I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Weekly Comic Review: Batman: The Long Halloween (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700751)

MockBot Oct 6th, 2008 04:53 AM

Weekly Comic Review: Batman: The Long Halloween

Automatically generated comment thread for Weekly Comic Review: Batman: The Long Halloween.

Doctor_Who Oct 6th, 2008 06:50 AM

I personally rank this one up there with Miller's DKR in terms of must-readability. It's one of my favorites. The sequel, Dark Victory, is pretty cool too.

slangislayer Oct 6th, 2008 11:27 AM

Itīs good, but read a second and third time many flaws of the plot become more and more appearant and in that end itīs a whole lot reminiscent of TDK.

Nick Oct 6th, 2008 04:02 PM

I love the artwork, except for the Joker's face. It just seems so stupid, why would he make his mouth look like that?

pac-man Oct 6th, 2008 04:10 PM

One of the best Batman stories.

captain516 Oct 6th, 2008 10:19 PM

Indeed, a great book. Belongs in every fan's library!

Ozzie Oct 7th, 2008 12:56 AM

I only wish Dark Knight had stolen even more from this. The part where they claimed Dent's old nickname was Two-Face seemed like a stupid move to me when they could have easily said many other things that would have made more sense as a nickname. (I thought for sure he was gonna say Big Bad Harv)

Godzilla Oct 7th, 2008 04:03 AM

Yea, I bought this a week or so ago. It's a pretty good read and the arts great.

And I sorta like how Tim Sale draws the Joker. It's dumb, but still pretty cool.

And Two-Face is always awesome...

Cult_Status Oct 7th, 2008 01:43 PM

This book for sure made two-face my top batman villain.

jennifer8055 Oct 8th, 2008 04:59 AM

Personally, I loved the artwork on Joker's face

JohnnyGo Oct 8th, 2008 06:02 PM

I strongly disagree with the hype surrounding this book. Without Tim Sale's magnificent art, I think more people would see right through the empty smoke and mirrors of Loeb's cliched, plot-hole ridden plot, logic-defying plot twists, completely nonsensical ending (the ending is "unsolvable" because it MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE), and one-note characterizations. All of the characters have been reduced to their most simplistic caricatures.

The entire Two-Face origin subplot is "borrowed" from BATMAN ANNUAL # 14, a story called "Eye of the Beholder," which gave Harvey fifteen times more power and tragedy in 50 pages than TLH did in thirteen issues.

whoareyou Oct 13th, 2008 02:01 PM

This one and Arkham Asylum Serious House on Serious Earth are probably my favorite bat-books. God knows they're better than the craptastic Batman and Son or it's sequel whatever the hell it's called.

RandiLu Oct 13th, 2008 07:24 PM

Say what you will about Loeb, but I personally think he's one of the best "Batman" writers besides Frank Miller. I absolutely love "Hush" as well as his other Batman comics.