I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Weekly Movie Review: Return Of The Living Dead Part II (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69705109)

MockBot Oct 6th, 2010 03:43 AM

Weekly Movie Review: Return Of The Living Dead Part II

Automatically generated comment thread for Weekly Movie Review: Return Of The Living Dead Part II.

neoboman Oct 6th, 2010 06:35 AM

The first one is pretty hilarious, I wouldn't write it off.

Mockery Oct 6th, 2010 06:48 AM

I think Nun Eater was referring to parts 2, 3 and 4 when talking about the sequels, not the original Return of the Living Dead, which is indeed awesome. SEND MORE PARAMEDICS.

Starscream Oct 6th, 2010 01:57 PM

HA! I just corrupted my fiance with this movie a few weeks ago. And awesome flick that I find to be somewhat better then the original.

Only problem I've ever had with it was the fact that Joey, Brenda and Ed would never shut the hell up.. Specially Ed.. Even as a kid, even though it was funny to see them freak out, I wanted them to hurry up and get eaten asap.

Great review Nun

Shadowdancer21b Oct 6th, 2010 03:38 PM

I love this movie but the original was the best. "Who's the president?" "Harry Truman."

dextire Oct 6th, 2010 04:08 PM

An absolute favorite of mine. Nicely done, Nun. :)

neoboman Oct 6th, 2010 04:21 PM

@Mockery

Ah, so he did. My bad.

robo_rob Oct 6th, 2010 11:09 PM

There's four sequels. Who can forget Rave to the grave?

The Nun Eater Oct 7th, 2010 04:35 AM

I actually did forget it, but it is just appalling so I am kinda glad I did.

HowardC Oct 7th, 2010 05:07 AM

I'll agree with the fact that parts 4 and 5 are pretty much write-offs, but aside from the original, part 3 was probably the best. Hot zombie girl and "spine man" zombie FTW!!! Part 2 is what I would consider "ok". It isn't bad by any means, but compared to the superior story of part 1 and the superior special effects and story of part 3 it sort of falls flat.

The best analogy I can give is home alone vs home alone part 2. ROTLD and ROTLD 2 are almost identical movies. (Not to the extent of the home alone franchises of course). I suppose you can hold part 2 in high esteem conisdering it's so similar to part 1, but shouldn't you really condem it for not adding much to the formula?

Nick Oct 7th, 2010 09:33 AM

This was a good review, but sadly it went on for far too long and had far too many typos for my liking. :(

Not to mention it wasn't really a review about the movie but an in-depth synopsis of the entire movie plot.

caffman Oct 7th, 2010 12:20 PM

And the first one has a killer soundtrack. I have it on vinyl!!

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 8th, 2010 11:58 AM

Return 2 is my favorite of them. ZOOOOOMBIES!

Love the part where the zombie gets the screwdriver to the head.

Mister Tea Oct 8th, 2010 02:44 PM

"There" refers to a location, "Their" is possessive, and "They're" is a contraction of "They are." Apart from that, nice review.

Mockery Oct 8th, 2010 04:37 PM

Mister Tea - Wow, you weren't kidding. I just fixed all of Nun Eater's "there" typos. I think I counted about 12 different instances of "there" when "their" should've been used.

Ozzie Oct 9th, 2010 02:50 AM

Not to mention "it's" means "it is" whereas "its" is possessive. Caught that at least twice in the opening sentence. And "try's" should be "tries"

The Nun Eater Oct 9th, 2010 09:40 PM

Sorry about the typos. I was in a big hurry to finish and get it out before I had to go to work.

Zomboid Oct 10th, 2010 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozzie (Post 700232)
Not to mention "it's" means "it is" whereas "its" is possessive. Caught that at least twice in the opening sentence. And "try's" should be "tries"

Also, "looses" is used in place of "loses" in the first sentence. :halloween :picklehat :halloween :picklehat :halloween :picklehat :halloween

Ozzie Oct 12th, 2010 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Nun Eater (Post 700299)
Sorry about the typos. I was in a big hurry to finish and get it out before I had to go to work.

I wasn't trying to criticize, just bring it to RoG's attention since he was already fixing it up. Sorry if I came across as pedantic.

Mister Tea Oct 15th, 2010 03:09 PM

Yeah, we're just trying to help is all. It's still an enjoyable review of an awesomely goofy flick. My favorite part is the talking zombies; there's just something funny about a monster capable of asking permission before it dines on your skull.