I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   I-Mockery Pays A Visit To The Rose Bowl Flea Market (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69701883)

MockBot Mar 19th, 2009 04:34 AM

I-Mockery Pays A Visit To The Rose Bowl Flea Market

Automatically generated comment thread for I-Mockery Pays A Visit To The Rose Bowl Flea Market.

hisholiness Mar 19th, 2009 05:13 AM

I think that character on the tip of your tongue is called Captain Crook. He is/was part of the McDonald's cast of characters. I hope that helps. I wonder if they have mega yard sales on the west coast, if they do i'm sure you'll find one and visit it. Thanks for the laughs.

executioneer Mar 19th, 2009 05:35 AM

those aren't intellivision games those are atari 2600 games >: unless the intellivision games are on the bottom, i couldn't tell what the bottom ones were

Hurude Mar 19th, 2009 06:39 AM

some months ago i was looking through some of my old toys in my mum and dads loft and i found a metal gorilla, i knew it was from some tv show but i couldnt rememebr where. thank you for reminding me all about the bionic six my mum will be happy it has a name F.L.U.F.F.I.

Doctor_Who Mar 19th, 2009 08:05 AM

This place is awesome! I must have spotted a hundred things I want among those pictures. If I ever get out to California I going there with $1000 and a large wheelbarrow.

OxBlood Mar 19th, 2009 08:06 AM

Congrats for the lamp. Actually looks REALLY stylish :)

Pentegarn Mar 19th, 2009 10:34 AM

So there were 2 Evil Knievel lunch boxes there at least (from the pictures you showed us anyway) I thought those things were supposed to be rare now?

ionsuperpower Mar 19th, 2009 01:38 PM

in the uk we have carboot sales but no hiter stand ps cool jason lamp

rizzo Mar 19th, 2009 01:42 PM

Wow I used to have that Super Powers Batmobile...wonder where that got too...

Also; I want that metal Silver Surfer sign, now!

Mockery Mar 19th, 2009 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hisholiness (Post 619981)
I think that character on the tip of your tongue is called Captain Crook. He is/was part of the McDonald's cast of characters. I hope that helps. I wonder if they have mega yard sales on the west coast, if they do i'm sure you'll find one and visit it. Thanks for the laughs.

Captain Crook! That's it... thanks for clearing that one up for me, it was driving me crazy haha. And yeah, I haven't seen any mega yard sales out here yet, but if I catch word of 'em, you know I'll be going. Honestly though, this gargantuan flea market was way better than those mega yard sales could ever hope to be, so I'll keep going to it on a monthly basis most likely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 619985)
those aren't intellivision games those are atari 2600 games unless the intellivision games are on the bottom

Yeah, I looked through 'em all and they were almost all Intellivision games in that pile. I would've bought some, but I already have loose copies of those ones and I bought a boxed copy of "Truckin'" not too long ago. Can't go wrong with a title like Truckin'. That just screams *action-packed!*

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 620008)
So there were 2 Evil Knievel lunch boxes there at least (from the pictures you showed us anyway) I thought those things were supposed to be rare now?

Beats me... I'm not up to speed on what lunchboxes are extremely rare, but I'd honestly be surprised if Evil Knievel ones were since he was so popular back in the day. Every kid had an Evil Knievel motorcycle stunt toy and probably the lunchbox to go along with it.

MasterV Mar 19th, 2009 02:42 PM

I'm going to have to hit one of the flea markets around here now. Never know what you'll find

Julio Mar 19th, 2009 03:41 PM

I'll stick with a Tiki God mask.

Tadao Mar 19th, 2009 04:34 PM

I loved the little people airport set. It was my favorite to chew on.

stevetothepast Mar 19th, 2009 05:36 PM

thanks for all the pics Rog it was pretty entertaining to see all the old toys and lunchboxes etc.

vermiknid Mar 19th, 2009 05:39 PM

The Rose Bowl is awesome and huge, but you might also want to try the flea market at the Pasadena City College which is the first Sunday of the month. A lot of the same vendors go to both, but the PCC one is FREE! So, if you want to save 8 smackers per person and forgo the two dollar bills, I'd go there instead. If you're really hooked, the third Sunday of the month you can find more great goodies at the Long Beach Veterans Memorial Stadium. That one is 5 bucks. Happy fleas!

MeowMixMaster Mar 19th, 2009 07:17 PM

That one painting you saw with the nude woman and the centaur looks to be work done by Boris Vajello. I have a calendar that has his work on display. He does a lot of fantasy art like that. I dont care how much that one painting was, I'd still get it.

MS-DOS4 Mar 19th, 2009 07:53 PM

Man, some day I need to hit up a flea market. I saw so much stuff in these pictures that I would have loved to get my hands on.

Mental Pooperscooper Mar 19th, 2009 08:34 PM

Judging from the ominous red glow of that lamp, I think you might just get some good ol' fashion mutation from that lamp-
Faster than a computer, deadlier than a lazer, its Pickleman!!!!
awesome.

captain516 Mar 19th, 2009 08:56 PM

I had an orgasm from seeing all that Batman merchandise.

robo_rob Mar 19th, 2009 11:09 PM

That Trypticon looked like it was in pretty decent shape. Not to mention the Friday the 13th lamp makes me jealous.

Babs Mar 19th, 2009 11:45 PM

I really want that lamp RoG. I will give you $200, PLEASE I MUST HAVE IT NO LYING PLEEEEEAASSSEEEEE

JoeyJoJoJr Mar 19th, 2009 11:49 PM

Congrats on your find, I always love the feeling you get when you discover something rare like that.

Tetsu Deinonychus Mar 20th, 2009 12:32 AM

I live a couple houses away fr9om an antique store that sells all kinds of stuff like that.

They even have Pillsbury Doughboys, and the Charlie's Angels board game for sale there.

Johnny Lee Lemming Mar 20th, 2009 01:14 AM

Such an excellent feature. Thanks Rog!
Even if the lamp doesn't look like any movie mask, it's definitely looking good.

DrewP Mar 20th, 2009 01:52 AM

I just noticed something. Those Panther Tables are the same as that Panther statue from the Melrose Trading Post on page 1. Except at Melrose they didn't have any glass tops. Also every Flea Market I have been too has had Madballs almost every where I nearly have a complete collection and am only missing a few of the "Bad guys" from the carton (yet they were good in the comic)