I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Events (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   THE FORUM EVENT COMMENTARY THREAD (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20578)

nomistakinit Oct 19th, 2007 09:28 PM

That GWAR cereal box is pretty cool.

I had another band I was thinking about doing later...

J. Tithonus Pednaud Oct 20th, 2007 08:54 PM

Ha HA HA, that sleepaway camp one is hilarious.

Mockery Oct 20th, 2007 09:02 PM

hahahah holy shit @ sleepaway camp. the penis shaped cereal bits = perfection. I'm sure a lot of people won't get it cuz they haven't seen that movie, but for those who have, that's a damned good entry. Nice one, nomistakinit.

MarioRPG Oct 21st, 2007 09:52 AM

I haven't seen the movie, but I still got why it was relevant.
I gotta get entering soon!

Obscurus Lupa Oct 21st, 2007 02:11 PM

Ha ha, I read your sig just as "Bad Moon Rising" was playing on my computer.

Obscurus Lupa Oct 21st, 2007 05:42 PM

LOL! The Torgo one is my favorite so far.

MarioRPG Oct 21st, 2007 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obscurus Lupa (Post 507995)
Ha ha, I read your sig just as "Bad Moon Rising" was playing on my computer.

:)

And TORG-O's I think is the best, just for the brilliance of "The Master WOULD approve!"

J. Tithonus Pednaud Oct 23rd, 2007 12:25 AM

So, I was designing what I thought was a brilliant cereal box. I thought After Life (base on Life Ceral) was perfect, and after a few hours, it started looking a little familiar. A Google search later and behold:

Good ol'Wacky Packs.

I also came across this which, while not horror-themed, we should all still kneel before.

Uncle_Sham Oct 23rd, 2007 09:57 PM

J.t.p, i fuking love your work.

Mockery Oct 23rd, 2007 10:18 PM

J. Tithonus Pednaud, where did that Phantom Zone cereal image come from? Was that an actual Wacky Packages card from back in the day or is it just some spoof an artist did recently? That image is absolutely awesome and I love the little details like the fact that the cereal is "licorice" flavored to go in line with Zod's uniform hahah. Classic.

Also, a reminder to everybody: please post your comments in this comment thread, not in the actual contest threads. Thanks.

J. Tithonus Pednaud Oct 23rd, 2007 10:29 PM

No, it's not a wacky pack. I just found it via a Google image search. I went back to the image on my hard drive and see it's tagged by a Robb_Vision. A Google search shows nothing for that name though.

J. Tithonus Pednaud Oct 23rd, 2007 10:39 PM

I found him over on Deviant.
http://robbvision.deviantart.com/art...Crisp-62866515

MarioRPG Oct 24th, 2007 03:39 PM

Oh, my. That is nothing short of rediculous.

J. Tithonus Pednaud Oct 25th, 2007 08:55 AM

Ha, Ha, Ha - The Mighty Tor! In Beast of Yucca Flats, no less.

Beware his unleashed fury! LINK

Grislygus Oct 25th, 2007 11:58 AM

I originally wanted to do an Unearthly reference, which is my one of my favorites, but then I wouldn't have been able to use that awesome screencap.

TOR HUG FRIEND! FRIIIIEEEEEEEEND!

MarioRPG Oct 25th, 2007 03:04 PM

It looks like I won't be entering this one, I barely have the time to post. Maybe the weekend will be fruitiful.

Blue Gularis Oct 28th, 2007 06:35 AM

Taken.

Very funny stuff folks, a lot of fine looking entries.

Someone elsewhere already did MY IDEA, damn them!

(found during my material gathering image searches)

I am now shattered. Sorry to sit this one out, but now I'm too wasted anyway. Good luck to all the contestants!

See you on the other side. :squigly

Eyelobe Oct 29th, 2007 05:16 PM

Hey guys,

My entries seem to have disappeared. Were they deleted? Were they really that bad?

Obscurus Lupa Oct 30th, 2007 11:59 AM

I can still see 'em.

J. Tithonus Pednaud Oct 30th, 2007 03:57 PM

I'm a little disappointed. After the barrage of poster entries, I'm surprised that there weren't more cereal entries.

Mockery Oct 30th, 2007 07:20 PM

Eh, only reason for that is because I gave people more time to enter the last contest... I've been so busy this month I posted this one up later than I would've liked. Still, I loved the entries that we received, some great stuff in there.

Results coming soon enough :o

Eyelobe Nov 9th, 2007 12:24 AM

So who won this thing?

Emu Nov 11th, 2007 07:52 PM

Frankenslime sounds delicious :x

ZAKO the GREAT Nov 13th, 2007 10:18 PM

when will it ends?

jared Jan 19th, 2008 06:34 PM

So far Zako's Zipper Eater seems the most in the spirit of the series. The bear trap entry is mildly disturbing--it looks like Spongebob's eternal buggery in sponge-hell; and someone's let some sand get into the vaseline.