I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Phoenix Gamma Jun 8th, 2009 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevetothepast (Post 631829)
Final Fantasy 2 is the only one I enjoyed playing through, that being said, I'm a little weary of turn based rpg's

FF2 as in the NES game, or the SNES game? I tried the DS remake of the SNES one and thought it was okay. Cecil's a shitty protagonist.

Quote:

Yeah. I have to go with FF2 (Or FF4 really) and FF3 (Which was what really? FF6?) and FFX was a suprise too.
Yea, FF2 was actually FF4, and FF3 was actually FF6. But now that every Final Fantasy finally came out in America with it's original title, Square and everyone else stick to the actual numbers. I liked FF6 a little, but I got stuck at some snow area and couldn't be assed to start the game over again.

FFX was pretty annoying, though; the characters were all lame, the story was pretty stupid (Meg Ryan is a water polo player who travels to the future to fight a monster. Except he's just a dream) and you kill that loser Seymour probably four times in the entire game. Not "knocked him out"; he actually dies multiple times and comes back from the dead because he wants to fuck Yuna so badly.

I did like the combat. The whole "switch party members mid-battle" thing is something more RPGs need to do. There's no reason for three people to go through a fortress when I have a whole army of dudes.

Dimnos Jun 8th, 2009 12:15 PM

FF6 is in my opinion the best FF ever made. You would do well to give it another shot, if only a free ROM download.

Yeah the story and characters in FFX are not what make it great. The combat and the ability wheel or whatever it was called.

stevetothepast Jun 8th, 2009 12:33 PM

ya I was speaking of the SNES FF2

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 8th, 2009 12:45 PM

FF2 on SNES was really good but hard.

Phoenix: I agree with Dimnos. You def should play through FF6. If you get stuck just let me know instead of looking it up. You should be able to play through the whole game without using a strat guide. If I'll mention one thing while playing through the game it's

Wait......wait for shadow........

Phoenix Gamma Jun 8th, 2009 12:49 PM

Yea, I got the ROM on my Wii waiting to go (playing on a TV with the controller motivates me), so I might try that again if FF9 doesn't work out. I'm only in the Ice Cavern right now, so we'll see how things go from here.

I like the ability system, because it reminds me of the one in Tactics A2, which was the only reason I played that game.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 8th, 2009 01:14 PM

Do you need to MOD the WII for the emulator to work? I'm trying to get my roommate to do it but he's weary of it.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 8th, 2009 01:34 PM

You need the Homebrew Channel to run it. No mod chips or anything. BannerBomb lets you install the channel without Twilight Princess, so it's actually easier than ever to set it up now. After that, you just need to download the emulator and ROMs.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 8th, 2009 01:37 PM

I'll try that. I actually have Twilight Princess so I'll check it out wednesday at my day off. Is that where you can download Brawl+ too?

Phoenix Gamma Jun 8th, 2009 01:50 PM

Brawl+ requires you to download Gecko OS (basically, a cheat program like Action Replay or Gameshark) because it isn't technically a mod in the literal sense; all the changes (loading custom costumes, increasing specific attack speed or damage) are just codes that are loaded through Gecko. You can still play normal Brawl by not loading Gecko.

I've got the links for BannerBomb, Homebrew (HackMii), Emulators, and Brawl+ all bookmarked if you need me to email them to you or something, but it's really just a matter of putting things in folders and pressing A.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 8th, 2009 02:11 PM

That's not so bad. I'll get back to you on wednesday when I have some time to fool around with it. Thank you :)

Guitar Woman Jun 10th, 2009 01:56 PM

7th Saga!

It's awesome!

Phoenix Gamma Jun 10th, 2009 07:21 PM

Got Tiger Woods for the Wii because I wanted to try the Wii Motion Plus.

I'm real bad at golf.

"That was the worst putt I've ever seen" :(

Sam Jun 10th, 2009 07:45 PM

PROTOTYPE IS RAD

bigtimecow Jun 10th, 2009 07:56 PM

FUCK YOU PG I POSTED THIS ENORMOUS GUIDE IN THE MOTHER3 THREAD ABOUT SOFTMODDING THE WII

GODDAMN YOU GETTING THE SHORTCUT BECAUSE OF ADVANCES IN TECHNOLOGY

edit: i wonder why my infamous trophies aren't showing up in my sig

also, a friend started infamous being good, but yet during the first mission with the food, people were like "yeah!" "alright!" and happy and shit, then a cutscene plays and apparently everyone still hates him, started throwing rocks. this morality system is so broken (SEE FALLOUT3 FOR COMPARISON)

LordSappington Jun 10th, 2009 08:25 PM

My friend loaned me GTA4. I finally got around to the missions, and I don't think I'm even a quarter through them yet. It's both entertaining and frustrating.

Guitar Woman Jun 10th, 2009 08:29 PM

The one I hated most was where you had to chase down and kill the Lost gang member, because he gets a badass speedy hog and you get a fucking honda to follow him with. And you can't actually kill him until he calls his friends up in the park and you get into a gunfight with them on foot.

I figured I'd just shoot him off his bike right after the mission started and that would be that, but noooooooo, he gets arbitrary godmode for five minutes.

Kilgore Cod Jun 10th, 2009 08:34 PM

Haven't been playing much lately...mostly Street Fighter 4 for the PS3 and Geometry Wars: Galaxies on the DS.

LordSappington Jun 10th, 2009 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 632685)
The one I hated most was where you had to chase down and kill the Lost gang member, because he gets a badass speedy hog and you get a fucking honda to follow him with. And you can't actually kill him until he calls his friends up in the park and you get into a gunfight with them on foot.

I figured I'd just shoot him off his bike right after the mission started and that would be that, but noooooooo, he gets arbitrary godmode for five minutes.

I wasted so much ammo for my shiny new micro-uzi on that bastard's back. >:

Phoenix Gamma Jun 10th, 2009 09:05 PM

Okay so frisbee golf in Tiger Woods is totally one-to-one. The only problem is I can't throw frisbees for shit, so I get the same horrible results in the game as I do in real life :(

Still, the game recognized all of my hand motions, so if I wanted to throw the disc at my own face, I could.

Dimnos Jun 10th, 2009 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 632700)
Okay so frisbee golf in Tiger Woods is totally one-to-one. The only problem is I can't throw frisbees for shit, so I get the same horrible results in the game as I do in real life :(

Still, the game recognized all of my hand motions, so if I wanted to throw the disc at my own face, I could.

Yeah but at home your beer stays cold in the fridge. :)

OxBlood Jun 16th, 2009 03:06 AM

Alternating between Red Faction Guerilla, Star Ocean, Onechanbara (What? It was like 6 Bucks :D) and Folklore...and there´s Prototype still on the way, as well as Nights in the Nightmare (already played the ROM a bit, very interesting game)...gonna be a tight month for my wallet...

Karmapolice Jun 16th, 2009 09:33 AM

I'm playing Sims 3 and Armed Assault 2.

MetalMilitia Jun 16th, 2009 09:48 AM

ARMA2 isn't out yet - beta? Is it good?

Karmapolice Jun 16th, 2009 10:37 AM

I got the EU version. So far I like it, it's pretty good in my book especially if you're into realistic tactical sims.

Dimnos Jun 16th, 2009 10:50 AM

PROTOTYPE!!

stevetothepast Jun 16th, 2009 12:35 PM

What's your impression on Prototype Dimnos, and did you get the new map pack for CoD?

Dimnos Jun 16th, 2009 02:03 PM

It was a little slow to start off. They have a prologue that is very linear and then the actual game starts up and the first few missions that are the tutorial are also rather linear. After all that crap though the game truly opens up to be a sandbox game and its quite bad ass. Im not really that far into yet, I just picked it up last night. But so far its great.

No I havnt picked up the new map pack yet. I will probably do that this weekend though.

stevetothepast Jun 16th, 2009 02:35 PM

The 2nd set is much better than the first map pack

Dimnos Jun 16th, 2009 02:44 PM

I would hope. The only reason I got the first pack was for the zombie map.

Dimnos Jun 17th, 2009 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 633767)
It was a little slow to start off. They have a prologue that is very linear and then the actual game starts up and the first few missions that are the tutorial are also rather linear. After all that crap though the game truly opens up to be a sandbox game and its quite bad ass. Im not really that far into yet, I just picked it up last night. But so far its great.The game OWNS! GO GET IT!

There that is better. Prototype, pick it up! :rock

bigtimecow Jun 17th, 2009 11:04 AM

i really want to purchase FFVII over psn, but i'm not sure if i can even dedicate myself to that. i start so many RPGs, get close to the end, and never finish. see mother3 and chrono trigger :( :( :(

Phoenix Gamma Jun 17th, 2009 01:23 PM

Tried Rakugaki Showtime today. It's a PSX game like Power Stone, except with an emphasis on throwing things (think super violent dodgeball) and a weird crayon art style. Also, Marina Liteyears is an unlockable character, which is pretty much the only reason I'm playing the game :D

I want to play Mischief Makers again, but my gamepad is broken and it's not on Virtual Console :(

Quote:

see mother3 and chrono trigger
Oh for fuck's sake.

Guitar Woman Jun 17th, 2009 03:20 PM

I still haven't touched Mother 3 after chapter 4 :\

Dr. Boogie Jun 17th, 2009 06:28 PM

That game you were harping on for months on the run-up to the release of the translation? Why the hell not?

MetalMilitia Jun 17th, 2009 06:29 PM

Because it's more important for guitar woman to be seen to be playing obscure jRPGs than for him to actually play them.

bigtimecow Jun 17th, 2009 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 633915)
Oh for fuck's sake.

;_;

bigtimecow Jun 17th, 2009 09:29 PM

i just beat infamous (YUP, FINISHED A GAME; well the main story anyway) and
Spoilers!

just like EVERYTHING in life, the ending always sucks major cock

Sam Jun 17th, 2009 09:59 PM

that's what you get for finishing a game. :(

Zomboid Jun 17th, 2009 11:08 PM

I'm playing Fallout 3 again. After hanging out with a buddy who had been playing it with the download packs, I decided to do the same.

Buuuut, I also played through Symphony of the Night and then Aria of Sorrow in the past couple weeks.

OxBlood Jun 18th, 2009 03:54 AM

Gotta say, I saw that Infamous-Twist coming as soon as I did some of the Deaddrop-Missions...just too obvious in some conversations. But a good game anyway.

Played Prototype for 4 hours yesterday and it doesn´t seem nearly as bad as some reviews make it look. Graphics are nothing special, so what? It´s a fun game to play so far. More fun than Red Faction I gotta admit.

stevetothepast Jun 18th, 2009 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 633988)
Because it's more important for guitar woman to be seen to be playing obscure jRPGs than for him to actually play them.

haha we all know the type

Fathom Zero Jun 19th, 2009 06:38 PM

I played Prototype and it's just so goddamn silly that I can't take it seriously. I've been playing the shit out of Ghostbusters, though.

Really, this game is abso-fucking-lutely beautiful. And it's so much fun.

I took a friend who had never seen the movies and put him into the game and he couldn't stop playing. He almost missed his college orientation he was that into it.

Nick Jun 20th, 2009 02:05 AM

I had fun with inFamous, now I'm tearing through Red Faction and Ghostbusters. They're quite good.

executioneer Jun 20th, 2009 08:08 AM

renting ghostbusters, idk the gameplay seems a little too repetitive for it to rank more than a c+ :/

Ant10708 Jun 20th, 2009 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 634500)
Really, this game is abso-fucking-lutely beautiful. And it's so much fun.

I took a friend who had never seen the movies and put him into the game and he couldn't stop playing. He almost missed his college orientation he was that into it.

What system are you playing it on? How is the story?

MarioRPG Jun 20th, 2009 12:32 PM

I started playing Lego Indiana Jones for some reason.

LordSappington Jun 20th, 2009 03:27 PM

I just started Mirror's Edge. That game's frickin' hard! I always run into a group of cops with shotguns, and before I can change directions my head is a smear on the ground.

Fathom Zero Jun 20th, 2009 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant10708 (Post 634637)
What system are you playing it on? How is the story?

I have it on the PS3, which is the same as the 360 and PC version. The story is silly, and it's really a lot of fan-service thus far, as in "HERE. NOW WE HAVE TO FIGHT 'X-GHOST' FROM BEFORE IN A FAMILIAR PLACE." I dunno. I just finished up the Library, which is the third level and it's all about the Librarian from the first movie. The second big story fight is with the Stay Puft Marshmellow Man.

The story is alright for what it is.

LordSappington Jun 20th, 2009 10:01 PM

Scratch that, I just BEAT Mirror's Edge. I thought it was pretty amazing, if not short. The music was equally amazing.

OxBlood Jun 22nd, 2009 05:04 AM

Beat Prototype yesterday. Lame Boss, but a really nice game...waiting for Knights in the Nightmare to arrive from the depths of Hong Kong.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 22nd, 2009 09:25 AM

Working on Metroid Fusion to complete my canon Metroid run. I really like the game; Samus feels really agile, the story is rad, and the game really likes to fuck with you.

darkvare Jun 23rd, 2009 10:39 AM

just finished the 4 kingdom hearts it took me back to when i loved my good ol disney movies

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 23rd, 2009 11:12 AM

Mario Party 7 because my cousin didn't unlock Birdo. Birdo for the nguyen!

LordSappington Jun 24th, 2009 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 634885)
Working on Metroid Fusion to complete my canon Metroid run. I really like the game; Samus feels really agile, the story is rad, and the game really likes to fuck with you.

+There were so many parts in that game that I can't figure out how anyone knew how to beat before I discovered GameFAQs.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 24th, 2009 01:05 AM

Really? I just finished it, and I never used a walkthrough. It helps to really check every nook and cranny. I also stocked up on Super Bombs and used them pretty frequently. Adam also makes progression a lot easier since he tells you what part of the map to progress towards.

At least it never does anything totally obscure and weird, like how you unlock the water level in Super Metroid. Sure, it was cool, but how was I supposed to know to do that?

Angryhydralisk Jun 24th, 2009 10:32 AM

Speaking of that logo, I've been playing my old Super Nintendo a lot lately. It still works since I got it in 1991! Mainly playing...

Super Punch-Out! (Special Circuit is a bitch, made the World Circuit look lik e a joke.)
Super Mario Kart
Paperboy 2 (The best one to me IMO)
Earthbound
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
the Pocky & Rocky games
Mario All-Stars
Super Mario World

The games I should be playing on the SNES:
Super Castlevania 4

MetalMilitia Jun 24th, 2009 01:15 PM

Just been playing ARMA 2 recently. Awesomely complicated game but really realistic and great fun when things are going well.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 24th, 2009 01:32 PM

Pocky and Rocky is awesome. You need to play some Lufia 2 son.

Fathom Zero Jun 24th, 2009 02:25 PM

Plants vs. Zombies, silly billys/

executioneer Jun 24th, 2009 07:18 PM

journey, infocom's last developed game. it's really good, and i wish they'd made the whole trilogy >: stupid activision, stupid cornerstone

Phoenix Gamma Jun 25th, 2009 05:08 AM

Trying out Devil Survivor on the DS. It's as if they took the story from The World Ends With You, the combat of a Persona game, the monster collecting from any SMT, and turn-based strategy from FFTactics and made one weird visual novel. I kinda like it, but the difficulty ramped up pretty fast.

stevetothepast Jun 25th, 2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angryhydralisk (Post 635083)
Speaking of that logo, I've been playing my old Super Nintendo a lot lately. It still works since I got it in 1991! Mainly playing...

Super Punch-Out! (Special Circuit is a bitch, made the World Circuit look lik e a joke.)
Super Mario Kart
Paperboy 2 (The best one to me IMO)
Earthbound
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
the Pocky & Rocky games
Mario All-Stars
Super Mario World

The games I should be playing on the SNES:
Super Castlevania 4

The games you should be playing: Joe and Mac, incantation, and Link to the past of course

Zomboid Jun 25th, 2009 05:02 PM

Fallout 3 (the new add-on, Point Lookout, specifically)

Fathom Zero Jun 25th, 2009 05:10 PM

Does anyone know if the Fallout 3 DLC is available through the Steam version?

LordSappington Jun 25th, 2009 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 635099)
Pocky and Rocky is awesome. You need to play some Lufia 2 son.

I loved that game! I used to play it with my friend in fifth grade, then forgot about it. I jsut beat it last year, and damn the ending sucked.

Dusk Jun 25th, 2009 09:53 PM

Contra Spirits, Zen: Intergalactic Ninja, Ghostbusters for the Genesis, Doom, and Doom 3.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 27th, 2009 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 635318)
I loved that game! I used to play it with my friend in fifth grade, then forgot about it. I jsut beat it last year, and damn the ending sucked.

hahahaha :(

The majority of L2 is awesome but then they remembered that it was a prequel so you basically had to win the game to make it canon. Playing through it a 2nd time is awesome because you get double xp and money so the 50 level descending ancient cave dungeon isn't so bad.

Sam Jun 27th, 2009 01:52 PM

I just got Call of Duty: World at War on 360 and I need someone to play it with. :(

bigtimecow Jun 27th, 2009 03:57 PM

I FUCKING FINISHED MOTHER 3 YESTERDAY

and it was great :D now i'll probably try to finish chrono trigger without losing interest :p then buying either ff7 or mgs on psn, or both :x

Fathom Zero Jun 27th, 2009 10:44 PM

Zeno Clash was 50% off, so I jumped in.

It's a weird fucking game.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 27th, 2009 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtimecow (Post 635577)
I FUCKING FINISHED MOTHER 3 YESTERDAY

and it was great :D now i'll probably try to finish chrono trigger without losing interest :p then buying either ff7 or mgs on psn, or both :x

You and I both know that you will never finish FF7.

Ever.

Fathom Zero Jun 27th, 2009 11:46 PM

executioneer Jun 28th, 2009 01:11 AM

i played 1 vs 100 on live and really enjoyed it a lot and will continue playing it :embarrassed

stevetothepast Jun 28th, 2009 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 635564)
I just got Call of Duty: World at War on 360 and I need someone to play it with. :(

me and dimnos both have it

my XBL name is kailad123

bigtimecow Jun 28th, 2009 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 635609)
You and I both know that you will never finish FF7.

Ever.

i know :( guh but i waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant to!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH :tear :tear :tear :tear :tear :tear

also got back to playing assassin's creed and restarting infamous on hard being good. yay

Fathom Zero Jun 28th, 2009 08:13 PM

Infamous: Hard Mode is HARD.

bigtimecow Jun 28th, 2009 10:13 PM

i know :( medium was hard enough. and being evil made things a bit easier because i could just bio leech anyone and regain all my energy back. this is going to suck :(

Zomboid Jun 29th, 2009 03:11 AM

TMNT: Turtles in Time RESHELLED is scheduled to hit xbox live arcade on the 22nd. On the 1st, Worms Armageddon :O!!!!!

executioneer Jun 29th, 2009 05:46 AM

holy hand grenades, batman :o

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 29th, 2009 01:04 PM

Can't wait for worms. We still play it on PS1 and the graphics start straining my eyes.

:CONCRETEDONKEY

MarioRPG Jun 29th, 2009 05:33 PM

It's about time to see that game get more love. Even though people still netplay it.

Nick Jun 29th, 2009 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 635707)
Infamous: Hard Mode is HARD.

I did so well on normal, the game bumped me up to hard and even gave me the hard mode trophy at the end. :3

bigtimecow Jun 29th, 2009 09:00 PM

by that do you mean that you got bumped up to hard after traveling underneath the bridge after the 2nd mission? because i think most people got that, asswipe

Fathom Zero Jun 30th, 2009 12:14 AM

Oh that's fucking gay.

All you have to do is forcibly suck the whole game, then have it up you to hard.

YOU SUCK. Also, I got Hard Mode at the end of the first mission.

timrpgland Jun 30th, 2009 12:31 AM

I still play GTAIV on a regular basis :/

MetalMilitia Jun 30th, 2009 06:37 AM

Still trying to play ARMA2 but it is very difficult.

I've got one other friend that plays so we usually get on Vent and just do our own thing. Obviously not trying to clear out a whole objective but we set ourselves tasks like taking out T90s and such. It's cool because at the main base you have a whole load of ammo boxes full with practically anything you could want - Javelin missiles, SMAWs, rifles, sniper rifles, satchel charges etc. So what we were doing last night was loading the boot on a Humvee full of weapons then driving to a wooded hill overlooking a tank concentration. After observing it for several minutes we took a few tentative shots at a patrolling T90, which alearted the enemy to our presence and ultimately led to us both getting killed. Fun though, and if we'd had a couple more squad mates we could've done a lot more damage.

bigtimecow Jun 30th, 2009 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 635863)
Oh that's fucking gay.

All you have to do is forcibly suck the whole game, then have it up you to hard.

YOU SUCK. Also, I got Hard Mode at the end of the first mission.

XACTLY DUED

Dr. Boogie Jun 30th, 2009 04:13 PM

I tried the demo for ArmA 2 the other day, but it ran like shit on my computer for some reason.

The point is it's MM's fault.

MetalMilitia Jun 30th, 2009 07:24 PM

Yeah a lot of people have been having performance problems. Apparently it's being worked on for the next patch. Though even with optimisations I still think it'll be a CPU/GPU/memory hog because of the huge amount of detail in the maps.

The other thing is I can't imagine much gets achieved in the demo as everyone will be inexperienced and it takes at least a couple of weeks of consistent play to find your feet in this game. To find good team-mates you'll probably need a full version (though even the full version is full of tossers).

Sam Jun 30th, 2009 08:24 PM

WRECKING FOOLS IN BLAZBLUE

JUGGLING HOT SHOTS GOLF 2 ON PSP AND THE NEW SMT ON DS

FistfulOAwesome Jun 30th, 2009 09:20 PM

Garou: Mark of the Wolves is quickly becoming a favorite of me and my brother's. The characters are all extremely well designed (i.e. they look like fighters (most of them, anyway) and are fun to play), the system works very well (sort-of like SF but with 4 buttons rather than 6), and the entire presentation is gorgeous. It almost feels like blasphemy to say that it might actually be better than SFIII (which currently holds my position for best fighter, but maybe not for much longer).

I just finished playing NSMB again. Sadly, my feelings haven't changed. It's still a disappointment for a Mario game. 16 years we wait, and all we get is a passable platformer. Mario shouldn't be passable, or adequate. He should be Glorious. I really hope Nintendo steps it up to their A game for NSMBW, because I honestly felt that the 2D sections of Galaxy felt more like 2D Mario than NSMB did.

I also finished Metroid Prime 3 again. I seriously underrated that game. While it is the worst of the Metroid Prime games (bosses, story, levels, item usage all step down in quality from the previous games), it's still damn good. The Grapple Lasso is featured prominently and is fun to use (though I wish it had more importance that it did. If they make a 4th 3D Metroid game maybe they'll find more use for it), there are still some nuggets of genius bosses and levels, and the soundtrack is Kenji Yamamoto's usual Atmospheric brilliance. The controls are absolutely fantastic. The Wii has no excuse not to have fantastic FPS's when MP3 so clearly shows how an FPS should play on the console. They work so well that I'm going to buy the Trilogy so I don't have to feel weird playing Prime 1 and 2 later. Get the Trilogy when it comes out so you can play these 3 great games.

SFII: Remix still gets plenty of play. The designer of the game (David Sirlin (sirlin.net) did a fantastic job rebalancing the cast. They all play much better than they did in Super Turbo. He did so great that I felt no need to keep SFIV (sold it on eBay) since it paled in comparison. The ST and new art are great too.

Phoenix Gamma Jun 30th, 2009 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 636001)
WRECKING FOOLS IN BLAZBLUE

JUGGLING HOT SHOTS GOLF 2 ON PSP AND THE NEW SMT ON DS

FUCK YEA DEVIL SUMMONER IS AWESOME.
FOUR PARTIES OF THREE PYRO JACKS ON ONE MAP IS NOT SO AWESOME. GODDAMMIT STOP REFILLING ALL OF YOUR HP. OH JESUS YOU'RE BURNING MY ENTIRE PARTY NOW.

I'm also playing a certain rhythm game that I think LordSappington might like, but I'm to embarrassed to mention the name :(

Also, my copy of BlazBlue is an hour's drive away but they didn't deliver it, so I'm pretty bummed. Been killing the time with Madworld, which is pretty fun. The graphics make it hard to see, though.

Sam Jun 30th, 2009 11:51 PM

I keep on fusioning new demons on SMT:DS and then I feel like I just ruined my parties and freak out.

Are you going to play BlazBlue on 360 or PS3? :(

Phoenix Gamma Jul 1st, 2009 01:37 AM

I keep certain demons, but I try to balance the parties. What I do when I see a nice fusion is run to the Auction and just buy duplicates of what I need, then fuse those guys instead. That way I don't lose someone I might want to stick around.

I'm playing BlazBlue on PS3. Don't own a 360, but even if I did, the PS3 has a nicer D-Pad.

OxBlood Jul 1st, 2009 03:53 AM

Okay, so now it is Valkyria Chronicles and Knights in the Nightmare, which are both awesome. Ordered a Demon Souls from Hong Kong as well, I just hope it doesn´t get stuck in customs/toll (whatever the correct word may be in this sentence) again like Knights...BUT it came with the nice Artbook, which I didn´t expect, so it´s okay.

Phoenix Gamma Jul 1st, 2009 06:22 PM

BlahzBlue finally arrived after UPS dragged out a 10 minute trip for 6 hours :(

I kinda prefer Guilty Gear. It just feels like BB has less options and a slower pace. Maybe I just need to play around some more. The repetitive sound bites are also pretty annoying (YOU'RE NOT HUMAN! YOU'RE NOT HUMAN! MAJOR! MAJOR! OPTIC BARREL! OPTI-MAJOR!)

The art book was also pretty disappointing too; only 31 pages. I guess the print quality is nice, though. And the additional "how to play" disc is pretty handy.

Sam Jul 1st, 2009 06:34 PM

Figuring out how to get 100% in the story modes is going to be a pain in the ass. :(

Phoenix Gamma Jul 1st, 2009 06:36 PM

It's a visual novel, right? Just respond to things differently.

Sam Jul 1st, 2009 08:34 PM

YOU THINK THAT, UNTIL YOU DO EVERYTHING AND STILL DON'T HAVE 100% :rolleyes

Zomboid Jul 1st, 2009 08:38 PM

WORMS ARMAGEDDON!