I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   So kulturkampf... (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19836)

The One and Only... Jan 22nd, 2006 10:47 PM

So kulturkampf...

Ever hear of critical theory? How about heteronormativity?

Kulturkampf Jan 23rd, 2006 04:43 AM

Re: So kulturkampf...

Quote:

Originally Posted by The One and Only...
Ever hear of critical theory? How about heteronormativity?

I would be lying if I said I did.

Trying to regain some ego over the deconstructionist bit?

It is okay, I am sure you are smarter than me, so go ahead and make your point.

mburbank Jan 23rd, 2006 09:26 AM

OH MY GOD, LOCK THIS THREAD BEFORE IT HAS BABIES!!!

AChimp Jan 23rd, 2006 09:41 AM

DONE :(

KevinTheOmnivore Jan 23rd, 2006 09:58 AM

UNDONE, BITCH! >: :fu

mburbank Jan 23rd, 2006 10:18 AM

I was kidding. I'm never in favor of cencorship. If this thread has babies we can always hit them with a hammer right as they come out.

Emu Jan 23rd, 2006 10:21 AM

I think these babies will require more than a hammer. I have a few wooden stakes.

AChimp Jan 23rd, 2006 11:02 AM

SORRY I PANICKED. :(

Cosmo Electrolux Jan 23rd, 2006 12:32 PM

OAO is probably going to try to blow him anyway...or is he not bisexual anymore?....I've lost track.

ScruU2wice Jan 23rd, 2006 06:02 PM

seriously OAO vs. KKKlap was going to be awesome :(

The One and Only... Jan 23rd, 2006 08:56 PM

Re: So kulturkampf...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kulturkampf
I would be lying if I said I did.

K.

Quote:

Trying to regain some ego over the deconstructionist bit?
I have ego I need to regain?

Quote:

It is okay, I am sure you are smarter than me, so go ahead and make your point.
My point is that you need to STFU you incredible N3WB. >:

Seriously, why do you refuse to accept sexuality as at least partially socially constructed?

ziggytrix Jan 23rd, 2006 09:20 PM

Genesis 5:2

Immortal Goat Jan 24th, 2006 12:01 AM

Goddammit, OAO, NEVER FUCKING MAKE ME AGREE WITH YOU AGAIN! >:

On a serious note, if even OAO is making valid points where KummedinKilt can't, then we, my friends, have found ourselves a real keeper. Let's NEVER let him leave, like Vinth did.

Kulturkampf Jan 24th, 2006 03:48 AM

I would point to societies, such as the Greeks, where even a degree of homosexuality was practiced or such as the Afghans, who though practiced pedastery (sp?), never thought it acceptable that their homosexuality would be an attraction to other adult men.

Even in societies that had no gender construct that would inherently pressure someone to be a heterosexual and even where havign sex with boys was acceptable, it eventually was viewed that a literal practice of homosexuality between two men acting as grown-up lovers was taboo.

Basically, in every society except a few where fucking young boys was cool, homosexuality has been viewed as not an acceptable way of life. It is not a natural form to the human.

Chojin Jan 24th, 2006 07:38 AM

Quote:

I would point to societies, such as the Greeks, where even a degree of homosexuality was practiced or such as the Afghans, who though practiced pedastery (sp?), never thought it acceptable that their homosexuality would be an attraction to other adult men.

...what?

ziggytrix Jan 24th, 2006 10:57 AM

translation:

Adult male to young male homosexuality is a wonderful part of human nature, but adult male to adult male homosexuality is an abomination before God or Nature.

I'm flabbergasted!

mburbank Jan 24th, 2006 11:55 AM

I'm sorry, I can't understand a word he said. Seriously. I THINK he's saying that adult homosexuality has always been taboo in every society and that this inherently means it's unnatural, but damn, it takes a lot of translation and leaps of Lingual faith to get to that meaning.

KittyKrap, if that's what you meant, how do you draw your conclusion, that universal Taboos are neccesarily unnatural? And what do you mean by universal? Because my guess is homos throghout history haven't embraced a taboo against their actions. So if 75% of folks always felt it was wrong, then it is? Or would 70% turn opinion into fact? What about 51%? What's your magic number fo0r making opinion fact?

Or am I totally wrong about what you were saying and what you really meant is your attrcated to pre-pubescent boys and you feel bad about it. 'Cause that seemed to be in there too.

kahljorn Jan 24th, 2006 12:59 PM

He's saying it's okay to be a Pedophile.

Emu Jan 24th, 2006 01:02 PM

Quote:

I would point to societies, such as the Greeks, where even a degree of homosexuality was practiced ... never thought it acceptable that their homosexuality would be an attraction to other adult men.

Now it makes sense. Sorta.

Since when?

Edit: Also:

No entry found for pedastery.
Did you mean Poetastry?

Suggestions:
Poetastry
pedantry
plastery
pastry
poetaster
poetasters
poetaster's
poetasters'
lead story
pieds-a-terre
pieds-Ã -terre

Poetastry

\Po"et*as`try\, n. The works of a poetaster. [R.]

:lol

The One and Only... Jan 24th, 2006 04:28 PM

Quote:

Even in societies that had no gender construct that would inherently pressure someone to be a heterosexual and even where havign sex with boys was acceptable, it eventually was viewed that a literal practice of homosexuality between two men acting as grown-up lovers was taboo.

Basically, in every society except a few where fucking young boys was cool, homosexuality has been viewed as not an acceptable way of life. It is not a natural form to the human.

So what? How it was viewed has absolutely nothing to do with it being natural.

mburbank Jan 24th, 2006 04:33 PM

CAT FIGHT!!!

Kulturkampf Jan 24th, 2006 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mburbank
I'm sorry, I can't understand a word he said. Seriously. I THINK he's saying that adult homosexuality has always been taboo in every society and that this inherently means it's unnatural, but damn, it takes a lot of translation and leaps of Lingual faith to get to that meaning.

KittyKrap, if that's what you meant, how do you draw your conclusion, that universal Taboos are neccesarily unnatural? And what do you mean by universal? Because my guess is homos throghout history haven't embraced a taboo against their actions. So if 75% of folks always felt it was wrong, then it is? Or would 70% turn opinion into fact? What about 51%? What's your magic number fo0r making opinion fact?

Or am I totally wrong about what you were saying and what you really meant is your attrcated to pre-pubescent boys and you feel bad about it. 'Cause that seemed to be in there too.

The amount of people who are homosexuals in that sense have always been extremely few; very few people actually practice man-to-man love, so to speak, and so it is a deviation in sexual desire (which of course means nothing to a relativist).

ScruU2wice Jan 24th, 2006 05:37 PM

Quote:

very few people actually practice man-to-man love,

LOL :(

Chojin Jan 24th, 2006 08:46 PM

Kulturkampf Jan 25th, 2006 06:30 AM

Pedantry, I believe.

It is frowned upon by all people and practiced by an extreme minority of humans because it is....

unnatural.

Wrap your brain around a word.