I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Lander finds water ice on Mars. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700005)

Fathom Zero Jun 19th, 2008 11:44 PM

Lander finds water ice on Mars.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/19/m...s-ice-on-mars/

As opposed to the other frozen liquids and gases found in comets and things, this ice is actually supposed to be water.

Yay.

executioneer Jun 20th, 2008 12:42 AM

awesome now we can live there

Kybo Ren Jun 20th, 2008 03:49 PM

conspiracy spoiler:
we already live there.

check out "Alternative 3" for 60's Mars landing in hijacked ufo and wacky martian that pulls a bugs bunny getaway.

Emu Jun 20th, 2008 04:30 PM

Call me when they've found life.

Fathom Zero Jun 20th, 2008 04:33 PM

They found fossils and shit there. No skeletons, sadly.

Girl Drink Drunk Jun 20th, 2008 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kybo Ren (Post 562404)
conspiracy spoiler:
we already live there.

check out "Alternative 3" for 60's Mars landing in hijacked ufo and wacky martian that pulls a bugs bunny getaway.

That's very relevant to this discusion

Colonel Flagg Jun 21st, 2008 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 562409)
They found fossils and shit there. No skeletons, sadly.

Excuse me? FOSSILS? Last update I heard, they only found what they thought were fossilized bacteria on a meteorite that ORIGINATED on Mars, but had been found in Antarctica. Methinks you might be overstating things a bit.

But shit, now, that would be something. Fossilized shit even more so. :eek

Edit: I did find a conspiracy theorist who claims NASA's Spirit and Opportunity rovers uncovered fossilized plantlife on Mars, then destroyed it, supposedly on the orders of the religious right. Maybe he needs an AFDB to prevent his thoughts from being probed. :)

MetalMilitia Jun 21st, 2008 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 562332)
awesome now we can live there

I wouldn't:

El Blanco Jun 21st, 2008 10:45 AM

We'll be fine once Quaid activates the machine.

Fathom Zero Jun 21st, 2008 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 562500)
Excuse me? FOSSILS? Last update I heard, they only found what they thought were fossilized bacteria on a meteorite that ORIGINATED on Mars, but had been found in Antarctica. Methinks you might be overstating things a bit.

But shit, now, that would be something. Fossilized shit even more so. :eek

Edit: I did find a conspiracy theorist who claims NASA's Spirit and Opportunity rovers uncovered fossilized plantlife on Mars, then destroyed it, supposedly on the orders of the religious right. Maybe he needs an AFDB to prevent his thoughts from being probed. :)

Whoa, easy pokey. You're getting uppity for the sole purpose of causing ire.

MattJack Jun 21st, 2008 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodney Dangerfield (Post 562503)

I get no respect I tell ya!

__

Colonel Flagg Jun 21st, 2008 10:14 PM

Man, that's a great guilty pleasure movie. If only Ahnold's head exploded, just like Cullhagen's. :lol

FZ, I'm not trying to be "uppity", at least no more so than usual. I'd be extremely interested if the rovers/landers on Mars HAD found fossils. I just haven't seen any reports to that effect. Have you? (Inquiring minds want to know ...)

Fathom Zero Jun 21st, 2008 10:51 PM

I don't want it to sound like they found trilobites or something, bit it wasn't simple bacteria if I remember properly. Not that it matters because Mars still doesn't have an atmosphere.

Blasted Child Jun 22nd, 2008 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 562636)
I don't want it to sound like they found trilobites or something, bit it wasn't simple bacteria if I remember properly. Not that it matters because Mars still doesn't have an atmosphere.

Mars does have an atmosphere, although it's pretty thin.

Ant10708 Jun 22nd, 2008 06:19 PM

god bless the internet's misinformation

Evil Robot Jul 24th, 2008 08:36 PM

If you brought back a canister of mars air and opened it up in a closed room, it would smell like farts.

Sacks Jul 29th, 2008 12:50 AM

What kind of farts, Evil Robot?

Dixie Jul 29th, 2008 07:25 AM

Retard farts.
Or at least that's what I'm hoping for.

Rez Jul 29th, 2008 11:19 PM

the kind you smell in dollar stores