I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Why is Naruto so popular? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698186)

Emu Nov 10th, 2007 10:54 AM

Why is Naruto so popular?

>:

Can someone explain to me why this horseshit is rapidly approaching DBZ territory and why I find that its biggest fans are well into their twenties?

Uncle_Sham Nov 10th, 2007 02:16 PM

because its anime, anime is for fags, and the earth is 70% fags.

Guitar Woman Nov 10th, 2007 09:01 PM

I have no idea.

I admit that I once read a pair of Naruto comic books to get out of watching Eragon, and they were way more interesting than I expected them to be.

And extremely violent, wheras the Cartoon Network version is ridiculously censored and stuffed with filler episodes that make the series go on forever.

Angryhydralisk Nov 11th, 2007 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 510733)
I have no idea.
the Cartoon Network version is ridiculously censored and stuffed with filler episodes that make the series go on forever.

You sound like one of those otakus, except less uptight about it.

I just figured it's the trendy, lengthy anime of the times, like Inuyasha and DBZ. Except with faux-ninja tactics and goofdy headbands you an buy at Hot Topic.

noob3 Nov 11th, 2007 02:28 PM

i think it has really cool style :] but i don't watch it!

Ninjavenom Nov 11th, 2007 03:25 PM

The fact that the protagonist wears an orange jumpsuit despite training to be a ninja was enough for me to want nothing to do with it. The show is loaded to the brim with poorly designed characters and ugly art.

darkvare Nov 12th, 2007 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjavenom (Post 510796)
The fact that the protagonist wears an orange jumpsuit despite training to be a ninja was enough for me to want nothing to do with it. The show is loaded to the brim with poorly designed characters and ugly art.

i agree with that a 100% even ryu changed from purple to balck in ninja gaiden for xbox and he is like 400 times more ninja than naruto. also dbz was awesome

Dr. Boogie Nov 12th, 2007 01:28 PM

I figured nerds like it because they always go into technical outlines of every character's ninja powers.

Jomb Nov 12th, 2007 01:43 PM

I've never seen Naruto, but holy shit DBZ sucks. And I say that as someone who actually likes some anime. But what the fuck. There is no story. Its just a bunch of lame characters endlessly fighting each other. I've literally seen a simple fight between 2 wierdos go on for over a weeks worth of episodes. And why on earth does everyone float through the air at all times? It reminds of the anime version of when a bunch of dorks play D&D and the dungeon master has no self-control and makes everyone demi-gods within a week.

zeldasbiggestfan Nov 12th, 2007 11:26 PM

Naruto sounds like a lesbian and most of the fans are in fact lesbians. And if the fan is male they're turned on by the scruffly lesbian voice and is waiting for some fucked up, shuriken throwin', drop kickin' hentai.

JediScum Nov 13th, 2007 06:55 PM

I don't really know much about anime so I looked up "Naruto" on Wikipedia and found this

Dr. Boogie Nov 13th, 2007 08:28 PM

Wouldn't it have been easier to just claim that you put "faggot" in the Naruto wiki rather than to actually change it and then take a picture?

Emu Nov 14th, 2007 12:00 AM

Defacing Wikipedia is so last year.

Seven Force Nov 18th, 2007 10:20 PM

Naruto is popular because kids are fucking stupid. See also: DBZ

ZAKO the GREAT Nov 23rd, 2007 06:42 AM

i wonder how much money the manga artist can earn every year with Naruto...

ZAKO the GREAT Nov 23rd, 2007 06:48 AM

but if you guys think the anime is bad, wait until you see the cosplayers, lol

Supafly345 Nov 23rd, 2007 08:28 AM

You are suggesting that they are different from any other cosplayer?

Emu Nov 23rd, 2007 10:10 AM

Why'd they pick the huge, fat one to play the short, skinny kid?

Guitar Woman Nov 24th, 2007 07:05 PM

DBZ is awesome mabye you faggots are too stupid to appreciate it

Jomb Nov 25th, 2007 08:29 PM

I was mildly amused by regular old Dragonball.
Dragonball Z is so lame that all things lame are judged on a scale based off of Dragonball Z.

darkvare Nov 25th, 2007 09:23 PM

to quote stan "you just don't get it dude you just don't get it"

Angryhydralisk Dec 1st, 2007 01:45 AM

I can use the narrator to sum up each DBZ series...

Dragon Ball: Laid-back cheery announcer who seems very informative about each episode. Fun to listen to, fun to watch.

Dragon Ball Z: Borderline-nutzo MONSTER TRUCK ANNOUNCER who speaks loud, proud, and chock full of repetition and shitty puns.

Dragon Ball GT: Don't even get me started on that. He's still monster truck, but he's gay now. And even the japanese hate him.

Seven Force Dec 1st, 2007 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 512275)
DBZ is awesome mabye you faggots are too stupid to appreciate it

spoken like a true 14 year old

Guitar Woman Dec 1st, 2007 04:48 AM

Quote:

Dragon Ball Z: Borderline-nutzo MONSTER TRUCK ANNOUNCER who speaks loud, proud, and chock full of repetition and shitty puns.
That's what made it awesome :<

maggiekarp Dec 1st, 2007 02:27 PM

Every "DBZ with Modifier" cartoon is instantly popular. Naruto, DBZ with underage Ninjas. One Piece, DBZ with pirates. Inu Yasha, DBZ for girls. Bleach, DBZ for faggots.

That said Naruto isn't THAT bad. It's retarded, but it's that fun sort of retarded. I've only seen the dub, though.