I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   too much god (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=185)

george Feb 3rd, 2003 01:23 AM

too much god

there is too much god on tv. every time i change a channel, they are chatting about god :(

and how much he LOVES america.

i dont believe in god, and i dont trust anyone who uses god as an excuse for their activities.

make it stop.

kinot Feb 3rd, 2003 01:48 AM

To believe in God is one thing. But to believe that God himself controls everything (which could include ourselves) is another. Bah, Im a bit too tired to discuss right now because I am a bit tired so I will try to keep it short. Claiming how God guides your life is just as much as debating about the Free will VS. Determinism subject.

Thanks for bringing up the subject, George. The old philosophy forum was wayyy too much with politics and not enough of the religion/sociology/philosophy

ItalianStereotype Feb 3rd, 2003 02:33 AM

in my opinion, god makes himself obvious to everybody in different ways, it is up to the individual to recognize him. unfortunately it becomes much more difficult with human interference. a decadent society and a liberal cultural revolution are destroying religion here in america.

Jixby Phillips Feb 3rd, 2003 02:42 AM

BEING AN AMERICAN MAKES YOU GO TO HEAVEN :)

ItalianStereotype Feb 3rd, 2003 03:00 AM

JUST LIKE SUICIDE :)

Jixby Phillips Feb 3rd, 2003 03:01 AM

UHH THAT SOUNDS FAMILIAR, WHOS THE UNORIGINAL HERE :rolleyes

ItalianStereotype Feb 3rd, 2003 03:02 AM

I LOVE YOU JIXBY, I AM YOUR OFFICIAL STALKER :/

sadie Feb 3rd, 2003 04:52 AM

why don't you believe in god, george?

Jixby Phillips Feb 3rd, 2003 04:54 AM

DO YOU BELEIVE IN GOD, SADIE :lol

HOW DOES HE EXIST, MAGIC OR SOMETHING??? :lol :lol

WATCH OUT SADIE HERE COMES THE TOOTH FAIRY, COME TO SEND YOUR BABY TEETH TO HEAVEN :lol :lol :lol

sadie Feb 3rd, 2003 05:07 AM

:lol
actually, i'm pretty much agnostic. i don't NOT believe in god. i'm looking for answers, you could say.

and the bloody head fairy kicks the tooth fairy's arse.

Geggy Feb 3rd, 2003 07:40 AM

God is Loooove and Love is Gaaaaaawd! Oh, yes, praise the Lord!

James Feb 3rd, 2003 09:25 AM

The other night, I saw an evangelist infomercial, where the "healer" gave this old black lady the power to get up and walk (how original).

Unfortunately, the power of God could not remove THE MUSTACHE THAT SHE HAD. I'm serious, it was a full-on mustache. Not just some whiskers here and there.

So where's your God now? :(

LegoLars Feb 3rd, 2003 09:38 AM

I don't know if theres a god. Im looking for answers but i have not found any. why would god, with so much love, create so much hate?

Geggy Feb 3rd, 2003 10:24 AM

Satan is haaaaaaate and hate is Saaaaaaaatan! Oh, yes, get on your knees and bow to the big man!

Ronnie Raygun Feb 3rd, 2003 11:00 AM

ITA,

"a decadent society and a liberal cultural revolution are destroying religion here in america."

Churches are doing enough damage on their own. Their have to bear the majority of the responsibliity.

Just look at the Catholics right now. It's awful.

.....I understand your point though.

george Feb 3rd, 2003 11:32 AM

jixby hit pretty close to the truth as far as i am concerned.

i just cant believe that there is some special magical thing waiting to help me. there are just too many bad things that i have seen or have happened to me for me to believe. every bad situation i have been in i have worked my ass off to get out of. no one, with the exception of a few family members and friends has helped me. no divine intervention, nothing.

i dont feel sorry for myself, but i have learned to rely on myself. there is no magic government, or jesus, that can make things better, only people can do that. and from what i have seen, i believe that there is a thin layer of civilization, over a boiling pot of insane in this world.

and it scares me when my government is telling me to rely on the magic man to fix things when they take over a third of my paycheck as payment for THEM to do their fucking job.

Ronnie Raygun Feb 3rd, 2003 12:02 PM

Bush never said that GOD should take the place of govt.'s responsibility.

He and many other Americans are Christian. The American public knew that when he was running for office. Why should he now stop being himself just because he's president?

" every bad situation i have been in i have worked my ass off to get out of. no one, with the exception of a few family members and friends has helped me. no divine intervention, nothing. "

I think you see the flaw in that.

You would have no way of knowing if GOD helped you or not anyway......unless you had that relationship.

Miss Modular Feb 3rd, 2003 12:20 PM

Personally I believe in God, but I can see why someone like George might not.

I believe in God to help me get through the day and persist with my goals. I pray a lot, even if s/he doesn't always come through for me. But unlike Jerry Falwell or Ronnie, I don't take offense to people who don't. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for everyone.

Ronnie Raygun Feb 3rd, 2003 12:25 PM

Miss Mod, you don't speak for me.

I don't take offense either.......afterall, I didn't myself once upon a time.

mburbank Feb 3rd, 2003 12:31 PM

Oooooh! Naldo's hinting at one of them there "Road to Damascus" type experiences.

I believe in God. I'm not sure to what extent God believes in us.

El Blanco Feb 3rd, 2003 12:36 PM

Re: too much god

Quote:

Originally Posted by george
there is too much god on tv. every time i change a channel, they are chatting about god :(

What exactly are you watching?

What I see on TV is all about the god called Myself.

It preaches what is good for you must be right. Fast, cheap sex (even though we know that is dangerous). Your parents are stupid and out of touch because they try to limit you. Possessions make you happy. All that matters in the end is if you are comfortable and have the most stuff.

Protoclown Feb 3rd, 2003 12:40 PM

I most certainly believe in God. But I am quite sick about hearing about how God is on OUR side, on the American Team. God is not on our side, he is on EVERYONE'S side.

Ronnie Raygun Feb 3rd, 2003 12:49 PM

I agree.

It's whether or not WE are on GOD's side.

El Blanco Feb 3rd, 2003 12:53 PM

Holy shit. Ronnie and Protclown in agreement? This cannot be. The world has turned upside down. Black is white! Up in down!

Protoclown Feb 3rd, 2003 12:59 PM

I was kind of surprised about that too, until I remembered that I'm actually an evil clone sent by the Raelians from the future to kill you all.