I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Protocomics #18: "Can I Borrow Some Sugar?" (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700509)

MockBot Sep 4th, 2008 01:55 AM

Protocomics #18: "Can I Borrow Some Sugar?"

Automatically generated comment thread for Protocomics #18: "Can I Borrow Some Sugar?".

Relaxing Dragon Sep 4th, 2008 02:19 AM

Hah! Loved this one, it was completely hilarious. Especially love the bit when Dick Rider (hehe) comes upon Spiderman eating his wife, and Spiderman offers his explanation.

On a side note about the comic, while I enjoyed it, clearly the best Marvel Zombies was the one where they fought Ash from The Evil Dead. Clearly.

Dungeonbrownies Sep 4th, 2008 02:24 AM

pretty good

OxBlood Sep 4th, 2008 02:47 AM

Like that. I maybe should read these Marvel Zombie-Comics sometime...Zombies + Marvel seems to be a nice thing...not as good as Ninjazombies or even Piratezombies, but still nice.

Pentegarn Sep 4th, 2008 05:26 AM

And the best part is, we all learned a valuable lesson about togetherness

greenimp Sep 4th, 2008 06:39 AM

haha, nice one mate

Mystik Tomato Sep 4th, 2008 08:37 AM

Well, even though Dick Rider was something of a tremendous fuck-up, he was going to give back some sugar to Spider-Man.

And I respect that in a guy.

Commanderraf Sep 4th, 2008 09:59 AM

"Because no ammount of Mr. Clean can get this stains off of my soul!"

Almost chocked while reading this.

Besides, Dick Rider... Really?

-Commanderraf

darkvare Sep 4th, 2008 10:32 AM

damn it i need to get ready for the zombocalypse and wear bite proof clothing unlike daredevil

Julio Sep 4th, 2008 11:05 AM

What's with Spidey's broken-glass-like mask?

Colonel Flagg Sep 4th, 2008 11:12 AM

I think a Marv Albert reference would have been appropriate. :lol

Hysterical as always, Proto - keep up the good work on questionable comics.

mburbank Sep 4th, 2008 12:02 PM

Damn, that made me laugh. Especially "I just drunk everything in the medicine cabinet" and "Maybe he'll make you some rice"

the Platinum Poppy Sep 4th, 2008 12:12 PM

Silver, I guess the artist was inspired by the movies, where he's got mirror glasses in the mask... which btw is a pretty clever way to do the spidey mask I think, how else is he gonna see without showing his eyes?
But the best thing was the name Dick Rider...

RadioNinja Sep 4th, 2008 04:17 PM

Quote:

the Platinum Poppy
Forum Virgin
Sep 4th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Silver, I guess the artist was inspired by the movies, where he's got mirror glasses in the mask... which btw is a pretty clever way to do the spidey mask I think, how else is he gonna see without showing his eyes?
But the best thing was the name Dick Rider...
I think the mask in the comics has lenses as well...it probably depends on who you ask. My favorite suspension-of-disbelief is how Spidey's mask can change the shape of the eyes to fit his expression. (Also, Batman, Green Lantern, Wolverine, Daredevil, etc...)

Julio Sep 4th, 2008 05:20 PM

Well I'll be damned... And ignorant. I have always believed that those eyes on the mask were a simple white thread or another flexible material, not glass...

And yes, RadioNinja, I find it funny too as how some masks change their eyes to fit the wearer's expression.

mburbank Sep 4th, 2008 05:38 PM

The mirror eye glass thing was a Stan Lee (or maaybe Steve Ditko) idea waaaaaaay back. I recall as a child seeing it in some back of the book extra feature about how spideys stuff worked.

Darren Spooner Sep 4th, 2008 07:37 PM

Best part: Dick Rider. You have to wonder whether that's deliberate or not...
Best part 2: "Don't you fucking judge me!" Because it's just a totally believable line. And that's hilarious.

Beardy Goodness Sep 4th, 2008 10:52 PM

As for the whole "mask expression" thing, even more hard to believe is how iron man's helmet can frown.

MXL5 Sep 4th, 2008 10:58 PM

For some reason, I googled dick rider after reading this.

Purple Man Sep 4th, 2008 11:06 PM

This has gotta be the only good thing to come out of this whole Marvel Zombies business.

Note how zombie Luke Cage got his whole disco outfit on? WTF's up with that?

Cruxader Sep 4th, 2008 11:11 PM

Read the original of this the other day at Borders (Proto's version is MUCH better), I was a bit... disturbed. All I have to say is those guys over at Marvel need to set crack pipe down. Or, maybe, pick it back up as it may have fueled there creative genius before this drivel.

Nick Sep 5th, 2008 02:50 AM

Marvel Zombies is what happens when you let a good zombie writer loose on the Marvel Universe.

MrWarranty Sep 5th, 2008 10:38 AM

Absolutely hysterical. Now I need to go and read the other Protocomics.

HowardC Sep 5th, 2008 11:50 AM

Notice how MJ conveniently tears spiderman's mask at the last second, allowing him to eat her? Seriously, ever tried to eat a ham sandwich through a spandex mask? It's pretty tough. For that matter tearing a spandex mask is pretty tough as well... I call b.s. spiderman would have to remove his mask first!

For that matter, how come getting bit by a zombie in the marvel universe gives you a magical gum-less face with razor sharp teeth in a matter of hours?

TuxKamen Sep 5th, 2008 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HowardC (Post 577883)
Notice how MJ conveniently tears spiderman's mask at the last second, allowing him to eat her? Seriously, ever tried to eat a ham sandwich through a spandex mask? It's pretty tough. For that matter tearing a spandex mask is pretty tough as well... I call b.s. spiderman would have to remove his mask first!

For that matter, how come getting bit by a zombie in the marvel universe gives you a magical gum-less face with razor sharp teeth in a matter of hours?

I wondered that about the dental situation. Maybe in Spidey's case, he was chewing on his lips to stave off hunger but it didn't work?

Captain Awesome Sep 5th, 2008 07:34 PM

This is hilarious, great job Proto.

Chuggernaught Sep 6th, 2008 05:23 PM

"It's Dick Rider, man."
That is truly inspired.

neoboman Sep 7th, 2008 03:02 PM

"Help me, you idiot!" God I hope you do a sequel or six to this one.

copacetic Sep 8th, 2008 03:42 PM

"FUCK THE SUGAR!"

Snarfed my water. Thank ye.

g_tonttu Sep 27th, 2008 02:30 AM

"Thursday night is sex night! Thursday"
-Brilliant proto! My stomach hurts of all the laughter.

Preacher Mar 14th, 2009 12:12 AM

just think of how uber-stoked every cos play and LARPER fan out there would be if a zombie apocalypse actually occurred.

oh, and damn straight Cap's not a fag.

gimmeXpain May 5th, 2009 07:33 PM

"Don't you fucking judge me!"
Wonderful!