I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Events (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   FORUM EVENT: "I-MOCKERY'S 2010 SECRET SANTA EVENT!" (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69705278)

Dimnos Dec 2nd, 2010 02:07 AM

Well it turns out my gift had to be ordered online. It wouldnt get to me in time to send it out by the 5th so I just had them send it direct. No nifty note or fancy packaging. :\

Ex Leper Dec 2nd, 2010 02:27 AM

RoG's suggestion from earlier may help

Quote:

Well, you could always write it out on paper, scan it in or take a photo of it and then send it to your recipient in a PM

stevetothepast Dec 2nd, 2010 10:12 AM

will be sending mine out tomorrow.

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 2nd, 2010 10:36 AM

I never send letters with my gifts or let them know who its from. Usually let them figure it out.

Dimnos Dec 2nd, 2010 10:39 AM

I might do that PM thing. I also like the idea of making them figure it out. My only concern is it shows up with nothing indicating its from me or is related to the SS. Although I bet they can put two and two together.

stonewar Dec 2nd, 2010 10:46 AM

My gift shipped yesterday with an apology.

they are nice useful gifts....kinda boring like what Aunt Linda might get you.
I just couldn't figure out how to ship the awkwardly shaped blowgun I spotted at Tuesday Morning.

Dimnos Dec 2nd, 2010 11:04 AM

I hope its me because I could really use some new socks and undies.

blood_panther Dec 2nd, 2010 11:04 AM

ah man.....Apparently the paperwork fedex filled out when I dropped off my package wasnt enough for them. now I gotta print off a form and fax it to them if i want the package to get moving again.....should delay my package for a day or two.

The Leader Dec 2nd, 2010 12:14 PM

IT'S AWAY!

stonewar Dec 2nd, 2010 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 706097)
I hope its me because I could really use some new socks and undies.

Inspiration for next year!

Dimnos Dec 2nd, 2010 02:25 PM

Actually I hope Leader got me because I bet he is sending out a bad ass one of a kind action figure. :(

MarioRPG Dec 2nd, 2010 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 706089)
I also like the idea of making them figure it out.

Should've sent a puzzle like I did once...
Probably should have done that again. It was a neat idea.

Dimnos Dec 2nd, 2010 05:32 PM

Thats pretty cool.

MLE Dec 2nd, 2010 06:16 PM

I have no one to take pictures for me, so I might end up getting a friend to screencap from webcam instead :D THANK YOU FOR ALL THE LUCHA STUFF!

I also sent mine out today! I hate the schedule I have, since I only have one day a week where I could possibly mail stuff. DONE NOW.

ChrisGlass Dec 2nd, 2010 07:49 PM

I know what I'll send. I just have to wrap it tonight.

MarioRPG Dec 2nd, 2010 08:00 PM

I received my gift about 30 minutes after my last post. Although something very un-Christmassy awaited me when I answered the door. There was a C.O.D on my item so I had to pay some cash to get it. That's customs for you. I guess.
I'll get the pictures up tomorrow, along with revealing my SS because I sluethed my way into figuring it out. Also I do like the gift :) just not paying for it.

AlliSabbah Dec 2nd, 2010 08:28 PM

Who sends a Christmas gift COD???

replicant Dec 2nd, 2010 08:31 PM

I got mine today too. I haven't opened the present yet because I must devise my story. hehe!

Ozzie Dec 2nd, 2010 08:37 PM

I apologize, I certainly didn't check anything that should've caused them to charge you COD. Maybe it was just a customs issue? If I can make it up somehow, I'd certainly like to: un-Christmassy indeed.

I hope you enjoy the present at least.

Harry Lime Dec 2nd, 2010 10:34 PM

Holy Crap! Greatest Gifts Ever!

So my Secret Santa was Ex-Leper and I can't stress enough how amazing these gifts are. So amazing in fact that I am going to to a two part post, one to showcase the gifts and another to show them in action.

let's begin.

How to put together the greatest secret santa gift ever

First off, Ex-Leper put together an excellent card which reminds us of the Halloween season gone by.

and had some really thoughtful things to say

Take a look at the fine and festive packaging.

I mean look at that shit! It's fucking amazing!

The first thing I picked up was the fantasmic Holiday mix cd. I was sure to put it on so I'd have the proper background music while opening the rest of the loot.

Note: This is no ordinary Holiday mix, it has holiday music from Ren & Stimpy, Ween, and Wesley Willis just to name a few.

Onto the unwrapped gift awesomeness

A spectacular Scott Pilgrim bookmark!

A bag of life sustaining smarties!

Onto the wrapped goodness.

The first thing I opened blew me away!

Topps Fright Flicks trading cards! How cool is that?!!! I am big on horror film memorabilia, so perfect. ( I am letting them simmer in their perfectly intact packaging before curiosity gets the better of me and I open them...which will be soon I assure you)

and SNL trading cards! specifically the years I watched SNL the most!

A good representation of how I felt by this point of opening these gifts.

A classically packaged Slinky! I am a sucker for nostalgically packaged toys!

An awesome robot magnet!

Perfect for hanging my Nicolas Cage with a Snow Monkey picture on my office wall!

A fucking catapult! Amazing! I am in the process of painting and gluing it together so I will have some pics of it in action later.

and what might this be?

what else but a perfect addition to my forthcoming tree!

Some marvelous pins from a grab-bag of treasures!

Fantasticle keychains from a grab-bag of treasures!

The best collection of figurines and genuine canadian gold ever!

And to top it off, an awesome collection of Horror films on dvd. I've been meaning to watch Frogs for a long time. I will post some screen-caps from it later. Can't wait to watch it!

THANK YOU EX LEPER!

You put so much thought and effort into this gift and it's simply amazing. I can't thank you enough. I will post some pics of the goods in action soon.

Thank you,
Thank you,
Thank You,

Harry Lime
:xmas3

executioneer Dec 2nd, 2010 10:43 PM

daww man light up bushmills thingy

Ex Leper Dec 2nd, 2010 10:51 PM

I was very nervous about how they would go over. Glad to know my first year was successful.

replicant Dec 2nd, 2010 11:16 PM

Quote:

Machete: Feliz Navidad, Conchita! With Knives, you know! Santa brings you gifts, but I say there mine.
... All of a sudden a space-time anomaly occurs, and a message comes forth from a vortex along with a waft of zesty citrus.

The message provided relief that there were presents instead of the danger the having something in common with an overemotional Christian Slater movie. Replicant donned her thinking took to figure out how to deal with a more pressing issued named El Machete.

Quote:

Perhaps, moustache battle?

For the meantime, Replicant is able to ward off the deathly machismo of El Machete.

Finding a corner of safety, Replicant sat down her christmas gifts. Ready to open them up.

Quote:

Robots! Robots! Robots!
Before the gifts could be unwrapped, El Machete arrives to snatch the Loot.
But Replicant managed to conjure up a BFG (let's just pretend, shall we) to take El Machete to task.

Quote:

"El Machete, I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain...

Time to die."

Quote:

"IN YOUR FACE, ESSE!"

And to the victor comes the spoils of war.

Legos!

Movies, Chocolate, and more. :)

All makes a happy geek girl!

Quote:

Gracias to the Harry Lime! :D Me and Rod Serling have a date this Friday! :xmas2:rock

blood_panther Dec 2nd, 2010 11:18 PM

that there is a nice haul.

replicant Dec 2nd, 2010 11:32 PM

Nice haul Harry! Ex-Leper, you give good gift! :)