I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Boondock Saints 2: All Saints Day (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69703735)

Pentegarn Dec 4th, 2009 10:50 PM

Boondock Saints 2: All Saints Day

I just saw it and I freaking loved it!

If you enjoyed the first one, and if it is playing in your city, this is a must see.

While the woman who played the new FBI agent (Julie Benz) is no Willem Dafoe, she did a good job and was a fun and interesting character.

I wasn't as thrilled with the Romeo character. I didn't dislike him, but as a character meant to replace Rocco, he just couldn't measure up. He was good, but not great.

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 5th, 2009 02:41 PM

Is the story pretty cohesible with the first one? Do you need to see the first one to enjoy the 2nd?(Not sure if my g/f has seen the first one)

Pentegarn Dec 5th, 2009 02:51 PM

You kind of do because there are a lot of references to the first movie. Like the three Boston detectives are all worried they will get in trouble for how the first movie ended for example. Or how Julie Benz's character knows Agent Smeckler.

Kitsa Mar 29th, 2010 10:22 PM

Visually the Romeo guy reminded me of Tadao for some reason. I kept mentally referencing Tadao.

The FBI agent's accent I found annoying as hell but then again, I always hate when people put on accents for a role and it was probably just extra-distracting to me for some reason.

I also didn't like that they had to go back to the same formula (wacky, dimwitted different-ethnicity sidekick, for example). I would have liked to see more backstory on the dad.

Mainly, though, we were all, "Ricky! Hey, it's Ricky! That's Ricky!"

Tadao Mar 29th, 2010 10:46 PM

I've never seen either the first nor the second.

Pentegarn Mar 30th, 2010 05:31 PM

At least see the first, it grows hair on your chest I hear told

Tadao Mar 30th, 2010 06:01 PM

Isn't it just a bunch of drunk Irishmen with guns being all Catholic? I see that every March 17th.

Pentegarn Mar 30th, 2010 06:05 PM

Exactly!

Kitsa Mar 30th, 2010 06:16 PM

See the first one. It's magnificent. I still don't know how I feel about the second.

Although, both of them make me think I'm watching someone play GTA: Boston, for some reason.

Pentegarn Mar 30th, 2010 06:21 PM

It gets better after repeated viewings Kitsa

Tadao Mar 31st, 2010 11:29 PM

Watched em both today. First won was good, the 2nd just didn't do it for me.

Pentegarn Mar 31st, 2010 11:47 PM

I enjoyed the 2nd one, but I don't think it is for everyone, it is more of a send up of the first. Though I find it got better after I saw it a couple times.

Tadao Mar 31st, 2010 11:50 PM

If I hadn't of watched the first one for the first time just hours before it, I may have been left wanting more and accepted the cheesier part 2. Waaaaay too much schtick in the 2nd.

Pentegarn Mar 31st, 2010 11:52 PM

I was actually thinking watching them back to back like that might be detrimental to the enjoyment of the 2nd one. There was a lot of schtick in the 2nd one like you said though, I know some people were put off by that

Grislygus Apr 1st, 2010 12:40 AM

TADAO you're the other documentary geek around these parts; while we're on the subject of the Boondock Saints, you should watch Overnight

Tadao Apr 1st, 2010 12:45 AM

"A documentary on the rise and stumble of Troy Duffy, the bartender-cum-filmmaker who was swept up by Miramax's Harvey Weinstein to turn his script for The Boondock Saints into a feature film."

It'll have to get that some time, I'm almost out of time and back at the GF's.

Pentegarn Apr 1st, 2010 10:20 AM

Like any other documentary of that vein (like King of Kong for example) it only tells one side of the story. There are articles about how it went beyond 'creative editing' to cast Duffy in a bad light.

After all, if he were the asshole he were portrayed as in Overnight, why would the entire cast gleefully return to make a sequel with such a small budget?

Tadao Apr 1st, 2010 12:20 PM

Because that whole cast hasn't worked in ages?

Grislygus Apr 1st, 2010 01:19 PM

This movie was made by two of the guys that Duffy hilariously SHRIEKS at in the footage itself, what kind of moron would be expecting it to be unbiased?

Tadao Apr 1st, 2010 01:57 PM

I haven't seen an unbiased documentary since forever. IF EVER.

Grislygus Apr 1st, 2010 02:21 PM

Lake of Fire is the only one I can think of

Kitsa Apr 1st, 2010 10:13 PM

Still, am I the only one who thought that both of these films were like watching a GTA-style video game? Specifically GTA IV.

Tadao Apr 2nd, 2010 01:29 PM

I've never actually played GTA. It always kinda seemed dumb to me. :(

Ant10708 Apr 4th, 2010 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 679367)
I've never actually played GTA. It always kinda seemed dumb to me. :(

That was the most useless two sentences of the year so far.

MarioRPG Apr 4th, 2010 09:38 AM

I hear that documentary about the director or whatever is hilarious if you hate the movie.