I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Steam Groups (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698554)

Chojin Dec 29th, 2007 11:27 PM

Steam Groups

Do we have enough people with Steam on here to start a Steam group?

So we can run mad deep?

Guitar Woman Dec 29th, 2007 11:31 PM

Steam is utterly retarded and I never use it because it's like a laggy torrent client that costs money and takes up a retarded amount of disc space and is necessary to run Half Life 2, which my computer can't handle very well anyway.

That said, I'll join if other people will! My account is ProfessorSaucy!

Chojin Dec 29th, 2007 11:40 PM

What the hell are you on?

The fastest downloads I've ever had on the internet have been from Steam.
My Steam folder is 8.84 gigs, 8.80+ of which are games.
It uses about 10 megs of system memory.

And it has all the capabilities of Live - including achievements - and I can download the games I've bought any time I want without having to back it up to one of my 9 million discs and lose it promptly thereafter.

And they just knocked the price of the Orange Box down to $37.

I will add you, I'm Mr. Payback (mrpayback).

Guitar Woman Dec 29th, 2007 11:49 PM

I am on a RAGE

I think I've used Steam one time since I installed it, and I didn't like it one bit!

THIS MAY CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE BUT I HIGHLY DOUBT IT

Guitar Woman Dec 30th, 2007 12:06 AM

SO FAR THE ONLY THING I AM CONVINCED OF IS HOW I CAN ADD GAMES TO MY STEAM LIST AND IT CAN PLAY THEM FROM THERE INSTEAD OF CLICKING THE SHORTCUT

REAL USEFUL, I TELL YA

Chojin Dec 30th, 2007 01:00 AM

you're supposed to buy games from steam, you nitwit

Chojin Dec 30th, 2007 01:01 AM

also since schimid wanted to see if his computer could run the orange box, I just changed my password and now he can log on as me from his computer, download the orange box, and run all the games from there!

executioneer Dec 30th, 2007 01:01 AM

what's the advantage of having a steam group anyways

Chojin Dec 30th, 2007 01:02 AM

I have no idea.

But also you can run multiple steam accounts at the same time (in single player anyway) so you and your buddies can share all the games you buy as long as you don't play multi ;o

Guitar Woman Dec 30th, 2007 01:15 AM

Quote:

I have no idea.
lol :<

It's PRETTY SWEET how they have all their games at ridiculous price cuts for the holidays, but I don't see anything I want that I don't already have :<

Is SiN any good

Also, why the fuck is Peggle Extreme 50 dollars

Chojin Dec 30th, 2007 01:21 AM

Sin episodes is pretty good, yeah.

MLE Dec 30th, 2007 01:21 AM

Because it's extreme.

Cfr5 Dec 30th, 2007 02:26 AM

Chojin, do you have Garry's Mod?

Chojin Dec 30th, 2007 02:29 AM

i do not!

But so far I dislike half life 2 for the same reasons I dislike bioshock ;<

which is because it sucks

Guitar Woman Dec 30th, 2007 02:38 AM

Ok, now you're just being silly.

Mobility is still slippery like in HL1 and the AI is stupid, but it's not a bad game by any feasible standards.

IF YOU ARE UNSATISFIED CONSIDER TURNING THE GRAVITY DOWN TO ENABLE LOCOMOTION JUMPING

Guitar Woman Dec 30th, 2007 04:19 AM

Ok, Steam is actually kind of cool in how I can put it on a ridiculoulsy superior computer (my mom's :() and use it to download and play all my games from there, as opposed to on my own machine in 640x480 LAG-O-VISION with all HL2's pretty visual effects turned off.

IT MIGHT BE 7 FUCKING HOURS BEFORE THAT HAPPENS BUT YOU KNOW

MetalMilitia Dec 30th, 2007 08:35 AM

Ok so if guitar woman is ready to shut up now...

Has anyone set up a group?

I just downloaded the new version of Zombie Panic Source yesterday. It's really fun despite the somewhat sluggish survivor movement.

Should be a good stop-gap until Left for Dead is released.

MetalMilitia Dec 30th, 2007 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Code-Wheel Jones (Post 516948)
what's the advantage of having a steam group anyways

It just lets you see what games the people in your group are playing, chat and also allows you to schedule events and all that good stuff.

Chojin Dec 30th, 2007 11:27 AM

I couldn't figure out how to make a group. It says 'Create and view groups here!' and then you can only view groups on the link you click. So feel free to make the group, Metal.

And actually more accurately my problems with HL2 are the problems I have with HL, which is that most of the levels just feel like filler and there's tons of awkward platforming to be done. We called Half-Life 1 "Chutes and ladders" back when my CREW was still in the state and this game really isn't any different. The gravity gun is really nothing special so I don't understand why everyone was creaming their jeans over it. The weapons feel the same way they did in HL1 which is to say that all of them except for the 6-shooter feel dinky and have ridiculous sound effects. I also seem to spend my time in the game perpetually at 5 health, which again, was the same case in HL1. And the graphics aren't great and the environments are the most drab and boring things ever. And they still haven't really explained what the fuck is going on and how it relates in any way to HL1 after I played the game for 3-4 hours.

I did like driving the little boat around, and felt that for as fun as that was they had juuuust enough milking of that feature going on to not make me sick of it. Then I went into ravenclaw or siltherin or whatever where all the zombies are and got back into the game's 53rd standard rooftop ledge jumping puzzle and got too bored to continue.

Portal is great, though! And TF2 is a lot of fun.

MetalMilitia Dec 30th, 2007 12:06 PM

Here is the URL for the group:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/iMock

It's by invite only at the moment, do we want it public?

I'll add you as an admin when you join Chojin.

MetalMilitia Dec 30th, 2007 12:16 PM

Guitar woman, no player name of "ProfessorSaucy" exists.

Chojin, I've sent you an invite.

Chojin Dec 30th, 2007 12:26 PM

I'd say keep it private for now; If we can't get enough people from the forums to join then we can open it up :o

Chojin Dec 30th, 2007 12:27 PM

It says I have no pending invites?

Also GW's tag does work, I have him added

MetalMilitia Dec 30th, 2007 01:02 PM

nvrmind,

I've invited you both.

Chojin, I don't think I can make you an admin, but I've promoted you to officer and given officers admin privileges so it shouldn't make much difference.

Chojin Dec 30th, 2007 01:56 PM

Playing a bit more HL2 today, I finally started having fun when I got bumrushed in ravenholm and foudn a big whirly propeller that had broken off a machine, then I took the gravity gun and sent it whirling through twelve or so bad guys.

And then I got pissed again when I tried no less than 6 times to jump onto a roof, only I couldn't because I had to run on a decline and you bounce when you do that and can't jump for some reason and I don't know it was gay ;<