I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   No More Heroes rules. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700000)

MartinSargent Jun 18th, 2008 10:18 PM

No More Heroes rules.

I love this game. So bizarre and original. Game has great satire as well. Satires geek culture, anime, and video games.

This game is a twisted friggin masterpiece. More people need to buy original games like this.

I don't like how so many people only buy generic FPS these days. I don't have anything against those games but try some variety for God's sake.

Pub Lover Jun 18th, 2008 10:28 PM

Rule one: Don't talk about No More Heroes.

Fathom Zero Jun 18th, 2008 10:32 PM

And I doubt you're the actual Martin Sargent.

Guitar Woman Jun 18th, 2008 11:57 PM

Killer 7 was better, I thought.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 19th, 2008 12:12 AM

NMH is overrated. It's got a plot that can't decide if it wants to be serious or "OH SO WACKY XDDDDDDDD". Gameplay is repetitive at best, monotonous at worst, and the difficulty curve snaps in two.

If there is something in the game that you find charming (and it does have charm), you have to dig through piles of faceless goons and boring dayjobs to find it.

Guitar Woman Jun 19th, 2008 12:22 AM

you are wrong, sir.

Also how the hell can a game that only like, 5 people played be considered overrated?

Phoenix Gamma Jun 19th, 2008 12:25 AM

A lot of its fans think it's the second coming of Jesus.

It's not so much that everyone loves it, it's that the people who do think it's better than it actually is. Then again, that is their opinion, so who am I to judge?

Pub Lover Jun 19th, 2008 01:02 AM

Rule two: Stop taking this thread seriously. WTH?

darkvare Jun 19th, 2008 03:56 AM

is too repetitive too rule

Chojin Jun 19th, 2008 11:41 AM

It's a great game and you are borderline retarded if you think it's hard at all.

Doesn't have much replay value in my opinion, but mostly what you play this game for are the boss fights, which are all awesome.

Guitar Woman Jun 19th, 2008 11:46 AM

well, hey now, I had a lot of trouble with all the free fights on anything above Mild.

Strangely enough the normal enemies with their own beam katanas who attack you in groups are the biggest threats, not any of the bosses.

Chojin Jun 19th, 2008 11:49 AM

I meant 'hard at all' in that you can make the game not hard at all by playing on Sweet.

Though I beat Shinobu on my first try on Bitter, so maybe I just know how to play videogames idk

Guitar Woman Jun 19th, 2008 11:57 AM

EASY MODE IS FOR FAGGOTS

YOU FAGGOT

Fathom Zero Jun 19th, 2008 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 562098)
Killer 7 was better, I thought.

NO YOU DIDN'T. You never liked it! >:

Guitar Woman Jun 19th, 2008 11:59 AM

yes I did!

I'm just bad at rail shooters.

Schimid Jun 19th, 2008 04:13 PM

I got destroyed by Shinobu on the normal difficulty (mild, right?). I literally died about five or six or seven times.

It's a fantastic game. I hated it at first but loved it the more I got into it. I honestly think it makes kind of a bad first impression. Also, pinpoint any part of the game's plot that ever tried to be serious. I can't think of a single instance.

EisigerBiskuit Jun 19th, 2008 04:33 PM

I liked it. It's not GOTY. or GOTE. Just glad to have tried.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 19th, 2008 05:41 PM

The bosses were easy, but they were just "combo, run away, don't get it, then run back in for another combo before running away again".

The "Don't get hit" missions are bullshit. Especially the beach ones, with landmines and semi-automatic guns.

Chojin Jun 19th, 2008 09:50 PM

You don't have to do a single 'don't get hit' mission to beat the game, though.

As for bosses being repetitive, I think about half of the ones you can fight worked that way, but the rest were really very different.

Maybe you played a copy of guilty gear xx and someone replaced the cover art on you? That would really explain everything.

MartinSargent Jun 20th, 2008 10:57 AM

No I am not the real Martin Sargent. He's just a personal hero of mine. I love the Sarge. Watch his new stuff at Revision3.

I miss Unscrewed. I hope Jason Vorhees finds the persons that canceled Unscrewed and smashes them into a tree whilst they be in a sleeping bag yeah that would be cool

Lobo Tommy Jun 20th, 2008 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 562105)
A lot of its fans think it's the second coming of Jesus.

It's not so much that everyone loves it, it's that the people who do think it's better than it actually is. Then again, that is their opinion, so who am I to judge?

I'm the second coming of Jesus. And the game got very mediocre reviews, which is too bad because I thought originally the game looked great. But most reviewers decide if a game is good based on it's voice acting so....meh.

Guitar Woman Jun 20th, 2008 08:49 PM

IGN is the only big name review site I can think of that gave it an "eh" review, other than that it was almost universally hailed as awesome.

Even Yahtzee liked it!

Lobo Tommy Jun 20th, 2008 08:49 PM

Gameinformer gave it a 7 out of 10 and Nintendo Power gave it a 7 as well.

Guitar Woman Jun 20th, 2008 08:54 PM

WHO CARES THE GAME IS GREAT AND THEY ARE WRONG

Lobo Tommy Jun 20th, 2008 09:03 PM

I'm probably going to get it anyways because they're aren't that many good games for the Wii. Actually, next-gen consoles in general suck.