I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Weekly Game Review: Lost Planet: Extreme Conditions (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69699185)

MockBot Mar 6th, 2008 04:51 PM

Weekly Game Review: Lost Planet: Extreme Conditions

Automatically generated comment thread for Weekly Game Review: Lost Planet: Extreme Conditions.

fluffkomix Mar 6th, 2008 06:59 PM

ya i played and i liked this game

JJ the Jetplane Mar 6th, 2008 08:14 PM

I don't have a 360...:(

JJ the Jetplane Mar 6th, 2008 08:14 PM

I don't have a 360...:(

Magic Flyin' Lemur Mar 6th, 2008 09:45 PM

I rented this, but after about 15 minutes I gave up trying to enjoy it. Very meh.

JJ: Yeah, I have one and they're really not worth it. Two or three good games don't really justify the price tag.

Dr. Boogie Mar 7th, 2008 12:04 AM

What's not to like, aprt from the story?

Magic Flyin' Lemur Mar 7th, 2008 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 536806)
What's not to like, aprt from the story?

I dunno, I just didn't dig on it. I'm one of those people that can't really get into recent games with a weak story, though. Hell, I'm the sort of person that bitched about Gears of War for having not enough exposition. A strong narrative is extremely important to my enjoyment of a modern (I.E., PS2-generation onward) game. So basically, I couldn't get into it because of the story.

Relaxing Dragon Mar 7th, 2008 01:47 AM

Your review said waht I've heard from friends about this game; pretty good, but not really outstanding or anything like that. And at this point, how many games I get is getting pretty limited (stupid concept of money); thus, I need to be very selective in my purchases, and I don't see this one making the cut. But a friend of mine's got it, maybe I'll borrow it for a bit (I do love games with alien baddies munchin' on people, and the snow enviorments seem like a nice touch).

On a side note, Dead Rising was excellent beyond all known measure. You should review that one at some point.

Dr. Boogie Mar 7th, 2008 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magic Flyin' Lemur (Post 536832)
I dunno, I just didn't dig on it. I'm one of those people that can't really get into recent games with a weak story, though. Hell, I'm the sort of person that bitched about Gears of War for having not enough exposition. A strong narrative is extremely important to my enjoyment of a modern (I.E., PS2-generation onward) game. So basically, I couldn't get into it because of the story.

Ah. So I take it you didn't like Dead Rising because of its cheesy story.

Nick Mar 8th, 2008 12:02 AM

I can't wait for the Dead Rising sequel.

Fluke Mar 8th, 2008 10:18 AM

I loved it, it plays really well. Far too short for me though, by the time it ended I was like. :D.... Wait, it's over!?