I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Pub Lover Oct 31st, 2010 04:03 PM

:pagebrak

Fathom Zero Oct 31st, 2010 04:06 PM

New British TV can be good, tho

Pub Lover Oct 31st, 2010 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 702485)
But yeah, I think a lot of the oldies are insufferably dull, mostly because the stories for every serial could be told in about half the time they all take (although to be fair, I've only seen about 6, and most of them were the first and second Doctors so that might be early installment weirdness).

I've been watching the First Doctor this week. I tried to watch something modern & everything was so fucking fast I had to stop it to figure out what was happening. :dunce

Ex Leper Oct 31st, 2010 04:38 PM

Happy Ice Day Everyone!

Kitsa Oct 31st, 2010 05:08 PM

Fuck that, I love old british TV.

Well, I love some of it.

Fathom Zero Oct 31st, 2010 05:12 PM

It's usually really bad and doesn't date well. But then what does? Eh.

Pub Lover Oct 31st, 2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 702587)
Fuck that, I love old british TV.

Well, I love some of it.

When my explanation of why I like something involves the phrases "If you look at it in context..." or "For it's time..."; then I'm just going to back down and say it is bad. :(

I rate the Marx Brothers as having produced some of the best films ever. They are still b-movies and difficult for a lot of people to watch.

I had to take classes to understand what the hell was going on in Shakespeare's plays. I imagine it is much the same deal.

Pub Lover Oct 31st, 2010 05:25 PM

Did the Chaplin Time Traveller story hit the folks in this corner of the web? I liked that.

Fathom Zero Oct 31st, 2010 05:32 PM

:lol

Guitar Woman Oct 31st, 2010 05:38 PM

That's probably more the fault of the language evolving than the work itself, Pub

Guitar Woman Oct 31st, 2010 05:41 PM

Or you're stupid. I mean, it's ostensibly still english, and you can kinda guess what all the archaic words mean via context.

Guitar Woman Oct 31st, 2010 05:44 PM

Macbeth is the most awesome thing he wrote.

Pub Lover Oct 31st, 2010 05:44 PM

I was the swotty kid that knew what it all meant and was smarmy when anyone else didn't know. :x

Pub Lover Oct 31st, 2010 05:45 PM

I like to say things that endear me to the dullards around me. :)

Pub Lover Oct 31st, 2010 05:46 PM

Whoops! Broke character! :eek

Pub Lover Oct 31st, 2010 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 702595)
Or you're stupid.

I'LL GIVE YOU FOUR INCHES OF STUPID IN YOUR ASS, BOYO! >: :yum :orgasm

Pub Lover Oct 31st, 2010 05:47 PM

There we go. Small dick/homosexual comments to the rescue. The gay is saved. :eek

Guitar Woman Oct 31st, 2010 05:49 PM

Someone explain Dungeons and Dragons to me, briefly.

I think I understand the basic idea, a more free-form version of a board game that massive nerds utilize as a vehicle for storytelling, but I've not really grasped why it's a big deal. Then again, the furthest I've gotten in tabletop gaming is collectible card games. YuGiOh, specifically, which I played because my attention span didn't allow for productive games of Magic. Also, every single Magic game I ever played was completely one-sided, in which I'd manage to get three land cards and one monster out on the field before being utterly and embarrassingly annihilated.

Since I'm a massive fag and something of an emo I'd consider trying my hand at a game of Vampire: The Masquerade if the Old World of Darkness stuff wasn't out of print, if only to troll people by being a fishmalk or inciting fisticuffs inside fatally-enforced neutral zones.

Pub Lover Oct 31st, 2010 06:03 PM

Never played. I've tried card games and tabletop miniatures. I always get beaten by those lucky chaps that have the time and inclination to learn a billion game rules from a thick tome they always carry but never open. I think it is about hanging with your friends and never quite getting to the circle jerk over the beautiful lady that is totally into you that your party just saved from a dragon.

I envy them so much. :(

Pub Lover Oct 31st, 2010 06:04 PM

I liked this story just from the first page: http://emcarroll.com/comics/faceallred/01.html

Fathom Zero Oct 31st, 2010 06:08 PM

that's a nice story

Esuohlim Oct 31st, 2010 06:33 PM

Speaking of British TV, a friend let me borrow her Jeeves and Wooster DVDs. While I can observe the fact that it is pretty funny, I can't get past the stuffiness and color-scheme of the show. Everything is fucking brown, man. Gross

Kitsa Oct 31st, 2010 06:37 PM

from what I learned in the Saturday morning cartoon, there were these kids who went to the amusement park one day and they got on this rollercoaster. But then the rollercoaster track went all kerfuckety and they ended up in a magic land where this little guy looked Asian but wasn't and there was this unicorn that acted like a dog. Also, the black chick wore a fur bikini and was able to pole vault over shit with a glowing stick.

hope that helps

Fathom Zero Oct 31st, 2010 10:55 PM

It is No-Shave November, coming off of Octobeard, which I couldn't participate in.

Everyone must participate. >:

MLE Oct 31st, 2010 11:17 PM

Sorry, not in.