I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Holiday Presents (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69705494)

Fathom Zero Dec 6th, 2010 05:06 PM

Holiday Presents

I'm starting a "Whaddidjaget for X-MAS" sort of thread now because I'm not a part of Secret Santa and my grandmother sent me things for St. Nicholas Day.

She's awesome. I also got the typical shoes filled with candy.

I'm giving things to people, too, but they're mostly of the baked-goods variety.

Evil Robot Dec 6th, 2010 07:09 PM

It appears as though shes trying to make you fat and depressed.

Fathom Zero Dec 6th, 2010 07:18 PM

HAH, you can't make a depressed person depressed.

Wiffles Dec 6th, 2010 07:20 PM

The sugar in those treats will fix that. At least temporarily ^^

Fathom Zero Dec 6th, 2010 07:22 PM

I've already eaten three of them. :(

Esuohlim Dec 6th, 2010 07:38 PM

Unwrap a smile this Christmas :( :(

Kitsa Dec 6th, 2010 07:39 PM

I haven't done St Nicholas day since 4th grade. When we moved to Milwaukee all the kids were German and everyone came to school on Dec 6th or 7th talking about what they got. Then I came home and was all "wtf" to my mom and she got me a Super Shades binder so I had something. As soon as we were out of the area, we stopped.

I got zero Chanukah presents. Hopes are nonexistent for that, even though technically there are a couple more days.

I got one Christmas present early, a gift certificate for a wine place. It looks as if I will be trying new wines because they don't stock my favorites, but maybe there's a new favorite in there somewhere. I'm curious about a wine sales website that only stocks like 15 different wines. Works for them somehow, I guess.

If it counts, the guy at the British grocery gave me a treacle toffee today and the guy who's always so nice at the Sprint store waived the charge for a new battery. That was an unexpected spot of kindness.

Fathom Zero Dec 6th, 2010 07:50 PM

My grandmother's from Zinzinnati, so it's always been a tradition for me. As long as you make latkes, though, it's a fantastic Chanukah.

Kitsa Dec 6th, 2010 07:54 PM

I haven't yet though :( I thought I was going to get some at the Chanukah party I went to but then I didn't. I saw the warming trays, but we barely knew anyone there and it would have been weird to just walk up and start eating food, idk.

I have a recipe for sweet potato latkes and was thinking about that if I have any energy tomorrow.

Nick Dec 6th, 2010 08:28 PM

So far I've only gotten this.

Zomboid Dec 6th, 2010 09:31 PM

I now re-iterate what I said in that thread. You've even started linking anything vaguely relevant to stuff on I-Mockery.

Nick Dec 6th, 2010 10:10 PM

I know, the SS event on I-Mockery.com is totally only vaguely relevant to I-Mockery.com

Mockery Dec 6th, 2010 10:28 PM

Fathom - Oh man, I have to try those holiday marshmallow treats. I was looking in my grocery store just the other day but didn't see any Christmas snacks yet other than a small tub of peppermint bark. Come on Little Debbie... don't fail me now.

Zomboid Dec 6th, 2010 10:39 PM

I've been seeing holiday treats since November. Then again, our Thanksgiving is in mid-October, so the stores go from Halloween to Christmas a lot quicker :xmas1 :xmas2 :xmas3

Nick, people like you are why I love (and hate) the internet. Keep doing what you're doing, kiddo :picklehat:picklehat:picklehat:picklehat:picklehat

Nick Dec 6th, 2010 10:49 PM

On it, boss. :picklehat:picklehat:picklehat:picklehat:picklehat

elx Dec 6th, 2010 11:37 PM

UNNECESSARILY LONG PERSONAL STORY: my two older brothers came home to spend thanksgiving break with us. they started getting ready to go black friday shopping at like 10PM and when I expressed interest in joining them they refused to allow me to come and told me to go to bed. I got kinda upset because I thought they were doing the whole not-wanting-your-baby-sister-tagging-along sorta thing. and they left without me and i went to bed super angry. the next morning i woke up to a limited edition wii and a 37 inch plasma. as it turns out they didn't want me to come because they planned this trip out specifically so they could give me an entertainment upgrade for christmas. they felt bad about making me feel bad so they gave it to me early.

naturally i've felt like a brat ever since. I want to give them something special in return but I dunno what a 23 and 20 year old dude would like aside from beer :( anybody have any awesome present ideas?!

edit: also i have discovered that the best gift to give somebody you loath is one of those magnified cosmetic mirrors. it's subtle enough to be received warmly but it'll make them feel horrible about themselves.

Sam Dec 6th, 2010 11:54 PM

PUSSY.

NOT YOURS OBVIOUSLY.

executioneer Dec 7th, 2010 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elx (Post 706725)
edit: also i have discovered that the best gift to give somebody you loath is one of those magnified cosmetic mirrors. it's subtle enough to be received warmly but it'll make them feel horrible about themselves.

i learned that from reading Lord of the Rings :nerd :angelicabaggins

Fathom Zero Dec 7th, 2010 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 706728)
PUSSY.

NOT YOURS OBVIOUSLY.

:lol

What if she lives in toothless country?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 706717)
Fathom - Oh man, I have to try those holiday marshmallow treats. I was looking in my grocery store just the other day but didn't see any Christmas snacks yet other than a small tub of peppermint bark. Come on Little Debbie... don't fail me now.

I hope you find them. They taste like Christmas! :O

Zhukov Dec 7th, 2010 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elx (Post 706725)

naturally i've felt like a brat ever since. I want to give them something special in return but I dunno what a 23 and 20 year old dude would like aside from beer :( anybody have any awesome present ideas?!

What kind of guys are they? Do you know what they like doing?

executioneer Dec 7th, 2010 04:48 AM

nerf guns, the more rounds fired the better

Kitsa Dec 7th, 2010 07:44 AM

We've had all of the Little Debbie Christmas stuff around since halloween. Maybe a little before.

My favorite holiday-only stuff that comes out around here is the cranberry ginger ale. Well, that and the REAL pfeffernusse (not the archway crap with the powdered sugar...has to have that hard sugar shell).

Zhukov Dec 7th, 2010 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 706752)
My favorite holiday-only stuff that comes out around here is the cranberry ginger ale.

That sounds amazing. I wish we had more flavours of everything here.

Oh, and can we post pictures of presents we have bought ourselves here? :(

Wiffles Dec 7th, 2010 08:41 AM

I'll prolly get nothing substantial this Xmas seeing as its been a long trend of ours to just enjoy a nice meal, and give gifts of snack cakes, candy bars, pudding, and the odd book or cheap toy. Not complaining or anything. ^^

captain516 Dec 23rd, 2010 10:41 PM

SAPMBOT, ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS YOU:love

Kitsa Dec 23rd, 2010 11:41 PM

We had the first segment of our multi-family, multi-location Christmas. My parents built me a solid oak fireplace mantel and got me some cool LED crackling logs because I am afraid of real candles and fires. I also got a velvet hat, several incarnations of a fragrance I like, a mexican mortar and pestle, a shitload of chocolate and some european cookie things, stuff like that.

Fathom Zero Dec 23rd, 2010 11:59 PM

My grandmother gave me several cans of delicious chili early. Yummm.

Also, yesterday I sent out peanut butter cookies to Willie and this one girl I know that I promosed to send something to.

replicant Dec 24th, 2010 02:28 AM

Me and My Hubs can never quite make it until Xmas. lol

executioneer Dec 24th, 2010 03:24 AM

i got a battery-powered alarm clock and a car care kit from ppl @ work

and fo course several secrat santa presents which i have already detailed :eek

kahljorn Dec 24th, 2010 05:21 AM

I GOT ALL OF MY friENDS AT IMOCKERY TOGETHER HERE IN THIS FORUM

Sacks Dec 24th, 2010 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 708817)
I GOT ALL OF MY friENDS AT IMOCKERY TOGETHER HERE IN THIS FORUM

:tear

MLE Dec 24th, 2010 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by replicant (Post 708802)
Me and My Hubs can never quite make it until Xmas. lol

that's what she said

Fathom Zero Dec 24th, 2010 02:21 PM

I don't even know

Shyandquietguy Dec 24th, 2010 07:38 PM

I got a spiffy touch screen MP3 player.

It only plays four file types, but it is still awesome.

4GB internal and a SDHC slot.

dextire Dec 24th, 2010 10:25 PM

Due to schedule stuff we had to open gifts early this year.
In addition to a lot of very nice boring practical things that adults always get; I did get something really awesome!
Spoilers!

Fathom Zero Dec 24th, 2010 10:44 PM

And that, my friend, is all that counts.

dextire Dec 25th, 2010 12:53 AM

Absolutely! :xmas1

Phoenix Gamma Dec 25th, 2010 04:21 AM

:love:love:love:love:love
I've been using my Intuos3 for 5 years and it's really beat the fuck up (btc helped resolder the USB cable after an accident. It's been held together by duct tape for the past year). But this thing's AMAZING.

Also got the complete Sam & Max collection because I never read any of their stuff. And I got a pretty awesome leather jacket, except it makes me look a lot older (and I just bought a jacket very similar to Leon Kennedy's three weeks ago that makes me look like my actual age for once :( )

And a bunch of money and misc clothes.

EDIT: Totally random story BUT I NEED TO VENT.

I visited my relatives tonight for Christmas and we're watching TV. One of my relatives is talking about MTV and how it needs to be taken off the air. Meanwhile we're watching Cartoon Network (for the youngest in the family. And because I like CN.) My relative looks at the TV and says:
"Cartoon Network...that's another station that needs to be taken off the air. It's the Japanese screwing up our kids. Pokeyman, Bankoogan...we bomb them, they get back at us!"
Except the cartoon we were watching was Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. And I'm a cartoonist. I hate visiting family on holidays >:

Guitar Woman Dec 25th, 2010 12:01 PM

A shirt
Mario Kart DS
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEF JERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRKY
A DS
An MP3 player
A teapot
A job
Some tea
A BLACK WII, REPLACING THE WHITE WII OF OLD TO SYMBOLIZE MY INNOCENCE LOST FOREVER INTO THE VOID, ALSO THE DISC DRIVE WAS BROKEN

Fathom Zero Dec 25th, 2010 12:02 PM

My grandparents got me Ham on Rye and Less Than Zero. They're so nice.

Guitar Woman Dec 25th, 2010 12:02 PM

I didn't get any books >:

Fathom Zero Dec 25th, 2010 12:16 PM

I'm so sorry. My family's book people.

Zomboid Dec 25th, 2010 04:18 PM

I got:
Godzilla box set (9 movies, or something like that)
Godzilla dvds not included in the box set
Planet of the Apes complete set (this bitch has every movie, the tv show, the animated series, the remake, AND it stows safely away in the back of this Caesar bust. Super cool, and limited edition :O)
Big Star Wars book (fucking huge and includes a toooooonne of info on everything Star Wars over the years)
Spider-Man vault book ("museum in a book" with rare collectibles. Reeeeally cool shit. It has a bunch of old stuff from over the years, like trading cards and sketch pages)
M&M mug
The Wire complete series box set
Onion playing cards, framed magazine covers, and desk calendar
I-Mockery poster pack
Fright-Rags shirt (Silent Night, Deadly Night!)
Red Skull bobblehead
Phantasm, They Live, Tales from the Crypt double feature
Home Alone complete set
Christmas specials dvd set
Wolverine bust paper weight
Stephen King's new book of short stories
The Chrysalids and The Midwich Cuckoos (both are John Wyndham books, braw)
The last few volumes in the 100 Bullets series
Office season 1
Egg poacher

and a couple of other small things. Really fucking spoiled.

Sacks Dec 25th, 2010 06:06 PM

My girlfriend's parents (whom I've never met) sent me a Tim the Enchanter hat with the gifts they sent to her. My mother saw it and thought they were insinuating I am the devil.

Other stuff:
Cop gear for the band, some pulp art books, ACME Library 11 and 20, a pound of dice, some shoes, Splatterhouse, and a nasty guitar pedal.

Fathom Zero Dec 25th, 2010 06:15 PM

Shit, Zomboid, I wanted The Wire.

Esuohlim Dec 25th, 2010 06:44 PM

So I used to put a whole mess of books, music, video games, and DVDs I wanted on a list until my parents started just giving me 75 bucks or so in place of entertainment-related gifts so that I could just get exactly what I wanted more easily online. Since then I kept that kind of stuff off the list.

Somewhere along the line they started interpreting this as "I don't want entertainment-related gifts" so this is the second year in a row that I didn't get any money.

So, in short, the best present I received was a new pair of jeans :( zomboid I'm jealous. I've got that Wire boxed set already, though. :(

Zomboid Dec 25th, 2010 08:35 PM

I got a lot of stuff, but this was probably the worst Christmas in every other way, so don't be too jealous. I'm sick as hell, and I've fucking had it with my family. I never thought I'd get to the point where Christmas annoys me, but here we are. I'm going to go home like five days early, buy Splatterhouse, and just relax before school bullshit starts again.

darkvare Dec 25th, 2010 08:52 PM

i got gta complete edition that for some reason came with the security box the gta 4 limited edition had uncharted 2 demon's souls i opened it earlier a new wallet marvel zombies 2 monster edition and an ecko watch

Fathom Zero Dec 25th, 2010 08:57 PM

Take a pic of the Ecko watch, brah

Babs Dec 26th, 2010 05:45 AM

I got a nice Martin classical guitar which I might add sounds amazing. Also got another VHS player because mine has been on the fritz for months now. And the icing on the cake has to be freeleech on Cinemageddon until the 3rd of January, definitely amazing.

Supafly345 Dec 26th, 2010 08:57 AM

Nothing. Literally. Unless you count dinner.

captain516 Dec 26th, 2010 02:00 PM

YYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS

darkvare Dec 26th, 2010 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 708880)
Take a pic of the Ecko watch, brah

lol almost forgot heres the picture

Fathom Zero Dec 26th, 2010 03:36 PM

I'm a sucker for nice watches. That looks fly, dude.

Guitar Woman Dec 27th, 2010 06:32 AM

Left 4 Dead 2

Not a physical copy, unfortunately, so it's going to take like 12 goddamn days to download

Dimnos Dec 27th, 2010 12:04 PM

To bad you didnt get some real internet too. :\

Dimnos Dec 27th, 2010 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain516 (Post 708898)
YYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS

:wank :drool

Dimnos Dec 27th, 2010 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 708870)
Red Skull bobblehead

Probably what Im most jealous of.

stevetothepast Dec 27th, 2010 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 708954)
To bad you didnt get some real internet too. :\

dat was funny.

kahljorn Dec 27th, 2010 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 708901)
lol almost forgot heres the picture

now the clown in your avatar needs a nice watch

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 28th, 2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacks (Post 708873)
My girlfriend's parents (whom I've never met) sent me a Tim the Enchanter hat with the gifts they sent to her. My mother saw it and thought they were insinuating I am the devil.

Other stuff:
Cop gear for the band, some pulp art books, ACME Library 11 and 20, a pound of dice, some shoes, Splatterhouse, and a nasty guitar pedal.

Sacks, what is the name of your band? P.C. ?

Babs Dec 28th, 2010 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supafly345 (Post 708894)
Nothing. Literally. Unless you count dinner.

What do you like?

Sacks Dec 28th, 2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 709036)
Sacks, what is the name of your band? P.C. ?

Yeah, Polish Cops. Everything up on the internet right now was recorded by me alone in my room so wait a few more weeks when the album is recorded to be disappointed.

ginger Dec 28th, 2010 11:23 PM

i got 2 beatings. santa woke me up for the first one, and then my stepdad gave me one. :rock

Sacks Dec 29th, 2010 12:01 AM

But seriously though folks.

dextire Dec 29th, 2010 01:33 AM

This is why people give me gift cards to movie stores instead of movies. :)

replicant Dec 29th, 2010 01:53 AM

For Xmas + My Birthday I got....

Fun Stuff: Funko Cthulu Bobblehead

Music - Some Danny Elfman and Fleet Foxes CDs

DVD - Hausu (Criterion) Blu-Ray, Torchwood Season 1 Blu-ray

Graphic Novels - City of Light, City of Dark, Aleister Arcane

Some books that included Lovecraft Unbound

Some Target Gift Cards, Money, See's Chocolates, and some other gift cards

Incense Diffusers from Co-Workers and Work

Silver Skull Kitchen Accessory, DEVO Themed Cupcakes from my friend Lauren

A Candy Dish from my mom

Some Tech (My husband spoils me since we don't have children):A Nook (for us both, really), a new Laptop (I hated the Macbook I got as a graduation present that I gave it to my husband; in exchange, he got me a replacement laptop), Insignia Chumby (my new alarm clock ----weeeeee)

With my Xmas one-time Work Bonus (After 4 years of no pay raise) - I did Xmas shopping but I was bad and bought myself stuff that Amazon was selling at some crazy good prices:

Buck Rogers Complete Series, Trigun: The Complete Series Box Set, Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars, Farscape: The Complete Series, A Tree of Palme, and Kamui Gaiden: Movie (Blu-Ray)

+ the awesome Secret Santa presents :)

Santa was good to me this year.

Babs Dec 29th, 2010 02:27 AM

Gymkata, nice pick Dextire. Interesting story as to why that's released on DVD now ;)

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 30th, 2010 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacks (Post 709054)
Yeah, Polish Cops. Everything up on the internet right now was recorded by me alone in my room so wait a few more weeks when the album is recorded to be disappointed.

My ex girlfriend with the unicorn tattoo actually really likes Polish Cops. I kind of assumed you were in it because I haven't heard them brought up anywhere besides you, her and her friend shane. Let me know when the album is out and I'll get a copy.