)

Ninjavenom Apr 2nd, 2006 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin
I have to give this whore 5 grand soul gems to cure it ;< Where the fuck am I gonna get that ;<

There's a fort that has 3 in it, and she has one in her basement. The fourth can be bought from certain mages guild members.

EisigerBiskuit Apr 2nd, 2006 11:40 PM

I found 2 while stealing about in Imperial city, in the Staves shop.

There's 7 right there.

Zomboid Apr 3rd, 2006 12:38 AM

Man it's funny stealing a horse and having the dumbass owner try and chase you down/

Chojin Apr 3rd, 2006 12:52 AM

So apparently the longer i go without feeding, the more powers I get. Why is that.

ItalianStereotype Apr 3rd, 2006 01:07 AM

because instead of eating, you're doing new things. fatty.

Chojin Apr 3rd, 2006 01:12 AM

WHY IS EVERYONE BEING SO HURTFUL LATELY

EisigerBiskuit Apr 3rd, 2006 02:28 AM

VAMPIRISM REDUCES CHARISMA

timrpgland Apr 3rd, 2006 02:29 AM

Just got 100k today and hit level 25. Even with most mobs leveling with me, it doesn't seem to matter anymore. It's gotten easy again (maybe time to move the slider).

These magebane greaves I picked up the other day are pretty damn sweet.

EisigerBiskuit Apr 3rd, 2006 02:31 AM

For some reason I can't keep myself from going past level 6. I Just start another game.

Maybe I'll try to break that with a new class. I have no idea why the name Cock Thief came to mind, but it comes with Security and Illusion! :O

Chojin Apr 3rd, 2006 08:23 AM

So in Morrowind we had 4 classes of armor: Heavy, Medium, Light, And Unarmored. In Oblivion we have two: Heavy and Light.

Is it possible to get any benefit from not wearing armor at all in Oblivion? As in, do you get a dodging bonus like you did in Morrowind with unarmored, or a bonus to sneak or spellcraft? Or is it just what i think it is - none, but some unarmored clothing is enchanted?

And I would like some details on how vampirism works :< Feeding seems to neuter your powers, which doesn't seem like the way things should work.

Ninjavenom Apr 3rd, 2006 10:15 AM

Feeding nulls your powers but you get two distinct advantages from that - people won't completely hate you, so you can still buy things you need without charming, and the sun won't tear your ass a new one if you stay well fed. When you become a vampire and don't feed for 3 days, people fucking HATE you.

The advantage to not wearing armor is only available to spellcasters, whose spell effectiveness goes down according to what kind and how much armor they wear. Meaning that, for instance, if you had a 65% effectiveness, your fireball spell could hit a foe and do absolutely nothing. This makes an incentive for casters to wear their robes or just normal clothes. There are enchanted normal clothes, but you'll only see them if your character is more of a caster type. Almost all loot in the game is levelled towards your character and his/her stats. That's why if you're a light armor user, you won't find ebony as often as glass, and vice versa. That's also why most enchanted weapons you will find are either basic ones of the type you don't use, or fancy ones of the type you do use.

Zomboid Apr 3rd, 2006 12:29 PM

Did anyone else end up getting attacked by the unicorn and killed it, assuming there'd be another one but there really wasn't? :(

Archduke Tips Apr 3rd, 2006 04:56 PM

You killed the last unicorn? :(

I just got this game and it is awesome.
I haven't gotten to play it very much though. So far I found the arena and fought a few times. Then I ran around in the woods and got attacked by some wolves.

I have no idea what I am doing!! but its awesome.

Supafly345 Apr 3rd, 2006 07:18 PM

Yeah, the unicorn follows me around now and is considered my horse for some reason. Instead of killing the minotaurs that protect it I just hopped onto it and rode off, now whenever I quick travel he appears by my side. I lost my dark brotherhood horse though.

Ninjavenom Apr 3rd, 2006 08:19 PM

Mine died at an oblivion gate :(

Zomboid Apr 3rd, 2006 10:09 PM

Mine was my buddy too, then it attacked me and a guy ran out of his house to help me kill it so we kicked it's ass and I ripped it's horn off.

Right now I'm hunting vampires for some loser secret group in the imperial temple district.

executioneer Apr 4th, 2006 01:55 AM

what are you guys, some kind of giant red bull

timrpgland Apr 4th, 2006 10:59 AM

I killed the unicorn a while back and I'M GLAD I DID!!! TO DEATH WITH THE UNICORNS!

Zomboid Apr 4th, 2006 04:41 PM

Yeah, it was kinda useless. Looked awesome when I first saw it though. Shadowmere is much cooler though :O

the_dudefather Apr 4th, 2006 06:18 PM

im imagining something like this

Archduke Tips Apr 4th, 2006 10:57 PM

Today I started a bar fight. I stabbed some orc and the bar patrons all jumped the orc and then the guards came in and they all started brawling. Some angry chick came running down from one of the rooms upstairs and started fighting the guards, but got killed pretty quick and her corpse fell onto a table knocking lettuce and carrots all over the place.

I just watched the whole thing. It was hilarious. Does this sort of thing happen often?

Fathom Zero Apr 4th, 2006 11:06 PM

Damn, I didn't know that level of environmental interaction was possible in a game. You shoulda made a video of it.
AS SOON AS I GET A 360, BY GOD....

executioneer Apr 5th, 2006 12:56 AM

hahaha i love jumping up on tables with stuff arranged all nice on them and knocking it all over the floor >:D jerk physics are awesome

Zomboid Apr 5th, 2006 02:53 AM

Yeah, I didn't even think of it till supafly mentioned it to me, but it's hilarious when ya take a big staff or broom or something and knock over all their nicely arranged merchandise.

Early on in the game, I saw a cat guy sneak up to a table, knock half the shit off and then calmy start eating.

Edit: And that fucking vampire that fathered the half orc arena champion guy (killed him too though >: ) made me a vampire and it sucks ass cause I can never find anyone sleeping to make my appearance less scary. I get fucking roasted outside during the day.

Chojin Apr 5th, 2006 07:09 AM

If you suck at security and can't get into an inn's private rooms to feed, your next best bet are homeless people. After that, the mages' and fighters' guild quarters.

Zomboid Apr 5th, 2006 09:50 AM

Yeah, I eventually remembered that I was a member of all the guilds and so I did feed a few times, but then I got sick of doing that every day so I went and got the cure :o

I got like 3 grand soul gems in the mystic shop in the imperial city, and then found all the other shit pretty easily.

timrpgland Apr 5th, 2006 11:01 AM

I became the Master of the Fighter's Guild last night and leveled up again. The helmet that Oreywn gives you is pretty killer but too bad it looks stupid. Now to finish the other guilds.

Ninjavenom Apr 5th, 2006 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RussoNWM
Today I started a bar fight. I stabbed some orc and the bar patrons all jumped the orc and then the guards came in and they all started brawling. Some angry chick came running down from one of the rooms upstairs and started fighting the guards, but got killed pretty quick and her corpse fell onto a table knocking lettuce and carrots all over the place.

I just watched the whole thing. It was hilarious. Does this sort of thing happen often?

I saw two nords beat each other shitless in the bar, then run outside and get slaughtered by a guard. Try using your speechcraft to piss someone off into fighting you in a really crowded bar. Or chameleon yourself and hide out of sight, then summon a monster.

timrpgland Apr 5th, 2006 04:09 PM

I got annoyed the other day when trying to complete a random quest. Had to meet this orc character in a inn so I went over there only to have some homeless guy sneak up to where the orc was and start a fight. The orc started chasing down this bum outside of the inn so I followed. The guards went after the orc however and killed him, ending the quest. Didn't save for a while before that so said screw it and then later tryed rezzing him to find out that it didn't matter, the quest wouldn't complete no matter what. :(

I did manage to fix the other "vow that breaks" quest that was broken for me.

Zomboid Apr 5th, 2006 05:16 PM

Did you do that big quest in bramura or whatever it's called? The one the countess gives you? I did that and got a whole lot of good treasure on the way :O, plus it's pretty cool cause you go pretty far into the mountains.

Best ones so far though were the later dark brotherhood ones where you pick up your missions in weird places.

the_dudefather Apr 5th, 2006 08:21 PM

cant wait to start playing this again once i get back to my main pc :)

btw: is there any advantages to being a vampire, apart from looking sexy cool (or hidiously deformed depending on what movies you watch), heard there were sme depending on your class

Supafly345 Apr 5th, 2006 09:12 PM

Finally cured that goddamn vampirism. You get a healthey amount of gold, but now that I cured it once I can just go back to that wich every time I turn into one and get cured again whenever I want. Glad they never make you do that damn mission ever again.

My guy looked more dark, old, and dying before he turned into a vampire, even though I wasn't pale.

xbxDaniel Apr 5th, 2006 09:19 PM

When you become a vampire and don't feed you get special powers that are unlocked over time. If you do feed then you just get the regular stat boosts, but don't look horrendous and people will like you.

Supafly345 Apr 6th, 2006 12:42 AM

I think everyone has figured that out by now, thanks for being three days behind.

xbxDaniel Apr 6th, 2006 07:35 AM

Dudefather asked. Do you have to be very good with magic in order to do the quests for the mages guild? Or is it made so that anybody can easily do them?

the_dudefather Apr 6th, 2006 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbxDaniel
When you become a vampire and don't feed you get special powers that are unlocked over time. If you do feed then you just get the regular stat boosts, but don't look horrendous and people will like you.

cool thanks for the conselladated info

Ninjavenom Apr 6th, 2006 09:53 AM

Mages Guild missions are usually just collection missions, though you really should try a magic character. They annihilate.

Supafly345 Apr 6th, 2006 11:09 AM

Sorry.
I've gotten to the highest ranking in Dark Brotherhood, Fighter's Guild, and Thieves Guild, now I'm working on getting the mages guild conquered. And I am wishing that I made a magic character, because they are the only skills that you will rarely use unless you RELY on them, and if you don't then they are hard as hell to level. And I am thinking I am gonna make one next, because the magic in this game is so goddamn fun to use.

Zomboid Apr 6th, 2006 12:40 PM

Yeah, I started off with a big warrior guy with healing abilities but even those are really weak cause I don't level them enough. The magic is fun to use though so it's hard to decide between an assasin type guy or just a magic user the second time I play...which I'm assuming will be in a while cause I'm not even half done yet.

EisigerBiskuit Apr 6th, 2006 01:00 PM

The melons have come to take the town!

Fathom Zero Apr 6th, 2006 05:25 PM

That's awesome...

ATTACK OF THE KILLER WATERMELONS!

Zomboid Apr 6th, 2006 06:03 PM

I tried to dupe watermelons and it didn't work for some reason :(

the_dudefather Apr 6th, 2006 07:07 PM

i like how the guy in the pic is looking at you as if to say
"i suppose you have nothing to do with this mess"

Supafly345 Apr 6th, 2006 11:57 PM

I duped vampire ashes, trying to get 20 and I ended up with 400 with them spilling over the docks of Anvil into the water. Vampire kool-aid harbor they now call it.

EisigerBiskuit Apr 7th, 2006 12:26 AM

God I feel like a fruit.

executioneer Apr 7th, 2006 12:40 AM

hahaha kingdom hearts thread :lol

Supafly345 Apr 7th, 2006 12:54 AM

I just found a seconed Lovecraft referance in the game.

executioneer Apr 7th, 2006 01:02 AM

ok

EisigerBiskuit Apr 7th, 2006 01:04 AM

a whatcraft

Supafly345 Apr 7th, 2006 01:19 AM

Leave me alone guys

executioneer Apr 7th, 2006 01:21 AM

jeez

Ninjavenom Apr 7th, 2006 04:19 PM

Duping stuff is hell of easy. It doesn't get any easier than console commands. Or you can even cheat at THAT and use the construction set to place X quantity of Y item in Z place with only about 3 minutes of work, counting load times.

EisigerBiskuit Apr 7th, 2006 05:01 PM

Gaston has to kill Gaston, oh the irony :lol

Supafly345 Apr 7th, 2006 06:41 PM

Uh, me and zomboid are duping in the 360 version ninja, we have to use this bizarre arrow switching thing in order to dupe.

MetalMilitia Apr 7th, 2006 07:17 PM

Anyone using an ATI X1K video card for this game might want to check this out; http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=5269

Seem someone released a driver which allows for both HDR and AA, which was previously broken in some way.

Ninjavenom Apr 7th, 2006 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supafly345
Uh, me and zomboid are duping in the 360 version ninja, we have to use this bizarre arrow switching thing in order to dupe.

oh. Durrr :o

the_dudefather Apr 8th, 2006 07:08 AM

got morrowind for cheap to play on my laptop while i wait to play oblivion.

should make its shiny new graphics all the better after playing this for a while