I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Thomas Haden Church/Spider-Man 3 rumors (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16800)

FS Mar 25th, 2005 01:27 PM

Thomas Haden Church/Spider-Man 3 rumors

So, apparently the web's abuzz with the rumor/fact(?) that Thomas Haden Church is playing "the" villain in the third Spider-Man movie. A lot of people seem to be convinced this villain is Venom, but when you look at the guy you can pretty much rule that out, right?

Not exactly buff like Eddie Brock, let alone Venom. I'm assuming the foundations for a Venom story might be laid in the coming movie, but a different villain's going to appear first. Who could it be?

Stiltman?

Sam Mar 25th, 2005 01:32 PM

Carnage. :eek

But I know in the comic book that Venom came first.

But that guy kind of looks like a guy who would play Carnage. :(

sports Mar 25th, 2005 01:40 PM

http://spiderman.sonypictures.com/

Click on ''Daily Bugle'' or...

Quote:

Thomas Haden Church, who was most recently nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor in Sideways, has been cast as Spider-Man's new archenemy in the next chapter of the Spider-Man® adventure, it was announced by director Sam Raimi and producers Laura Ziskin and Marvel Studios' Avi Arad.
:( I want to see Venom and Carnage team up and open up a can of whoop-ass on Spiderman and I want 6 films, not just 3.

He's too old to play Venom or Carnage.

Mad Melvin Mar 25th, 2005 02:23 PM

I´m guessing that the villain for the next movie is electro. Thomas Haden kinda reminds me of Sandman though. :/

Spectre X Mar 25th, 2005 02:58 PM

Well, Raimi detests Venom, so it probably won't be him.

Sandman or Electro could go, though.

Emu Mar 25th, 2005 02:59 PM

Venom is the only thing that could make the next spiderman movie watchable. :(

executioneer Mar 25th, 2005 03:33 PM

mysterio! :x

Schimid Mar 25th, 2005 06:12 PM

I don't know, I think he looks like a perfect Venom. Maybe that's just me.

I wanna see Mysterio as his next villain. Preferably, Rey.

ArrowX Mar 25th, 2005 06:21 PM

Fuck no man if they cleaned him up a little he could be the doc that becomes lizard? I think Mysterio would rock ass. If they mak him HobbGoblin I'll kill someone. who the fuck is going to team up with Teh new GG?

pjalne Mar 25th, 2005 06:27 PM

EDIT: Nevermind

thebiggameover Mar 25th, 2005 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Melvin
Thomas Haden kinda reminds me of Sandman though. :/

thats what im thinking....

or maybe boomerang... :lol

darkvare Mar 25th, 2005 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spectre X
Well, Raimi detests Venom, so it probably won't be him.

Sandman or Electro could go, though.

and i think they dont have rights either

ziggytrix Mar 25th, 2005 08:43 PM

how could they have the rights to spiderman and not be able to get the rights to a particular spiderman villan???

Chojin Mar 25th, 2005 09:11 PM

Don't mentally tax him - He's an ICP fan.

N00bKill3R Mar 25th, 2005 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowX
Fuck no man if they cleaned him up a little he could be the doc that becomes lizard?

They already had that guy in the second movie, he was the teacher with the one arm... fag.

ArrowX Mar 25th, 2005 11:29 PM

I forgot about that thanx for reminding me.
I think they should have Campbell there dressed as a frenchman and Cll him the Dastardly Chin and He can have conversations with his chin like in those old Kraft Dinner Commercials.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin
Don't mentally tax him - He's an ICP fan.

and mexican

DeadKennedys Mar 26th, 2005 12:09 AM

He looks exactly like Venom's host. Besides, Venom's a badass, who wouldn't pay to see him?

Immortal Goat Mar 26th, 2005 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schimid
I don't know, I think he looks like a perfect Venom. Maybe that's just me.

I wanna see Mysterio as his next villain. Preferably, Rey.

It won't be mysterio, I can guarentee it. They put him in the Spiderman 2 game, and he was a complete puss.

ziggytrix Mar 26th, 2005 12:41 AM

no one has mentioned the vulture... is he just way too gay for the big screen?

ArrowX Mar 26th, 2005 12:44 AM

I'm pretty sure Vulture Scorpion and Rhino were in teh Games of the Movie so theyre out. That sucks. I would pay motherfucking moneys for a movie with the Insideous 6 :( that would be the TITS!

ItalianStereotype Mar 26th, 2005 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sports
I want to see Venom and Carnage team up and open up a can of whoop-ass on Spiderman and I want 6 films, not just 3.

have you ever even HEARD of comic books?

Mike P Mar 27th, 2005 11:36 PM

If that that guy buffed up and dyed his hair, he would be a good Eddie Brock. I'm sure if someone hits him a few times with a board, he'd make a good Venom, as well.

I remember Raimi saying something about wanted to have the Sandman in a movie, because he would look cool to do. The only problem I have with that is that Sandman is basically a thug with superpowers, and can't carry a whole movie on his own.

N00bKill3R Mar 27th, 2005 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike P
The only problem I have with that is that Sandman is basically a thug with superpowers, and can't carry a whole movie on his own.

Double villian anyone?

Mike P Mar 28th, 2005 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N00bKill3R
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike P
The only problem I have with that is that Sandman is basically a thug with superpowers, and can't carry a whole movie on his own.

Double villian anyone?

That would work. Hm. I think the Green Goblin and the Sandman were on a trio in the comics. I'll try to find out if they were, and who was on it. Because if they did that, well, that would be pretty cool.

Ah, and if they wrote Spider-Man like Spider-Man (ie- wisecracks) and got a better actress to play Mary Jane Watson.

Zomboid Mar 28th, 2005 03:32 AM

Does no one remember batman forever and batman and robin? I'm sorry, but having two villains is just asking for bad luck and people to remember the batman series going downhill at #3.