I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   --The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker-- (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=924)

Slash Feb 23rd, 2003 08:16 PM

--The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker--

Do you like the new look, that nintendo gave The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker?

If not Why?

James Feb 23rd, 2003 09:11 PM

YES THIS REALLY NEEDED TO BE A POLL :lol

Les Waste Feb 23rd, 2003 10:43 PM

POLLS POLLS POLLS :)

I actualy think the cartoony, cell shaded look isn't that bad. I would probably prefer the more realistic version they were going to make, but since I bet the game is going to be extremely fun anyway, it doesn't really matter :/

Cartoony is good though :(

timrpgland Feb 23rd, 2003 11:11 PM

It's going to be good. Watch the movies and play the demo. It is awesome.

whoreable Feb 23rd, 2003 11:13 PM

It plays good (from the 5 min I did in wal-mart) and it does looks good, and I do love cartoons, but i dont really like the idea of a zelda game looking like this.
________
Body Science

FS Feb 24th, 2003 06:35 AM

I was all up in arms when the first screens of the cel-shaded Zelda came out, but then I read a preview in my favorite gaming mag about it, where the writer kinda explained to himself how the "adult" part of Ocarina of Time wasn't really what Zelda was about, and expanding on that theme would make Zelda something it's not. That kinda convinced me this game'll be great.

MrAdventure Feb 24th, 2003 06:46 AM

This game is going to be great, and that is that. >:

Oh, and fuck you for making it a poll.

Link is usually quite young in general, and against insurmountable odds, so to me he's not supposed to storm the castle with rippling muscles, or be a badass motherfucker, cleaner than Skeeter's peter.

I enjoy the goofy nature of it, I don't want Link to grow up.

If you listen to him spin and yell in the preview movies, it still makes you proud.

Spectre X Feb 24th, 2003 07:33 AM

Legend of Zelda: the wind wanker.

timrpgland Feb 24th, 2003 11:01 AM

Link has pretty much always been a kid. It's also practically a different Link in each game. The timeline is all messed up.

James Feb 24th, 2003 11:46 AM

See, you have to remember the first images of this cartoon style had link looking like a colorform that was melted in the sun. They later changed that so he looked less like a drug-induced hallucination.

I don't mind the look, but I just feel it's so very wrong for a Zelda game. I'd much rather see the Gamecube's power used to create a more realistic look, complete with detailed environments. Zelda would be better suited by what they were originally going to do.

Zomboid Feb 24th, 2003 02:39 PM

I'm not saying the game will suck because of it, but I really don't like the look. And I don't care what any of you say about him always being a kid, check out your lttp manuals and the little pictures show him as a young adult or teen, not a big headed kid. I remember a video from a while back as a teaser for zelda coming to the gcn where link simply bad ass. That is what I was looking forward to. I know the game will still rule, but I hate how nintendo can never have anything stray too far from "kiddie".

Slash Feb 24th, 2003 03:23 PM

..............MrAdventure - "Oh, and fuck you for making it a poll"

What the hell?! I like the new look.....so screw you!

So did you even vote?

Rongi Feb 24th, 2003 03:34 PM

The new zelda game is going to rule. End of discussion >:

MrAdventure Feb 24th, 2003 03:38 PM

POLLS ARE STUPID, FUCK YOU NERD >:

Ninjavenom Feb 24th, 2003 03:39 PM

I prefer playing as an adult, but it really doesn't look so bad after taking a look in the new EGM. That cel-shaded shadow baddie looks pretty slick.

James Feb 24th, 2003 03:57 PM

On the plus side, Link's adult form is intact in Soul Calibur 2. Complete with male camel toe. :eek

Seriously. They pointed it out in the latest EGM. Camel TOE.

timrpgland Feb 24th, 2003 05:03 PM

Well, Zomboid, ask Nintendo for clarification about Link.

:boohoo

Slash Feb 24th, 2003 06:40 PM

Good one.......MrAdventure.......you got me that time!

MrAdventure rocks!! :rock

Skulhedface Feb 24th, 2003 08:11 PM

Every time I read a gripe about Link looking "kiddish" and not adult is always addressed like this:

"In the original Zelda, Link was still a kid."

If I remember right, other than Ocarina of Time, the oldest Link ever got was 16 (Zelda II)

But hell, I'd still get it. I don't doubt a Zelda game. The skeptics said the same about Metroid in the same vein ("Boo hoo!! They changed Metroid!! It's gonna suck now!") and when it started coming free with Gamecubes I got my happy ass out of the house and bought one. I was not disappointed in the least.

MaskedMonk Feb 24th, 2003 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spectre X
Legend of Zelda: the wind wanker.

Hehe...
I came on here to post that. Though, admittedly, I was going to add "HAHAHA IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE I ADDED AN 'N' WHICH IS SEXUAL AND FUNNY BECAUSE PEOPLE JERK OFF SOMETIMES LoL FUNY AND I AM GOING TO DIE A VIRGIN OMFGL!!." but your version is simpler, so bonus points.

Zomboid Feb 24th, 2003 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timrpgland
Well, Zomboid, ask Nintendo for clarification about Link.

:boohoo

No, everyone should take my word for it >:

Black Midnight Mar 4th, 2003 04:51 PM

come on people, every one of you knows that every Zelda game ever made rocked, why do you doubt this one, just because the graphics are different than all the rest? You should be happy that the storyline is more expansive, and the environments are beautifully colored and matched to the best that they can be, plus you get to shoot a cannon at sea monsters when you go to different islands. I mean how many Zelda games have that? ABSOLUTELY NONE

Gonadatron Mar 4th, 2003 06:02 PM

Zelda

I don't think anyone here is bitching about the actual gameplay of Zelda. We're bitching about the stupid fucking look of the Zelda game. It would have been fine if Link had been a kid in the new game, just not this crappy cel shading. I love Zelda, but I hate cel shading with a passion.

timrpgland Mar 4th, 2003 06:41 PM

What makes you not like cell shading? Which game turned you off from cell shading?

I'm looking forward to the 3D cartoon. I just can't wait until the game comes out and all you people who said the new look sucks try jumping on the "this game rocks" bandwagon.

Gonadatron Mar 4th, 2003 10:51 PM

Cel Shading

It's not that any game turned me off to cel shading. I played and liked Jet Set Radio, but I didn't like the graphic style. The game can still be good, I just don't like the style.