I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Expendables - Best Film Ever? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69702417)

MetalMilitia Jun 9th, 2009 07:33 PM

The Expendables - Best Film Ever?

I though this was a joke when I first heard about it but check the cast out on this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1320253/

Stallone? Check! Lundgren? Check! Li? Check! Schwarzenegger?.. surprisingly - check!

And that's just for starters. I'm envisaging a cross between Rambo, Universal Solder and Commando but even better and with a bunch of actors that are becoming far too old to be convincing in action films.

:love

captain516 Jun 9th, 2009 07:45 PM

This will be the manliest movie ever.

MetalMilitia Jun 9th, 2009 08:18 PM

Well - It's common knowledge the manliest move ever was the one Guitar Woman made with her web-cam in which she mimed MCR's The Black Parade in its entirety, pausing only to weep into a silk handkerchief. But yeah I guess this could easily run a close second.

Sam Jun 9th, 2009 08:20 PM

:lol Stone Cold Steve Austin

Sam Jun 9th, 2009 08:22 PM

This will be the best movie ever, holy crap on a hat.

Tadao Jun 9th, 2009 08:26 PM

This shit is gonna be historic no matter what the result is.

MetalMilitia Jun 9th, 2009 08:34 PM

I hope someone tries to punch Stallone but he catches their fist in mid-air and crushes it like a overly ripe apple, then Jet Li flies in from stage left and bicycle-kicks the guy though a plate glass window into an industrial meat-smashing machine. Meanwhile Arnie and Lundgren shoot the building with a machine-gun until it explodes.

Sam Jun 9th, 2009 08:37 PM

MEANWHILE, STEVE AUSTIN GIVES SOMEONE THE STONE COLD STUNNER.

Tadao Jun 9th, 2009 08:38 PM

I'm so happy CHuck Norris isn't invited. What a fag. :lol

MetalMilitia Jun 9th, 2009 08:42 PM

They should get rid of Jason Statham and put in Steven Seagal in his place.

Sam Jun 9th, 2009 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Casting

Jean-Claude Van Damme was personally offered a role by Stallone, but turned it down.[3] This reportedly led to Dolph Lundgren being cast instead. The role accepted by Forest Whitaker was originally conceived as a role for Wesley Snipes but later rewritten for Whitaker.[4] Due to a scheduling conflict prior to filming, Forest Whitaker was replaced by Curtis Jackson (aka 50 Cent) for the role of Hale Caesar,[5] who was then in turn replaced by former NFL player Terry Crews. [6]
Stallone wanted Sandra Bullock to play the role of Agent Diane Lickson yet Bullock's schedule did not work with the film, and she could not participate. [7]
Ben Kingsley was offered the role of Monroe before Eric Roberts was cast. The role may be combined with that of Agent Will Sands. [8]
The role of the man who hires the Expendables, Mr. Church, has been very difficult to cast. Initially offered to Schwarzenegger, he declined in favor of a smaller cameo in respects to his political career.[9] The role was then offered to Kurt Russell whose agent replied that he was not interested in "Ensemble acting at the moment." [10] Currently, Stallone is looking to find a big action name to cameo as Mr. Church with rumors suggesting that the role has been offered to friend and fellow former Planet Hollywood co-owner Bruce Willis, although he is apparently tied to the filming of A Couple of Dicks. On May 29, 2009, the script under went a few re-writes which ultimately excluded Brittany Murphy's character. Steven Seagal was also asked to play a cameo role, but turned down the offer due to negative connections with the producer Avi Lerner.[11]

That is a lot of names thrown around. :(

Dr. Boogie Jun 9th, 2009 11:05 PM

lol at "Hale Caesar."

Sam Jun 10th, 2009 01:03 AM

The more I think about this it seems like it isn't real. :(

Fathom Zero Jun 10th, 2009 01:54 AM

Fitty is in it? Oh shit.

MetalMilitia Jun 10th, 2009 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 632449)
The more I think about this it seems like it isn't real. :(

Woah who invited the party pooper?

Take your party pooping elsewhere, Sam.

Meanwhile, Stallone is already filming this shit or at least thinking about filming it, or at the very least thinking about writing a script.

RaNkeri Jun 10th, 2009 09:49 AM

This is my childhood dream come true :eek
Too bad Arnie is only going to have a cameo, I've been dreaming of Sly and Arnie starrin in the same action flick since I was like 8.

EDIT: They should offer Clint Eastwood a role, that'd be awesome.

DevilWearsPrada Jun 11th, 2009 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 632475)
Fitty is in it? Oh shit.

No, he obviously got replaced by Terry Crews. Says it right there in that UncycloWikipedia page.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 11th, 2009 11:25 AM

awwww. I thought I read the "BOZ" was going to be in this too but I don't see him listed anymore.

Guitar Woman Jun 11th, 2009 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 632234)
Well - It's common knowledge the manliest move ever was the one Guitar Woman made with her web-cam in which she mimed MCR's The Black Parade in its entirety, pausing only to weep into a silk handkerchief. But yeah I guess this could easily run a close second.

Sam Jun 11th, 2009 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 632496)
Woah who invited the party pooper?

Take your party pooping elsewhere, Sam.

Meanwhile, Stallone is already filming this shit or at least thinking about filming it, or at the very least thinking about writing a script.

I AM NOT POOPING ON ANY PARTIES, I AM JUST IN A CONSTANT STATE OF DISBELIEF. :(

darkvare Jun 12th, 2009 01:36 AM

holy shit balls!!!! i hope is as bloody as the new rambo

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 13th, 2009 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DOLPH LUNDGREN
and it's an old-school, kick-ass action movie where people are fighting with knives and shooting at each other.

:lol