I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Events (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   FORUM EVENT: "I-MOCKERY'S 2012 SECRET SANTA EVENT!" (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69708860)

Mockery Dec 11th, 2012 01:00 PM

A fine haul with awesome wrapping paper no less, and I dig the background music too. Now go buy her some chocolate!

BatmanJohnson Dec 11th, 2012 08:28 PM

Looks like ups attempted to deliver what I assume is my Secret Santa present. At least I think, I don't remember ordering anything. Now to work out when I can get my stuff with UPS

*edit* Apparently the ups facility is down the street from where I work so I'll pick it up on lunch tomorrow.

Protoclown Dec 11th, 2012 11:54 PM

Okay, finally got pics of the awesome gift that Dimnos sent me, which was the mammoth 568 page Avengers Vs. X-Men hardcover! I've not yet read this mini-series, since I wait for the trade collections of most comics these days, so this was a very welcome gift, and most generous indeed!

This thing's got some real heft to it. You could seriously kill a baby with this thing. Also included was this note:

Okay, so I guess it's kind of silly to take too many multiple pics of a book, but I wanted to at least get a shot of me appreciating it in there.

Thank you, Dimnos! I couldn't be more stoked to have gotten this! You have made this comic book geek very happy indeed! I can't wait to dig into this soon!!

Nick Dec 12th, 2012 12:39 AM

I just want to know why Wolverine isn't on the X-Men side.

dextire Dec 12th, 2012 12:41 AM

Very cool! So I guess Red Hulk is a good guy now?

Protoclown Dec 12th, 2012 12:46 AM

BECAUSE WOLVERINE IS AN ASSHOLE

Nick Dec 12th, 2012 02:41 AM

An overexposed asshole. I'm still mad at Marvel for killing off Nightcrawler.

Also for the 90's.

Protoclown Dec 12th, 2012 08:27 AM

They killed off Nightcrawler? Those fuckers! I didn't even know. So you can see how closely I've been paying attention. And there was ONE good thing to have come out of Marvel in the 90: Age of Apocalypse. That was pretty much it.

Oh, and Dextire, I don't know what's up with Red Hulk. I stopped reading Hulk after World War Hulk so I don't know what's up with all those rainbow Hulks anyway.

MarioRPG Dec 12th, 2012 09:19 AM

ChrisGlass I wanted to say I really enjoyed your video. I also liked how Feliz Navidad seemed to cut you off like they do for Oscar-winning speeches.

Nick Dec 12th, 2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protoclown (Post 764435)
They killed off Nightcrawler? Those fuckers! I didn't even know. So you can see how closely I've been paying attention. And there was ONE good thing to have come out of Marvel in the 90: Age of Apocalypse. That was pretty much it.

Oh, and Dextire, I don't know what's up with Red Hulk. I stopped reading Hulk after World War Hulk so I don't know what's up with all those rainbow Hulks anyway.

Yeah, they did that in the Messiah Mutant crossover crap a year or two ago. You know how it is when you need to kill someone off to prove how badass a villain is? Yeaaaah. Funny you should mention Age of Apocalypse though. They have the AoA Nightcrawler running around 616 being all dark and edgy now.

Anyone heard from the other SS guys?

ChrisGlass Dec 12th, 2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioRPG (Post 764436)
ChrisGlass I wanted to say I really enjoyed your video. I also liked how Feliz Navidad seemed to cut you off like they do for Oscar-winning speeches.

HAHA. That wasn't my intention consciously, but I'll roll with it.

BatmanJohnson Dec 12th, 2012 09:53 PM

Got my stuff from Dr Boogie! I'll post pictures within a couple of days!

darkvare Dec 12th, 2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protoclown (Post 764425)
BECAUSE WOLVERINE IS AN ASSHOLE

actually cyclops is the asshole in this story seriously

euphorixlost Dec 12th, 2012 11:08 PM

I got my package from The Punk Hippie today! Which works out well, actually, since today is also my birthday! I will post my pics later (:

Thank you, Ms. Punk Hippie - I really enjoyed my loot!

The_Punk_Hippie Dec 13th, 2012 12:30 AM

Yay! I'm glad it made it there safely! & happy birthday! :D

Nick Dec 13th, 2012 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 764448)
actually cyclops is the asshole in this story seriously

They both suck now. I am so sad.

Thanos Dec 14th, 2012 08:48 AM

So where does our trading list stand at the moment?

MarioRPG Dec 14th, 2012 09:16 AM

Another Successful Secret Santa!!

This here is my pile of gifts from my santa, ChrisGlass. I also decided to try and make a video of the whole thing, but it didn't turn out as well as I want and I sound like I'm being sarcastic and unappreciative. But I really do like my gifts, I promise!!! Also I talk with my hands. :lol

e: I should also mention the candy canes are obviously not just the usual mint and they are delicious and most of them have been consumed already.

blood_panther Dec 14th, 2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thanos (Post 764477)
So where does our trading list stand at the moment?

everyone has confirmed shipping.

Have not had a sent gift received.
Mockery
10,000 Volt Ghost
Dextire
Ex leper
Stevetothepast
Snoogans
Mariorpg

Have not received a gift
Replicant
Bloodpanther
Stevetothepast
Snoogans
Dr. Boogie
The Punk hippie

Have not posted picturesEuphorixlost

Well, I think that's how it's currently standing. seems to be on track this year.

Ex Leper Dec 14th, 2012 01:25 PM

I shipped mine the friday after receiving my address, pretty nervous now.

replicant Dec 14th, 2012 03:31 PM

I don't own a single X-Men comic or graphic novel. I know a bare minimum about the series. However, I did use to watch the 90s X-Men cartoon and I was fond of Nightcrawler. That's a shame.

ChrisGlass Dec 14th, 2012 04:46 PM

Wow. That shipped pretty darn tootin' fast to Canada.
Glad you got the Canadian Moose joke.
And I found it cute you thought the bag of bricks was Smarties. The CANADIAN Smarties. Not the American chalk-filled ones.

There should be two eyeballs. They're NOT edible. Rather they're like sticky hands. Throw them at the wall and they'll stay there.

dextire Dec 14th, 2012 09:41 PM

Great job on the video, MarioRPG. I love that you have the fake fireplace right next to the real one. :lol
And quite a nice haul of Christmas goodies as well. :xmas2

Oh, and Ramune soda is awesome. It actually has a marble inside that the bubbles fizz around when you open it.

snoogans Dec 14th, 2012 11:13 PM

Hey my package has been shipped, sorry I haven't been around here to let you know.

blood_panther Dec 14th, 2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snoogans (Post 764499)
Hey my package has been shipped, sorry I haven't been around here to let you know.

no worries. so that leaves 10k volt ghost....I have a feeling he just may have shipped on time.