I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Events (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   THE FORUM EVENT COMMENTARY THREAD (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20578)

Obscurus Lupa Apr 29th, 2007 04:55 PM

Not related to the contest...but I have to say, you win best av with me, executioneer. Pee Racer is the epitome of wit.

Zomboid May 4th, 2007 05:11 PM

Why was my fucking post deleted? Can't say "winner", lest it confuse everyone and create unstoppable chaos? Fuck sakes.

Grislygus May 4th, 2007 07:03 PM

I was wondering about that. Probably because you hit the nail on the head.

Mockery May 5th, 2007 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 490163)
Why was my fucking post deleted? Can't say "winner", lest it confuse everyone and create unstoppable chaos? Fuck sakes.

No, you can say "winner" about any entry you like. Your post was deleted because you quoted the entire big image rather than just said "J is gonna win" or whatever. We've always tried discouraging people from quoting big images that were just posted. There's no need for it. We all saw it and liked it the first time.

Move along...

executioneer Jun 18th, 2007 11:40 PM

MARKED ONE, WHAT THE HELL

Mockery Jun 18th, 2007 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 494121)
MARKED ONE, WHAT THE HELL

:confused

Guitar Woman Jun 22nd, 2007 01:11 AM

I think Willie won guys

executioneer Jun 29th, 2007 07:20 PM

if the new h.p. contest was for th enew book i'd totally go for it but as it is i'm not v. interested in video games based on movies :(

FartinMowler Jun 30th, 2007 12:05 AM

Jesus fucking christ I wish I was a mod only to tell this dick Penguins suck :\

Max Radical Jun 30th, 2007 03:36 PM

Much love for BII's jig-a-loo entry. Simple and hilarious.

Fathom Zero Jul 13th, 2007 11:12 PM

Yggdrasil won Harry Potter. Hands down.

Chojin Jul 14th, 2007 05:54 PM

Grislygus was good too. Also, I'd totally be in it if it was for the Wii version :<

Oh and the guy that had Ron dressed as Harry was lol :< Probably my favorite, even

Obscurus Lupa Jul 15th, 2007 01:28 AM

The girl who had Ron dressed as Harry. ;)

I liked the "EAT IT!" entry, lol.

Chojin Jul 15th, 2007 02:14 AM

i think the forum events forum needs its own 'post yer picture here' thread, since it's apparently an alternate dimension :<

MarioRPG Jul 17th, 2007 08:38 PM

Is there a reason I only recognize a few names in the contests?

executioneer Jul 17th, 2007 09:06 PM

probably because theres links to it on the front page and a lot of people who odnt really post on here want to win prizies

Type40 Jul 17th, 2007 09:26 PM

I know I entered because of the link up front...plus, I've always wanted to but never had the time until now.

Long time reader, first time poster and all that...

Obscurus Lupa Jul 18th, 2007 06:54 PM

I post here. Just not much. Plus the contests are fun. :)

MarioRPG Jul 19th, 2007 12:29 PM

I was going to post an entry in the Jig-a-loo contest that was the back to the future poster, and it just saying:
Jig-a-loo: ...How else?

Then I ran out of time.

executioneer Jul 20th, 2007 03:36 AM

i was considering making a bttf one too only with a reference to 1.21 jig-a-watts :(

jared Jul 23rd, 2007 10:25 AM

Based on my analyses of previous contests, in which I lost--without any bitterness--I predict Yggdrasil will win this Harry Potter contest. That's unfortunate, but I can see it has appeal for Generation SpongeBob, lacking in subtlety and nuance. I can imagine what they say now, when they take a moment to stop drinking Sunny Delight, "It's funny cos it's so random." No it isn't. That is not what 'random' means. Unless Yggdrasil used a lottery machine to generate the arrangement of images and words, there is absolutely no randomization present; it is absurdist, surreal perhaps, but not random. But I digress. Should there be anyone acquainted with the glories of Monty Python, surely that one would cast vote for either GrislyGus' entry or my third entry. ObscuraLupa's is also interesting, with one flawed line (Harry calls Ron sick--it's melodramatic). NorthBendson's entry is the worst.

Grislygus Jul 23rd, 2007 11:54 AM

I personally found Ygg's entry to be crunchy and delicious, with a powerful mixture of seasonings.

It's a fucking screen caption contest.

jared Jul 23rd, 2007 12:40 PM

This screen caption contest, Herr Gus, is a microcosm of our contemporary Occidental society. Can't you see that brow and intelligence have all been lowered before the onslaught of Squarebob Spongepants and his ilk? You can see it in NorthBendson's wretched attempt at an entry. Put down your Stephen King, pick up your Samuel Beckett, and caption something decent, folks. In an age where John Cleese walks among us, insufficiently nuanced humor ought to be demolished at the source.

Schimid Jul 23rd, 2007 12:42 PM

Jared is a whiny faggot.

Ygg's was great.

jared Jul 28th, 2007 01:54 PM

Oh yes? Well, in all seriousness, now, Yggdrasil's is quite good for creativity. However, I think Obscura Lupa's is better yet; it's the funniest; there's actually some rationality behind it. In third place, I would put GrislyGus. My own entries fourth. Everything else follows. The one with the octopus doesn't even contain enough screenshots.