I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

DuFresne Sep 15th, 2007 04:49 PM

They pricked your finger? I've never given blood, but I thought they were supposed to use that vein in the arm. Or was this just some kind of preliminary test?

Guitar Woman Sep 15th, 2007 04:51 PM

Yeah, it's the preliminary test. They need to make sure you don't have AIDS or some such, and if you have enough iron in your blood.

Something that really bothered me about the place was that it was manned by a bunch of incompetant jerks. The lady who was tending me kept fucking up the parental consent form on the computer and making it in spanish, and whenever she left for a second some other nurse would pop into the room and try to survey me again, ignoring the fact that I kept telling them I was in the middle of one already.

It took about a half hour longer than it should have. I stole a fuckton of donuts and bad urn coffee for revenge.

Sethomas Sep 15th, 2007 04:58 PM

Dude, I am religious about giving blood, but I haven't done it in too long because the only people that do it around here are the Red Cross and they're totally incompetent.

The preliminary stick is to make sure you have enough iron in your blood to be useful or capable as a donor. To test for blood-borne infections they take a few vials of a few cc's during the actual blood extraction.

RaNkeri Sep 15th, 2007 04:59 PM

So do you get nauseous on the sight of blood?

Never given blood, but they've taken an ass load of blood tests. Mostly because it helps surveying my diabetes

Guitar Woman Sep 15th, 2007 05:06 PM

No, I don't have a problem with seeing my own blood or watching people stick needles into me, but I've never done well about losing blood, even a little bit. I can stay semi-concious if it's drawn out really slowly, but even then I get fucking anemic.

I guess this makes me a giant pussy!

DuFresne Sep 15th, 2007 05:15 PM

Not really. Pussies tend to be good at bleeding!

DuFresne Sep 15th, 2007 05:15 PM

ZING!!

Fathom Zero Sep 15th, 2007 05:17 PM

Who licks their own blood?

From like an accident or something, not purposeful.

Guitar Woman Sep 15th, 2007 05:20 PM

You aren't supposed to do that, because 1) it tastes really frigging bad, and 2) if you ingest too much of your own blood, you'll vomit. It's some sort of self defense mechanism your body has.

RaNkeri Sep 15th, 2007 05:21 PM

I do! Well, more like I suck my own blood.

For every time after measuring my blood sugar I usually suck the remaining drop. It has grossed out my friends ever since elementary school times.

liquidstatik Sep 15th, 2007 06:06 PM

no way

Fathom Zero Sep 15th, 2007 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 504313)
You aren't supposed to do that, because 1) it tastes really frigging bad, and 2) if you ingest too much of your own blood, you'll vomit. It's some sort of self defense mechanism your body has.

I've never bled the required pints of blood to make me vomit, but if I had, I'm pretty sure I'd see a doctor rather than lick my wounds.

Guitar Woman Sep 15th, 2007 07:07 PM

It doesn't even have to be a bad cut. I remember slicing my mouth open the day after halloween on a really sharp lolipop, and I thought the awful salt taste was from a piece of candy gone wrong. Then about seven minutes later I was kneeling by the toilet, just in case, because I felt completely fucking awful. It was a lot of fun

MarioRPG Sep 16th, 2007 09:19 AM

What the---? This is the most pussy conversation ever. I remember I was getting blood work done and just to be a badass I watched them take the second needle/vial and fill it from my vein.

Cfr5 Sep 16th, 2007 12:17 PM

You win a raw slice of cow for being that manly!

That Man Sep 16th, 2007 03:25 PM

:bestthread

MattJack Sep 16th, 2007 03:30 PM

Fuck yall.

When they take blood from me I insist the needle has to go in my big vein on my dick.

And my dick must be hard.

And the nurse has to look in my eyes for the whole duration.

MattJack Sep 16th, 2007 03:32 PM

then they take that blood to Africa because it cures AIDs and Negro.

Fathom Zero Sep 16th, 2007 03:33 PM

hay mattjack

Fathom Zero Sep 16th, 2007 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That Man (Post 504453)
:bestthread

Oh my god, what the fuck are you doing here?

MattJack Sep 16th, 2007 03:34 PM

hey what's up buddy?

Fathom Zero Sep 16th, 2007 06:19 PM

I finally saw the Simpsons movie!

liquidstatik Sep 16th, 2007 10:07 PM

no way

That Man Sep 17th, 2007 12:28 AM

I saw the Simpsons Movie harharhar

RaNkeri Sep 17th, 2007 07:06 AM

So, That Man, how are your funny articles/writings doing? You still haven't posted any