I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   From Barack Obama to his flock (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69701301)

Tadao Dec 19th, 2008 09:47 PM

From Barack Obama to his flock

How do you like me now bitches?

derrida Dec 19th, 2008 11:05 PM

Disillusioned Obama-loathing is already a big hit on the runways in Paris, Milan, and Tokyo!
Verily, it's the hot look for spring '09!

pac-man Dec 20th, 2008 12:08 AM

What did people expect? Politicians are not to be trusted.

Having said that, WOOOOO!!! We won! Get ready for some muthafuckin' change muthafuckas!

Tadao Dec 20th, 2008 12:43 AM

I just think it's too funny, I expected him to at least get into office before he let them down.

pac-man Dec 20th, 2008 12:50 AM

I voted Obama mainly to punish the Republican party. You do a bad job, you get fired. But anybody who for a minute believed that Barack ain't part of the club is out of their god damned mind. I'll get a bit more faith in the system when we options besides "turd sandwich and giant douche," as South Park put it so well.

ZeldaQueen Dec 20th, 2008 10:01 PM

I know the guy's going to let down somehow. He's a politician and he's human. But I'm just waiting to see how he handles actually running the country.

Guitar Woman Dec 21st, 2008 04:58 PM

You guys do realize it's not possible to fufill promises of instant world peace and magical rain made of lemonade in the first 5 minutes of your presidency, right

mew barios Dec 21st, 2008 09:14 PM

is this a reference to something specific
i like him as well as ever i guess

Tadao Dec 21st, 2008 10:27 PM

I had the inauguration prayer thing in mind.

pac-man Dec 21st, 2008 10:32 PM

Between that and the corruption in Illinois politics it's kind of hard to look the other way and think that he doesn't have an agenda/cronies/benefactors/etc.

But it's all good because CHANGE IS A COMIN'!!!!!

Tadao Dec 21st, 2008 11:02 PM

Meh, you can't hold him responsible for what happens in Illinois like that. You can only judge him on his actions. Or at least that's how I'll judge him.

Ant10708 Dec 21st, 2008 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 603302)
You guys do realize it's not possible to fufill promises of instant world peace and magical rain made of lemonade in the first 5 minutes of your presidency, right

you do realize he isn't president yet
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!

derrida Dec 22nd, 2008 03:13 AM

he's not president yet, but he has chosen for his cabinet several individuals with strong links to failed policies supported by special interests. No Child Left Behind is a dismal failure, corn ethanol is a scam, our military is wasteful and ill-prepared for reasons that go way beyond Iraq. Obama's record as senator belies a firmly status-quo neoliberal, or whatever you want to call the bankrupt ideology of Bush Clinton and Bush.

And the only evidence to the contrary is "ooooooh magic negro."

Dimnos Dec 23rd, 2008 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derrida (Post 603401)
And the only evidence to the contrary is "ooooooh magic negro."

:lol

omg3969 Jan 13th, 2009 10:40 PM

I HAVE A BONER A MILE WIDE

Tadao Jan 13th, 2009 10:53 PM

Obama never said that :(

ZeldaQueen Jan 14th, 2009 01:40 PM

Can we wait and actually see how things go?

Somehow, I can't help feeling that even if things do go worst case, at least they won't get lower than we were with Bush. And if it goes better, then woot.

If Obama somehow messes up badly, he won't be president again come next election. If he does well, he will.

Honestly, I don't see why people think this is some "make or break" thing. Yes, I hope he'll get us out of Iraq and fix up the economy and all that good stuff. No, I know it'll take a long time and probably won't be complete victories. Do I know? No. I'm not Nostradomus. If I was, I'd be out winning the lottery and not hanging out on the internet (or maybe I would anyway :\).

Tadao Jan 14th, 2009 02:01 PM

It's make or break because Obama made it that way with his big talk about change everything. If we put someone like Clinton in we wouldn't have all these idiots running around thinking that it will be done in one day.

VaporTrailx1 Jan 14th, 2009 05:41 PM

All I have to say is, how often does anything this hyped up actually fulfill expectations and not let us down?

I think it's going to be like someone inventing a cure for AIDS and finding out the side effect is cancer.

At least with Bush we knew from day 1 he was going to let us down. Sure we didn't expect him to screw up as much as he did, but hey, we knew he wasn't destined for greatness. To put it briefly, don't get your hopes up.

Tadao Apr 11th, 2009 09:21 PM

They decided to not go with saving a dog from the shelter. Way to go dickhead.

ZeldaQueen Apr 12th, 2009 11:21 AM

You bumped this topic for that?

Tadao Apr 12th, 2009 01:20 PM

Yes you dumb whore, it shows his character.

90's Child Apr 12th, 2009 03:29 PM

Well, with all the pandering to corporations and the political insiders running things in Obama's administration, I now can say that I officially am dead inside.

What the fuck happened to change? And where the hell is all this populist rage against the corporate whores that I keep hearing about? We should be storming Washington with torches and pitchforks now, but yet, all is silent. It's sad that the sixties backfired so much that we no longer protest and mock the ones that do.

ZeldaQueen Apr 12th, 2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 624193)
Yes you dumb whore, it shows his character.

Shut up. You could have started a new thread rather than bumping one that was last posted on two months ago.

Tadao Apr 12th, 2009 03:57 PM

Why start a new thread when we have one already?

NO YOU SHUT UP!