I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Fuck you Avatar (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69703790)

Tadao Dec 14th, 2009 05:08 PM

Fuck you Avatar

So, I saw a commercial today that stated Avatar has done something new and different by mixing live action and CGI together.

Bullshit. SciFi channel does this shit every Saturday. Fuck Avatar. Science Fiction I say!

MarioRPG Dec 14th, 2009 07:53 PM

I really have no interest in the movie. I'm also pretty sure it's for kids.

Sam Dec 14th, 2009 08:08 PM

MANTICORE BEAT THEM TOO IT.

ALSO, THAT ONE ABOUT THE NAZI SUPER SOLDIER FOLLOWING AROUND THE AMERICAN SOLDIERS AND I THINK IT HAD A CHAIN GUN ARM. :\

Tadao Dec 14th, 2009 09:53 PM

500 million to make this movie? I bet it's because of the 5 million dollar handjobs.

Supafly345 Dec 15th, 2009 12:25 AM

Well its the first thing james cameron has been involved with in the past 20 years that didn't involve the ocean. Theres gotta be something special about it to drag him outta the goddamn water.

Pentegarn Dec 15th, 2009 12:03 PM

I am still on the fence about this movie. I guess I will decide this week if I want to see it or wait till DVD or skip it entirely

Mockery Dec 15th, 2009 12:30 PM

My problem with it is how godawful stupid the blue creatures look. I'm not talking about my general dislike for CGI, I'm talking about the actual design of the creatures looks ridiculous. The story itself may be interesting for all I know, but the look of it all makes me want to punch the screen every time I see a trailer for it.

Tadao Dec 15th, 2009 02:08 PM

I've seen a cool explosion behund a mechwalker type thing, but yeah, the blue cartoon look is really killing it for me too.

captain516 Dec 15th, 2009 05:50 PM

I wonder what Geggy thinks of this. Also I think this movie turned Roger Ebert into a furry.
http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/...IEWS/912119998
Quote:

And Cameron and his artists succeed at the difficult challenge of making Neytiri a blue-skinned giantess with golden eyes and a long, supple tail, and yet--I'll be damned. Sexy.
:(

Ant10708 Dec 16th, 2009 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 663087)
I am still on the fence about this movie. I guess I will decide this week if I want to see it or wait till DVD or skip it entirely

Well since the movie is designed hands down to be a pure 3D experience I'd suggest you either see it in theaters or not at all.

Ant10708 Dec 16th, 2009 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 663036)
500 million to make this movie? I bet it's because of the 5 million dollar handjobs.

Well apparently its not too much higher then other big blockbuster movies produced nowdays but the number does seem ridiculous. He also invented a new camera technology where he could see his cgi effects play out in real time with the footage he was shooting so I'm sure that cost a few dozen million.

DonkeyRyan Dec 16th, 2009 11:20 AM

Ever since the first trailer that I saw for this movie, I've thought that it looks so uninteresting. I have to agree that every time I see those blue things I wonder why they made them look like that. Is it so that they could make toys out of them?

Ant10708 Dec 16th, 2009 04:00 PM

He claims he made them blue because he didn't want them to have any color of a human race and green was already taken by aliens:\

LordSappington Dec 16th, 2009 05:08 PM

It looks like Pocahontas with aliens.

The Leader Dec 16th, 2009 10:13 PM

I'm looking forward to it. :(

Zhukov Dec 17th, 2009 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 663363)
It looks like Pocahontas with aliens.

That's a good call. I might steal that.

Pentegarn Dec 17th, 2009 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant10708 (Post 663249)
Well since the movie is designed hands down to be a pure 3D experience I'd suggest you either see it in theaters or not at all.

My eyes don't work together (among other issues they have such as astigmatism and near-sightedness) so 3d for the most part does not work on me because my depth perception is so bad a cyclops would say, 'damn, his depth perception sucks'

Womti Dec 17th, 2009 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 662987)
So, I saw a commercial today that stated Avatar has done something new and different by mixing live action and CGI together.

Bullshit. SciFi channel does this shit every Saturday. Fuck Avatar. Science Fiction I say!

HELL YEAH. FUCK YOU AVATAR YOU FUCKING HOMO

darkvare Dec 17th, 2009 10:18 PM

i'm freshly back from seeing the movie and all i'm gonna say is it is mindblowingly awesome. that is all

Tadao Dec 18th, 2009 03:15 AM

I guess the actress Zoey something shops at the grocery store by my GF's. She says she looks beautiful all the time and without make up.

I think that little story I just told will be better than the movie.

Tadao Dec 18th, 2009 05:53 PM

I CHANGED MY MIND! THIS LOOKS SO UNLIKE SCIFI CHANNEL! SO NEW AND CREATIVE AND THOUGHT PROVOKING! OMG I THOUGHT THE FAKE CGI WOULD SUCK ME OUT OF THE MOVIE, BUT WITH A SCREENSHOT LIKE THIS! I NOW KNOW HOW WRONG I WAS!

http://l.yimg.com/k/omg/us/img/8f/5b...0500786710.jpg

Babs Dec 18th, 2009 07:34 PM

Fuck this stupid movie. Fuck that stupid crippled bitch described in the review and above of all FUCK JAMES CAMERON.

I can't believe what I have read earlier about this movie. "After a decade, Cameron sets the avatar of our new generation," FUCKING WOW!!!

For christ's fucking sake, go watch City of God, now that's a real movie.

BatmanJohnson Dec 18th, 2009 11:04 PM

Saw it, was terribly over hyped. It was pretty but that was about it.

HickMan Dec 19th, 2009 10:35 AM

I saw it last night in IMAX and...it really blew my mind. Maybe it's because I don't get to see too many movies these days, but I thought it was pretty damn amazing looking...

Oh, and the stoy is tolerable. Really really predictable, but the look of it was something I've never seen before.

bigtimecow Dec 20th, 2009 01:20 AM

see, last semester there was a section in one of my classes about online identity and avatars etc etc etc, so just by that information the concept of the movie immediately sounded interesting (human mind into an alien "avatar" body; like a physical realization of internet avatars and what not), and yes it does indeed look pretty. but if 20 years is what it has taken just for something that looks nice, then i dunno