I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   New Wolfenstein Trailer (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700188)

MetalMilitia Jul 16th, 2008 11:32 AM

New Wolfenstein Trailer

Raven have been keeping this one quiet for a long time but finally a teaser has surfaced: LINK

It looks good but not great - though it's difficult to get a good picture of the game from a series of 1 second long cuts.

Dimnos Jul 16th, 2008 01:43 PM

Only on xbox and ps3? wtf is that?

darkvare Jul 16th, 2008 01:50 PM

is this one gonna have hitler too? i wanna kill him again

MetalMilitia Jul 16th, 2008 01:59 PM

Says it's coming to PC on the GT page?

...unless you're talking about Wii in which case you can fuck right off.

Guitar Woman Jul 16th, 2008 04:11 PM

Wow, a shooter that lost relevance 12 years ago! Sign me up!

MetalMilitia Jul 16th, 2008 04:18 PM

Relevance? And which game would you say is "relevant", Guitar Woman?

Guitar Woman Jul 16th, 2008 04:25 PM

Alone in the Dark?

Yeah, let's go with that.

MetalMilitia Jul 16th, 2008 04:28 PM

Yeah, between the unreleased sequel to a great shooter and a terrible horror game that pretty much everyone hates, I'd go for the latter every time.

Guitar Woman Jul 16th, 2008 04:30 PM

I was making a joke, Metal Militia.

Guitar Woman Jul 16th, 2008 04:31 PM

You fuck stick.

MetalMilitia Jul 16th, 2008 04:34 PM

It's difficult to tell when all your other opinions on gaming are just as ridiculous.

Guitar Woman Jul 16th, 2008 04:38 PM

If your massive erection for Microsoft wasn't in the way you'd see that I usually supply a logical explanation of why I think a game is terrible, but ok.

MetalMilitia Jul 16th, 2008 04:49 PM

Microsoft? The game's being developed by Raven and published by Activision. What does Microsoft have to do with this?

It's funny that you think your totally uninformed opinion of something constitutes a "logical" argument. Especially when your reasoning is generally something along the lines of "This game features brown or grey and thus It's HORRIBLE!".

I think looking like Mr Spock may have gone to your head.

Guitar Woman Jul 16th, 2008 04:53 PM

I was talking more about the part where you said I don't play games before hating them because I didn't like Mass Effect, which is what I thought you were referring to when you said my taste in games was ridiculous.

If Mass Effect were a Wii game in some bizarro fantasy world where the Wii gets high budget TALKING SIMULATORS you'd probably be singing a different tune and spouting about INNOVASHUN LOL, THIS IS THE WAY OF THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTURE

Dr. Boogie Jul 16th, 2008 05:13 PM

So, he said he liked Mass Effect, and you're saying that if it were on the Wii, he would still say that he likes it?

Guitar Woman Jul 16th, 2008 05:17 PM

He would be saying it in sarcasm.

Tadao Jul 16th, 2008 05:37 PM

What's your problem GW, it's not like you pay for your games anyways.

Guitar Woman Jul 16th, 2008 05:39 PM

I just really like complaining about when people make things I don't like.

Also I actually do pay for my console games, and PC games every now and then too!

MetalMilitia Jul 16th, 2008 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 569051)
I was talking more about the part where you said I don't play games before hating them because I didn't like Mass Effect, which is what I thought you were referring to when you said my taste in games was ridiculous.

If Mass Effect were a Wii game in some bizarro fantasy world where the Wii gets high budget TALKING SIMULATORS you'd probably be singing a different tune and spouting about INNOVASHUN LOL, THIS IS THE WAY OF THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTURE

Okay let's just back up a moment. So Wolfenstien is irrelevant because, unlike 16 years ago, today everyone hates shooters? Right that makes perfect logical sense (btw, someone better tell Bethesda about this as I hear they're making a sequel to some old game).

Furthermore I've got a massive boner for Microsoft presumably because a game I like was published on their console. Yep, nothing wrong there either.

And finally if Mass Effect was published on Wii I would be sarcastic about it... or something... for some reason. Well that's not important - you already nailed me with the first two.

Guitar Woman Jul 16th, 2008 06:02 PM

Quote:

Furthermore I've got a massive boner for Microsoft presumably because a game I like was published on their console. Yep, nothing wrong there either.
Well, now, I certainly wasn't implying that this was the reason, but your HOLY CRUSADE with Zomboid to disgrace Nintendo's name certainly doesn't give me any other impression.

I care about Wolfenstein really, really hard. I honestly enjoyed the original, as dated as it is, but I don't think anything about it has warranted any sort of follow up. The main selling point when it came out was that you were running around maiming Nazis, but after the market's been drowned in the river of shit that is WWII shooters I for one have had enough of that to last me a lifetime.

If Mass Effect were on the Wii you would never play it; just look at a few screenshots involving wii sensitive actions and pass it off as another gimmick, sort of like a lot of people do with nearly every god damn game on the console. I mean, ok, mabye I'm being a little harsh here, but do you at least see where I'm coming from?

For a topical example of the above we can refer to Zomboid and Mario Strikers.

Admittedly, though, I think people tend to do this because of the ridiculous amount of shovelware 3rd world developers shit onto the fucking thing. I know we asked for more third party titles, but I don't think this is quite what everyone had in mind.

MetalMilitia Jul 16th, 2008 06:13 PM

Quote:

but I don't think anything about it has warranted any sort of follow up.
What about the popular Return to Castle Wolfenstein or even more popular Enemy Territory? There are a lot of Wolfenstien fans, it's a good franchise and it has a good developer.

Quote:

the market's been drowned in the river of shit that is WWII shooters
You obviously didn't even watch the trailer if you believe this is just "another WW2 shooter", and that really says it all. You didn't even bother to watch the trailer before declaring it shit.

Quote:

sort of like a lot of people do with nearly every god damn game on the console.
When Nintendo and all the other Wii developers quit making stupid gimmicky games then perhaps I'll stop calling the games stupid and gimmicky.

Guitar Woman Jul 16th, 2008 06:15 PM

Yeah, I watched it, I'm just sick of killing Germans, ok?

Can't we think of someone new to kill? Just, like, draw a bunch of nations from a hat and make a video game about them being assholes.

We could even make up something, like we used to do

MetalMilitia Jul 16th, 2008 06:19 PM

Yeah next time they make a game set during WW2 they should make it about killing Eskimos or something. This is why you should develop games, guitar women.

Besides, since Raven has been developing Wolfenstein it has been more to do with the occult and fighting monsters.

Guitar Woman Jul 16th, 2008 06:22 PM

Quote:

Yeah next time they make a game set during WW2 they should make it about killing Eskimos or something.
And why the fuck not, I ask?

MetalMilitia Jul 16th, 2008 06:29 PM

Because it's completely stupid, and wouldn't make any sense to ignore the interesting occult Nazi setting in favour of a snowy tundra inhabited by igloo-dwelling nobodies.

Oh. It just clicked why you love Nintendo so much.