I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Tales from the Longbox #26: "U.S. 1, Part Two"! (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69699899)

MockBot Jun 6th, 2008 05:09 PM

Tales from the Longbox #26: "U.S. 1, Part Two"!

Automatically generated comment thread for Tales from the Longbox #26: "U.S. 1, Part Two"!.

captain516 Jun 6th, 2008 06:47 PM

Adding aliens and nazis usually makes everything cooler, but nothing can save this book- especially when you have FREAKING TRUCK RACES IN SPACE.

BigMac500 Jun 6th, 2008 08:15 PM

Looks like you repeated a picture on the last page, Proto.

Colonel Flagg Jun 6th, 2008 09:23 PM

Yes, but what a picture! Jefferson Archer encased in a giant sperm! It deserves special treatment, don't you think?

Awesome Longbox, Proto. And worth the wait.

Doctor_Who Jun 6th, 2008 10:58 PM

I still can't believe such a comic series actually ever existed. It's like suddenly learning that everything I ever believed about comics was a lie.

This needs to be made into a movie. Or maybe a television show. Something! The world must be told about the metal-skulled space trucker with his silver dollar and psychotic brother.

Mockery Jun 6th, 2008 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMac500 (Post 559460)
Looks like you repeated a picture on the last page, Proto.

Fixed it.

From now on, I'm going to climb on words to escape from any difficult situation. Also, the very last photo in the article should be printed out as a poster and hung proudly on everybody's walls.

blacksamster Jun 7th, 2008 12:55 AM

RUMP! BIIIIIIIKE! CRUMP!

Dungeonbrownies Jun 7th, 2008 02:24 AM

that was insane. every single bit nothing but over exaggerated deus ex machina and predictable archetypes. ridiculous, but awesome, but crazy.

Copper Jun 7th, 2008 04:22 AM

I love how "semi-enthusiasts" in the recap box informing us of the issue in which the truck became mentally controlable can be read as both people fond of semis or people only slightly enthused by this comic.

greenimp Jun 7th, 2008 06:01 AM

"Like a dog gone mad, US-1's pursuit stops when it reaches the end of its leash."
this got me thinking, what if trucks were like dogs?

"does oo want to go drivseys!?" "does my widdew trucky wucky want his fue fue!?" "aww, aw, no... the bloody things spilt oil everywhere! margret, get th/ no! bad truck you are a very VERY BAD TRUCK!!!, thats it, i'm locking it outside for the night, out you go, go on... STOP SCRATCHING AT THE DOOR!!!, (sigh) i knew we should never have gotten billy that damn truck for his birthday..."

Tom Foolery Jun 7th, 2008 09:59 AM

Could this comic be the long forgotten and enigmatic prequel to the smash hit of 1996, "Space Truckers"? This really needs to be adapted to film. The epic battle of Nazis versus Truckers, alone, would sell tickets. I suggest Wilford Brimley for the role of Wide Load Annie. Either him or King Kong Bundy. Maybe Clay Aiken could play U.S. Archer. I smell a blockbuster here.

Colonel Flagg Jun 7th, 2008 05:07 PM

I just remembered - if Jefferson and US were run off the road by a truck in the first comic, then who was driving the other truck? Did Jeff have the same power of "remote drivability" that US had? Or is this a question better off unasked?

And Clay Aiken should play Retread, hands down!

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 7th, 2008 05:18 PM

So, I was trying to think of who Wide Load Annie reminds me of....

Jonathan Winters in drag. Dead on

Aries Jun 7th, 2008 06:44 PM

If this comic is made into a movie, there's only one director worthy of the job. Uwe Boll!

Rodan Jun 7th, 2008 07:59 PM

Holy crap! I just realized!
I am 99% certain that the Short Stop in Space (complete with Wide Load) guest-starred in a She-Hulk comic from a while back that I own!

Mike P Jun 7th, 2008 11:43 PM

That appearance also featured a trucker in an electrified pig suit. US Archer Profile on Marvel Appendix

Nick Jun 8th, 2008 12:47 AM

Marvel should spend less time on cross overs and more time on comics like this.

Fear N Loathing Jun 8th, 2008 01:23 AM

my brain hurts...

Commanderraf Jun 8th, 2008 09:17 PM

Epic...
Just epic...

But if the airbrakes didn't work in space, how come the engine worked? How did the fuel was burned? What gave them the impulse to travel through space? The wheels?...

Ok, gotta go now before I start analyzing this and my head explodes.

Tetsu Deinonychus Jun 9th, 2008 01:57 AM

I fear this comic is the result of watching "Smokey and the Bandit" while on LSD!

Kirbykid Jun 9th, 2008 03:13 AM

.... My head hurts now...

But this shit is insane!! They really should bring back some stuff and characters from this madness, like maybe Wide Load is a Skrull or something like that.

Icculus Jun 9th, 2008 11:09 AM

I had a case of white line fever once. It made me listen to techno all night, I couldn't sleep, but this comic made a lot more sense.

rizzo Jun 9th, 2008 12:30 PM

Holy crap space truckers with cybernetic CB brains. The drugs must have been so much better in the 70's...

Desert_Screams Jun 10th, 2008 08:22 PM

Suitably deranged coverage of a thoroughly deranged series. Very well done!

And that's the old Marvel so many of us miss, just ludicrous enough to be interesting, over the top at every opportunity, and rarely taking itself too seriously like some Very Special Episode in which Arnold gets dysentery from an undercooked cheese doodle.

If this series made it past the development stage in 2008, Wolverine would be in every other issue-- alternating with Spider-Man-- and since Frank Miller would be writing the whole series, it would be The Goddamn Truckstop and The Goddamn Brainwave Controls....

es-1 Jun 11th, 2008 03:13 AM

Um, did anybody notice that the last issue of US-1 was guest-pencilled by STEVE FUCKING DITKO?