I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Democrat Dick Measuring Debate #2 (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26125)

MattJack Jun 4th, 2007 06:53 AM

Democrat Dick Measuring Debate #2

Anyone catch the "debate" last night on CNN? It was pretty uneventful and it was so obvious that all of the candidates are blatant politicians. I probably won't vote anyway in 08 because your vote really doesn't matter at the end of the day, butttttt

I like Mike Gravel.

I don't know what he stands for, what his voting record is, or why he always seems like the old man in your childhood neighborhood that was always yelling, "Get the fuck off my lawn!" But I like him.

I think he is the only one on the Democrats side that really makes me want to vote. He is the only one that doesn't really come off as trying to sell me complete bullshit. Plus he seems like he would be ready to fight all his peers at the drop of a hat, what a patriot.

Kucinich is the next one that kinda doesn't seem to be just a striaght politician scumbag, but after seeing he and his wife together.. that shit just kinda creeped me out.

Anyone catch this last night besides me? If not, I'm sure you'll hear all the neat sound clips today OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Courage the Cowardly Dog Jun 17th, 2007 07:35 PM

As we all suspected Hillary came out with a dick about the size of a black man. What scared me is when asked about rubberstamping anti-terror bills she said "9-11" which they said sounded presidential.

Last i looked, things Bush does are not presidential. This makes me fear for her police/nanny state worse then Bush ever did, cause her voting record proves it.

In the Democrat primaries it appears my support goes to obama, not that I'll vote for him in the main election, you know unless the republicans do something Stupid like elect Guiliani.

Keep an eye on the Southerner, in the past 30 years we have not had a democreat from the north hold office. Carter and Clinton both won massive swingvotes from rednecks, so watch out for that one.

Fathom Zero Jun 20th, 2007 12:39 AM

I wish I could have remembered to watch it.

Nevermind.

MattJack Jun 20th, 2007 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Courage the Cowardly Dog (Post 494008)
As we all suspected Hillary came out with a dick about the size of a black man. What scared me is when asked about rubberstamping anti-terror bills she said "9-11" which they said sounded presidential.

Hillary is scarey, to me, due to the fact that she just has that "look" to her. She is scarey to me in the same way Mitt Romney is scarey. I don't trust either of them based purely on how they blatantly feed everyone bullshit with a smile.

Rubberstamping anti-terror bills? I'll assume you mean the Patriot Act?

Yes, she did vote for that, then when it came back around she voted against it (2005), and once it came back around for the 3rd time she voted for it (2006). I'm not saying that you can't change your mind on issues, buuutttt this just doesn't look very good.

She has the big bucks, which puts her chances of winning up there, but ultimately I don't think she will win.

Quote:

Last i looked, things Bush does are not presidential. This makes me fear for her police/nanny state worse then Bush ever did, cause her voting record proves it.

What policy/policies are you specifically talking about when it comes to this "police/nanny" state? Just so we can both be a little bit more clear of what we're discussing.

Quote:

In the Democrat primaries it appears my support goes to obama, not that I'll vote for him in the main election, you know unless the republicans do something Stupid like elect Guiliani.

I haven't read enough right now to know who I'd support openly on the Democrats side, but Obama seems to be just another politician to me. Like I said earlier, I'd support Mike Gravel just based off of his level of pisstivity. Yes, pisstivity.

Rudy would be Bush III. He's an imbecile.

Quote:

Keep an eye on the Southerner, in the past 30 years we have not had a democreat from the north hold office. Carter and Clinton both won massive swingvotes from rednecks, so watch out for that one.

Well being from the south, I can promise you one thing: Hillary will not gain a single southern state. Why? Well, because she simply is Hillary Clinton.

I think a lot of right wing radio and right wing news has done it's job in the sense of making Good Guys (right) and Bad Guys (left). I know that most people with half a brain realize that this is a stupid concept and laugh at it, but in the south you'd be shocked to know how many people believe this diatribe.

The south, atleast where I'm from, is extremely christian, conservative (socially), and very stuck in their ways.

The right wing media, which presents itself as sharing these values, uses the word Clinton as if it is the most evil thing that can happen to our nation. Southerns will tell you in a heartbeat that they would never, ever vote for Hillary. Then ask them why they wouldn't, and you'll see that they don't really have a reason. Just because it's Hillary Clinton.

This of course is just a piece of the puzzle that why the south won't vote for Clinton, but in my opinion, it is a very big piece.

By the way, I wouldn't vote for Clinton.

Fathom Zero Jun 21st, 2007 02:55 AM

Hay mattjack, sign this:

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/HilaryFluffDie

MattJack Jun 21st, 2007 03:03 AM

Signed and signed!

>: