I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Silent Hill - Scary things that look like vagina insides! (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19829)

James Jan 22nd, 2006 06:48 AM

Silent Hill - Scary things that look like vagina insides!

The movie really seems like it has all the potential in the world to be really good. There's a lot of work being put into the film, and there's seemingly a desire to be faithful to the source material.

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/silenthill/

I never played the games (I can't, because they scare the shit out of me), but I know the stories for the most part. And people who have played the games keep saying how perfect this movie seems to be.

Is it actually possible that we'll get a GOOD video game adaptation for once? Or is it all a trick, and someone will go "FOOLED YOU!" and show us a movie about Michelle Rodriguez blowing shit up while a heavy metal soundtrack plays, and then Matrix-fights a bunch of zombies?

Emu Jan 22nd, 2006 02:51 PM

I have mixed feelings. The Silent Hill games are well adapted to movies (Especially number 2) because they're heavily focused on plot and environment and less on action (as opposed to, say, RE). Silent Hills 3 and 4 had some of the scariest shit yet, especially 3's hospital area. All of that gives me hope for the movie since it seems to me that it could be easily converted without losing a lot of the original charm.

On the other hand, they altered the story of SH1 a bit and that worries me. Last I heard it was something like a merger between the plots of the first and second one, but I don't know the specifics.

ArrowX Jan 22nd, 2006 03:26 PM

I just hope they stay truthfull to Pyramyd heads intro sequence, when he starts jamming assorted limbs down a kitchen sink.

Shifty Jan 22nd, 2006 03:44 PM

looks good. dont know anything bout the plot and all that, never played silent hill games before.

James Jan 22nd, 2006 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emu
On the other hand, they altered the story of SH1 a bit and that worries me. Last I heard it was something like a merger between the plots of the first and second one, but I don't know the specifics.

It's kind of loosely based on the first two games, but it seems more intended to be a story all its own.

But story changes aside, it really seems that the integrity of the games is being preserved. Go to the official site (with sound), and look at the new trailer.

Schimid Jan 22nd, 2006 11:52 PM

Actual soundtrack music. :O

Disshevelled nurses. :O

PYRAMID HEAD. :O

Jeff The Ninja Jan 23rd, 2006 11:14 AM

The first time I played a silent hill game i had nightmares. I wasnt able to pick up my Playstation controller for a Week!

Guitar Woman Jan 23rd, 2006 11:22 AM

I've never played SH but I don't think I could if a B horror game like Resident Evil made me scared of the dark. :(

But yeah, the movie looks pretty awesome. I'll definantly check it out.

Zomboid Jan 23rd, 2006 01:25 PM

Surprisingly enough, it looks fucking awesome :O

DeadKennedys Jan 24th, 2006 02:25 AM

It comes out on my birfday :(

It's looking fairly good, but there are too many living people, like in the scene on the staircase where she yells "It's coming!"... part of what made the games so great was the lack of human companionship so that you were truly alone

Pyramid Head has nice feet. There better be a sex scene with him and the mannequins or I'm walking out :(

Immortal Goat Jan 24th, 2006 12:21 PM

Can someone screenshot Pyramid Head for me? I keep missing him in the video, and I don't know why.

Emu Jan 24th, 2006 12:48 PM

Comrade Rocket had it as his sig for a while :(

James Jan 24th, 2006 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emu
Comrade Rocket had it as his sig for a while :(

That was from the teaser.

Emu Jan 24th, 2006 01:23 PM

Was it? Oh. :<

Emu Jan 24th, 2006 02:03 PM

I've been thinking about it, and probably only fans of the SH games (or, at least, people who know what it's about) are going to enjoy the movie. Pyramid Head is one of the scariest villains ever, I think, on the basis of his sheer up-fuckedness, but he's probably going to look really goofy to people who haven't played the games.

Edit: Also, I thought Silent Hill was in Illinois. If you walk around the town you find Illinois state signs, the Chicago News in the school, and I think Route 66 is supposed to pass near it.

Guitar Woman Jan 24th, 2006 03:43 PM

And I thought the main character in Silent Hill was supposed to be a guy. :/

Then again, a 32 year old grown man screaming in terror and running like a bitch from a bunch of fucked up monsters isn't exactly the best movie material, so I can kinda see why they changed Harry to a woman. :/

ArrowX Jan 24th, 2006 05:01 PM

Comrades sig was a .gif of pyramyd head throwing down with someone who it seems he tears something off.

Jeff The Ninja Jan 25th, 2006 10:56 PM

Actually, The slient hill movie doesnt share the same plot from any of the games.

Emu Jan 25th, 2006 11:30 PM

Actually it does, you fucking tweed.

Immortal Goat Jan 26th, 2006 12:18 AM

This will fucking rule. I don't care if non-fans don't get it or aren't creeped out by it. I haven't even played the first one, nor have I finished 2, but damn, is it creepy.

EverythingWillSuck Jan 27th, 2006 01:52 AM

Did anyone vote in that poster contest they had?

I think they found a winner, since I was at the theater today and saw this:

It's even more unsettling in reality. :(

Guitar Woman Jan 27th, 2006 02:42 AM

It's only scary if you stare at it for 10 seconds :(

Zomboid Jan 27th, 2006 04:06 AM

Not even then. Might be the bottle of JD but it's still not scary :(

PS : Be back when I'm stoned

Jixby Phillips Jan 27th, 2006 07:16 AM

nobody ever talks abotu anything i wanna talk about in this forum :(

Emu Jan 27th, 2006 09:56 AM

The little girl has no pupils. :(