I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Fable - Any thoughts? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13218)

ThisIsWitty Aug 11th, 2004 04:30 PM

Fable - Any thoughts?

Supposedly going to be good. Hopefully.

Anyone?

N00bKill3R Aug 11th, 2004 07:14 PM

Better be good for all the damn waiting :explode

LacrimansTaurne Aug 12th, 2004 10:23 PM

I've pre-ordered it. From all the clips I've seen and the things I've read, it sounds like it's going to be a great game. Molyneux has yet to disappoint me; hopefully it'll stay that way.

ArrowX Aug 13th, 2004 09:57 PM

I'm not sure its going to be great. It'll make truckloads of cash but from what I hear of all the things they suposedly cut out (i.e. Realtime aging, killing children, being able to raise a family, bcome the leader of a town) I don't think It will be a milestone game.

Ant10708 Aug 14th, 2004 02:56 PM

They have to leave some stuff for the sequeal.

ArrowX Aug 14th, 2004 06:05 PM

Aye

Anonymous Aug 14th, 2004 09:02 PM

That is the stupidest logic ever. Why would you cut out features from your game just so you can add them in the sequel? That's what you do only when your game is worthless in content.

Immortal Goat Aug 14th, 2004 09:15 PM

I wouldn't think they would cut those out, though. Those features were basically what they were creating the game about (not the killing children thing, but the real time aging), and would be too important to get rid of.

That being said, I can't wait for this one. It's massively open structure sounds interesting, and I like the idea that if I am evil enough, my character will be wreathed in flames and grow horns. :evil

executioneer Aug 14th, 2004 09:33 PM

oh wtf i was looking forward to killing the children so much :'(

ArrowX Aug 14th, 2004 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin
That is the stupidest logic ever. Why would you cut out features from your game just so you can add them in the sequel? That's what you do only when your game is worthless in content.

Square Enix does it all the time.

executioneer Aug 15th, 2004 12:32 AM

hence, stupidest logic CONFIRMED

DamnthatDavid Aug 15th, 2004 01:25 AM

Just got a Demo DVD of Fable for pre-ording it. To lazy to put it in the Box...

Immortal Goat Aug 15th, 2004 02:42 AM

Then tell us about it AFTER you watch it, dumbfuck.

FS Aug 15th, 2004 06:01 AM

It's been so insanely hyped, I don't think it can do much else than disappoint. But it's probably not my kind of game anyway. So. Uh. So.

ArrowX Aug 15th, 2004 12:44 PM

Brute Force anyone?

FS I love your avitar. GO HOLLAND'S GUNDAM!

Perndog Aug 15th, 2004 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin

Because during development people keep coming up with new features and if they used all of them development would just drag on forever the game would never be released.

This (and extra money) is why Blizzard makes such awesome expansion packs. That's what they do with all the features that are designed after they're too far into development to add any more.

executioneer Aug 15th, 2004 07:18 PM

but c'mon, killing children? all the QUALITY games have that :(

Perndog Aug 15th, 2004 07:34 PM

Daggerfall :love

Wait...were there children in that game?

If there were, you could kill them.

pjalne Aug 15th, 2004 07:40 PM

Oh man, I keep going "FS, I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED IN YOU!" and then I realize it's not FS at all.

James Aug 19th, 2004 12:54 AM

The more I read about it, the more I believe it'll be a console mover.

As for the features they cut out, I don't think it's true based on the things I've read (especially since one picture appears to be your character kicking a child off a cliffside). Any references to the claims of these things taken out?

Perndog Aug 19th, 2004 02:09 AM

I'm going to buy an Xbox for this game.

FreakinStrange Aug 19th, 2004 04:10 AM

yeah if i were to buy an Xbox for any one game it would be this one

HickMan Aug 19th, 2004 11:45 AM

Square Enix is a faggot company

ArrowX Aug 19th, 2004 11:47 AM

It should be B.C.

From the footage ive seen at EB Games the framerate appears to die whene theres about 6 humans on screen.

ThisIsWitty Aug 20th, 2004 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
The more I read about it, the more I believe it'll be a console mover.

As for the features they cut out, I don't think it's true based on the things I've read (especially since one picture appears to be your character kicking a child off a cliffside). Any references to the claims of these things taken out?

It's a severed head he's punting off of a cliff. :)