I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Last Film(s) You Watched (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698544)

Shadowdancer21b Dec 27th, 2010 09:44 PM

I watched Centurion. It was worth renting/watching once.

Babs Dec 28th, 2010 04:51 AM

Just saw The Refrigerator, best god damn campy horror film ever. It's an absolute must see for anyone that loves campiness.

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 28th, 2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babs (Post 709005)
Just saw The Refrigerator, best god damn campy horror film ever. It's an absolute must see for anyone that loves campiness.

The plot sounds ridiculous.

Babs Dec 28th, 2010 04:52 PM

I could totally give you a copy if you'd like, free of charge. Consider it a late Christmas present.

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 28th, 2010 05:06 PM

I don't have a VCR at all :(

Babs Dec 28th, 2010 06:12 PM

Oh the glory of torrents and a DVD burner ;)

I'll even throw in The Stuff, The Pit, The Willies, the entire House collection (1-4), and Popcorn.

dextire Dec 29th, 2010 01:38 AM

Those are some really good movies, Babs. House 1 is a favorite of mine. :)

Babs Dec 29th, 2010 05:47 AM

If you ever want any good horror movies, you know who to talk too.

Dimnos Dec 29th, 2010 11:20 AM

What torrent client do you use Babs? I need a new one.

Tadao Dec 29th, 2010 06:12 PM

I wish there was a place I could pay to get Na'vi translated to Japanese.

Babs Dec 29th, 2010 07:57 PM

I actually use Cinemageddon and Karagarga.

MLE Dec 29th, 2010 08:16 PM

babs, can you PM me an invite to karagara pretty please? I can give you an invite to demonoid or xtremewrestlingtorrents :< Or send you cookies.

Babs Dec 29th, 2010 08:43 PM

I have demonoid already but I can see what I can do. By the way, Cinemageddon is A LOT better than Karagarga (has a better selection and more variety) in my opinion a long with easier to keep a better ratio.

MLE Dec 29th, 2010 11:15 PM

I'd be interested in both and would send you a whole batch of homemade shortbread dipped in ghiradelli dark chocolate. Srsly.

Dimnos Dec 30th, 2010 11:04 AM

Do you got anything that isnt for elitist jerks but still good?

Babs Dec 30th, 2010 06:26 PM

You mean my trackers or the actual client I use? Because I just use uTorrent for my client. If you're speaking about the tracker, I could send you an invite to Demonoid if you wanted.

Mad Melvin Dec 30th, 2010 07:24 PM

Oh man, I would love to have an invite to Demonoid, but all I got in return is just some Voddler invites, which are useless 'cause registration is apparently free nowadays. :\

Anyway, back to topic. Just watched Buried and Black Swan. Buried was a little dissapointing after hearing so much praise for the film, but it had me on the edge of my seat most of the time. Ryan Reynolds managed to be a lot less Ryan Reynolds than usual, so I didn't have the urge to carve my own flesh. Decent movie, which will be erased from my memory within a month.

Black Swan was another letdown. I expected so much after I saw the trailer and especially after the phenomenal "The Wrestler", but all I got was some watered down "The Tenant". I didn't really care for the characters, so even the horror parts didn't do nothing for me. I didn't exactly hate the movie, but it was just a big MEH. Maybe i'll see it again some time, if I just wasn't in the right mood for the film or some shit.

Tadao Dec 30th, 2010 07:35 PM

I've got a bunch of Marx Brothers set to record on TCM on the 31st.

dextire Dec 30th, 2010 10:07 PM

A Night at the Opera is my absolute favorite Marx Brothers movie.

Watched Arsenic and Old Lace; another classic favorite of mine.

Kitsa Dec 30th, 2010 10:30 PM

Just got back from seeing Gulliver's Travels.

It's a very standard Jack Black movie. Pretty much everything you think will happen does. There's no new ground broken there.

executioneer Dec 31st, 2010 03:22 AM

he shoulda played a yahoo instead of gulliver

Kitsa Dec 31st, 2010 06:57 AM

I guess I can't have a problem with it, because that's his whole thing, and there are funny parts. But I don't need a spoiler tag when I say that he saves the day with a big musical number because EVERYONE KNOWS IT WILL HAPPEN.

Aaarg Jan 1st, 2011 05:06 PM

rebel without a cause -
had never seen it. disappointing. i don't get why so many people like it, or james dean.

jason and the argonauts -
again, had never seen it. harryhausen is great. the movie itself was so-so, but worth it for the animated skeletons alone. totally. i like when special effects took effort.

blue velvet -
oh my god, fuck david lynch. such great reviews, such awful films.

i think tonight we're watching the newest incarnation of metropolis.

Fathom Zero Jan 1st, 2011 05:19 PM

I like Blue Velvet, Lost Highway, and Mulholland Drive. Eraserhead is the only movie too creepy for me to watch all the way through, which gets props from me. I don't like Dune and Inland Empire is just intellectual masturbation. Rabbits and Dumbland are great, though.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 3rd, 2011 04:15 PM

Confessions of a Shopaholic.....it was on after Don't be a menace to south central while drinking your juice in the hood.