I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Nintendo 3DS (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69706341)

Phoenix Gamma Mar 28th, 2011 07:13 PM

Nintendo 3DS

It's officially out in every country that matters. Anyone besdies me pick it up?

Personally, as soon as I played it at PAX East, I was sold. The AR cards in particular are pretty great and can make for some fantastic games in the future. And the 3D actually makes some games look better (Street Fighter).

Haven't had problems with battery life; my workplace is in a mall so I leave it in Sleep Mode for 8 hours to collect children('s Miis) and earn coins. I actually like the idea of coins, but I hate that there's a hard limit on how many you can earns (you can use the coins you earn from walking to buy shit in games.)

Oh, and Face Raiders is fucking awesome. Half the fun of the 3DS right now is just the system's prepacked software. Oh! And Friendcodes are tied to the system now! Fucking finally! Here's mine: 4210-3992-7704

Anyone else pick it up and try any games? I've got Street Fighter and Pilotwings keeping me company along with the built in software. Street Fighter is actually pretty fucking fantastic on the system, and the multiplayer matched I've done have been great.

Dr. Boogie Mar 28th, 2011 07:55 PM

Nah, too expensive and not enough good games out yet. Gonna wait and see where this goes in a few months before I think about getting one.

Chojin Mar 28th, 2011 08:41 PM

i generally hate handhelds because i spend most of my time at home or school or work, where i either have access to television technology or am not allowed to play games.

MarioRPG Mar 28th, 2011 09:26 PM

I've never had a handheld system, but now that this is out DS prices may take a dive on Kijiji or whatever so I might pick one of those up.

darkvare Mar 28th, 2011 09:53 PM

i wish i had cash but sadly no, cause i really really want sf4

zerothree Mar 28th, 2011 11:38 PM

Picked mine up early in the morning on day one and I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far. I bought Ridge Racer and SSF43D. The 3D effects are pretty impressive, more so with Ridge Racer than Street Fighter. As it was mentioned in the first post, Face Raiders is fucking awesome. Very cool of Nintendo to have the built-in games not be throwaways.

As for the battery life, with wifi turned on the 3D at full blast and street pass running, it can take a toll (about a 3 hour lifespan). Today I took it out and about played for about a hour and kept it in sleep mode for the rest of the afternoon... 7 hours later and the battery is still over halfway charged.

So yeah, the 3DS is pretty rad. I really can't wait until the high profile games start coming out.

Phoenix Gamma Mar 29th, 2011 12:50 AM

Try Street Fighter in the 3D game mode specifically. It's REALLY hard to play that way, but hot damn, it's fucking pretty.

I'm slowing getting used to the controls now. Got a five win streak online with my girl Cammy and my mixups are slowly coming back to me. Just need to get used to playing the rest of my dudes and it'll be just like at home. Also, I like that they included all the costumes right out of the gate. Chug a dick, DLC.

Mockery Mar 29th, 2011 04:40 AM

Chojin Mar 29th, 2011 08:04 AM

i have a lynx, but no slime world :<

Mockery Mar 29th, 2011 03:09 PM

That's like owning an awesome video game system with a bajillion games, but no controllers. Go get it on eBay... it sells for under 10 bux usually.

Also, I like portable systems, but I usually only play a couple of games a lot and then end up neglecting the thing. I'm happy with my DS (and the R4 card) so I think I'm gonna pass on the 3DS unless it releases some amazing game that I can't live without.

Dimnos Mar 29th, 2011 03:27 PM

The new kid icarus is really tempting me to get one. :\

Phoenix Gamma Mar 29th, 2011 03:58 PM

I can't play Kid Icarus cause I'm a lefty. Tried it at PAX East and was heartbroken. Hopefully they add a second control option.

I took a break from Street Fighter (I can do Cammy's tiger uppercut version of the Canon Strike now! Thanks 3DS!) to play Pilotwings, which is pretty nice and a great way to kill a few minutes. The squirrel suit is pretty boss, and flying into a 3D volcano is pretty cool.

Oh, and some chubby chick uploaded a 3D photo of her tits for strangers to look at on their systems. It was more creepy than erotic.

Pentegarn Mar 29th, 2011 07:56 PM

My Virtual Boy senses are tingling

Mockery Mar 29th, 2011 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 716384)
I can't play Kid Icarus cause I'm a lefty. Tried it at PAX East and was heartbroken. Hopefully they add a second control option.

Another reason why the Lynx is superior. It allows you to flip the screen so you can play any game left-handed or right-handed.

In all seriousness though, I am glad to see Kid Icarus getting some love again. I always loved the reaper who freaked out and summoned the reapettes.

Zhukov Mar 30th, 2011 11:29 PM

I'm picking mine up today, but I haven't planned which games I'll be getting. Is Zelda out yet? Also, I don't want to trade my DS in and only get about $20 for it so I think I'm just going to give it away.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 2nd, 2011 09:11 AM

I want to get a 3DS for Megaman Legends 3. :(
Possibly for a new Castlevania game too.

Mockery Apr 3rd, 2011 02:57 AM

Are they doing a 3D Castlevania on it? It'd be interesting to see how they could make that work... old 2D gameplay but with the new 3D style. Just wouldn't want it to be a first-person hack 'n slash kind o' deal.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 3rd, 2011 03:04 AM

I heard they are re releasing simons quest and the 3rd one. Hopefully a brand new 2d one too

Phoenix Gamma Apr 6th, 2011 07:39 AM

I can't imagine a world where Konami doesn't release 3 Castlevania games on a Nintendo handheld.

I'm getting so many StreetPasses at work/the mall lately. I had the weird experience of walking past a dude and thinking "oh yea, HE has a 3DS" and pulled it out after I passed him. He DID, and his Mii had cat ears. I deleted him :(

I also got a repeat StreetPass, meaning there's another dude working near me who totally needs to be my 3DS buddy.

darkvare Apr 6th, 2011 05:31 PM

that sounds weirdly homo erotic

Izlude Apr 6th, 2011 08:19 PM

Speaking of new castlevanias, how was that one for the 360, with the multiplayer... and all zoomed out and such.

I'm looking forward to getting a 3DS some day for SSFIV: 3D edition. Looks pretty awesome. That and who isnt looking forward to a 3d pokemon game!?

Fathom Zero Apr 6th, 2011 09:20 PM

Castlevania HD was boss, especially with 6 people.

Dimnos Apr 6th, 2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 716677)
I heard they are re releasing simons quest and the 3rd one. Hopefully a brand new 2d one too

:wank

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 8th, 2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izlude (Post 716834)
Speaking of new castlevanias, how was that one for the 360, with the multiplayer... and all zoomed out and such.

Mad fun. I still play it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 716839)

I just got my pair of Sonic Boots wednesday that I'll never use.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 716841)
:wank

Awwww yeaaaaaahhh{if you have a 3DS :<}

Sam Apr 8th, 2011 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 716839)

MY FAVORITE PART ABOUT IT WAS PLAYING IT WITH BILL AND NOT FATHOM ZERO EVER.