I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Chojin Oct 31st, 2006 10:24 PM

You could just tell him that you are SO BUSY AND OVERWORKED that you didn't think to let him in or some shit like that

But man, what a loon ;<

Pub Lover Oct 31st, 2006 10:27 PM

:lol @ BUSY AND OVERWORKED

sadie Oct 31st, 2006 10:53 PM

just be for real with him?

sadie Oct 31st, 2006 10:54 PM

oh, and hi, pub. ltns.

Pub Lover Oct 31st, 2006 11:06 PM

Hi Sadie! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sadie
just be for real with him?

Am I allowed to be for real with people that can't do it for themselves?

And how for real? Because there is a very large for realness that says I would rather not talk to the man at all. If I could put it off for another three and a half weeks my returning parents could deal with the crazy little man and leave me free to be the quite different crazy little man that I like being. :picklehat

sadie Nov 1st, 2006 02:45 PM

you're always allowed to be for real, regardless of whether the other person does or not. but i wouldn't suggest offending the vicar (which always makes me think of miss marple stories :P) if it would in turn piss off your parents. plus, if he's just lost his wife, he's probably in a bad state already. you wouldn't want to push him over the edge or anything. :( and sometimes being nice to other people, even if you don't want to, can make you feel better, too. when i get really depressed, it's usually because i'm stuck inside myself, which translates to selfishness in its logical end. and now ends this installment of "ask pseudo dr. sadie." :(

FartinMowler Nov 1st, 2006 03:23 PM

Quote:

it's usually because i'm stuck inside myself
I remember one time I sat on my wiener :) you should tell stories like that to the Vicar :/

sadie Nov 1st, 2006 04:07 PM

hi, martin fowler. :/

FartinMowler Nov 1st, 2006 06:10 PM

Hi Sadie :/ I have a question or a problem...

I'm in a band now that has lasted more than a few sessions and I'm trying to just enjoy it and not be too critical like I have in the past. What's the best way to tell a guitar guy to stop doing never ending solo's and turn his amp down? I don't want to get booted out of this band but this guy is driving me insane. You can hear him in this short dark video of us...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W3hOW2Z6ws

MetalMilitia Nov 1st, 2006 06:57 PM

If I may interject,

Having been in a few bands as a guitarist I think you problem is that you're just jamming (if the video name is correct) not playing a song.
While jamming, often the guitarist feels the need to make things more interesting with a solo or whatnot. It's not much fun playing the same riff over and over again if there arn't any vocals or other elements taking center stage.

If you want to stop endless solos try and sway the band into playing more structured songs. Or working on parts of your own songs which may not neccacarily be the guitar solo part ;)

Often you'll find a guitarist will go into endless solo mode just because they're bored and would be more than happy to work on something other than listless jamming if asked.

FartinMowler Nov 1st, 2006 07:33 PM

Thanks Metal...

That song we are playing is Creep by Radiohead. Most of the time we jam, but we do have structured songs that so far I've never heard him actually play properly. The rhythm guitarist is cool and play's the song note for note and sings, but not the guy playing lead.

Fathom Zero Nov 1st, 2006 08:59 PM

I've been searching eBay all day and I can't find a glowing piece of the Aggro Crag.

GADZOOKS Nov 1st, 2006 09:30 PM

So what.

Pub Lover you should turn that fruitcake story into a horror story and I the end you find out that peices of the fruitcake has body parts of his wife.

And you can make it as fucking depressing as you want, it's all you buddy.

sadie Nov 2nd, 2006 08:30 AM

aw, you're such a sweetie, gadzooks.

martin fowler, i think you got some good advice from metal militia there (strangely enough), and i wish i could agree that it were that simple. however, it has been my experience that chronic guitar masturbators like the one you describe have very weak egos and react very badly to any kind of (even constructive) criticism.

it could be that he has been highly praised over his lead abilities by rednecks who love listening to the end solo of "free bird" repeatedly with lit lighters. it could be that he has a natural talent for free form notes that go along with chords, that he feels the flow. it could be that he just really sucks at rhythm. regardless, this is where he has found his validation, and he isn't likely to step out of it.

this is probably why you've been fired from every band you've ever been in; people don't really want to hear the truth, and they especially don't want to hear it bluntly.

my suggestion is to try to casually talk about how using an exclamation point at the end of every sentence it loses its power...just like a really cool jamming guitar solo gets old after 20 minutes. and ending every son with a really cool jamming guitar solo gets old after two songs...

Emu Nov 2nd, 2006 08:52 AM

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Supafly345 Nov 2nd, 2006 05:56 PM

http://www.zazzle.com/product/235316316209041908

Fathom Zero Nov 2nd, 2006 07:09 PM

That's got me written all over it. Argh.

MetalMilitia Nov 2nd, 2006 07:47 PM

fartin mowler detects people's privates. :x

Pub Lover Nov 3rd, 2006 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FartinMowler
I remember one time I sat on my wiener :) you should tell stories like that to the Vicar :/

You probably would. ;)

I was actually expecting something much worse from you.

Juttin Nov 3rd, 2006 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero
I've been searching eBay all day and I can't find a glowing piece of the Aggro Crag.

I think that somebody who would get burned by hot steam,
crushed by giant, glowing, pseudo-boulders,
and live to get a piece of the hell they went through wouldn't sell it

GADZOOKS Nov 3rd, 2006 11:11 PM

You are such a drip.

Juttin Nov 3rd, 2006 11:31 PM

Oh wow, you're really busting out the hip vocabulary!

THAT'S THE BEES KNEES!

GADZOOKS Nov 4th, 2006 12:00 AM

THE YOUNG SAM KINISON EVERYBODY.

Fathom Zero Nov 4th, 2006 12:41 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAW5NRj2YhE

HAHA, I'm a racist bastard.

Esuohlim Nov 6th, 2006 01:28 PM

Did Willie quit the internet again? :(