I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   ATTN- OAO and others (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9442)

theapportioner Feb 13th, 2004 01:02 PM

ATTN- OAO and others

Paul Glimcher has a new book out titled Decisions, Uncertainty, and the Brain: the Science of Neuroeconomics. The title is deceptive, but it's an attempt at explaining cognition using tools from economic theory. Haven't read it yet (waiting for a paperback or a cheap advance copy at a used bookstore), but it sounds interesting.

The_Rorschach Feb 13th, 2004 08:58 PM

I'm picking up Zen: The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance this weekend. I might grab this one also.

The One and Only... Feb 13th, 2004 08:59 PM

I thought about explaining sexual relationships by comparing men and women to agents in a market working for revenue (with cost being the amount of time, money, etc) and ultimately profit. This should prove interesting.

mburbank Feb 16th, 2004 12:21 PM

I'm sorry, it's hatrd for me to think of a stupider intellectual excercise than comparing economics to the actual functioning of the brain.

You want to compare it to the choices a person makes, fine, I thin that's stupid to, but everyone who's anchored to an ism insists on it so why not. It's no more absurd than the Marxist interpreation of Disney cartoons I once read.

But neuro functioning? Christ, why not compare it to real estate sales tactics, or erosion patterns?

AChimp Feb 16th, 2004 02:38 PM

I am experiencing high demand for a girlfriend. In fact, I think my market could bear more than one. Vertical integration was a miserable failure for me (although I didn't go as far back as the baby industry), and I failed to diversify an effective value chain.

I am thinking that I should restrategize into something closer to a matrix hierarchy. Line managers would be able to focus more attention on specific details, rather than leaving me to deal with the whole industry.

Or, perhaps I should just outsource and let someone else supply me with females who will satisfy my needs and make me more reproductive. Errr, I mean, productive.

Pee Wee Herman Feb 16th, 2004 06:43 PM

Are you going to outsource your girlfriend needs to a personal ads service?

Big McLargehuge Feb 16th, 2004 07:18 PM

You fucked up a great joke >:

mburbank Feb 17th, 2004 09:23 AM

Yeah, a big 'thanks' for ruining the thread.

AChimp Feb 17th, 2004 10:23 AM

ANOTHER ONE OF MY JOKES RUINED BY PEE WEE. >:

THAT'S TWO. >:

mburbank Feb 17th, 2004 10:30 AM

It was a good joke too. I was totally set to copy it until people thought I came up with it first.

AChimp Feb 17th, 2004 10:35 AM

Maybe Boogie can delete these last few posts so we can all be, ":lol @ Chimp"

:(

Dole Feb 17th, 2004 10:52 AM

The moments passed chimp. Just dust yourself down and move on. You have to let go.