I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Weekly Movie Review: Spider-Man 3 (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69699337)

Butters Mar 25th, 2008 04:07 PM

I skipped this one after hearing about there being three villains. I saw X3, and didn't want to make the same mistake twice.

My friends told me about it after they saw it, and they were disappointed. It seems like, when it comes to movies, the "third" one tends to be the one that blows in comparison to the previous two.

GRUMPYNZ Mar 25th, 2008 11:19 PM

And how idiotic is Harry conveniently getting amnesia for most of the movie?! And what a lame way to wrap-up the whole Sandman thing (without giving away any spoliers in case someone reads this review and still wants to see this shit-fest of a movie).

Jonny#5 Mar 25th, 2008 11:54 PM

Not the worst comic movie I've ever seen (those fantastic four movies take that "prestigous" award), it was still lousy. I guess it made sense that the movie sucked, since it seems that the studio was making the project a living hell for Raimi. I wouldn't be surprised if he made the movie suck on purpose as a way of saying to those executives "f*** you".

captain516 Mar 26th, 2008 12:06 AM

Sandman should've gotten a bigger role, 'cause the guy playing him was fantastic. I couldn't help but laugh at Harry's "flying skateboard", and the final battle was mediocre at best.

Captain PirateFace Mar 26th, 2008 02:03 AM

I say remove all previous characters including spider man from the series and just have Bruce Campbell kicking random peoples asses saying random cool shit.

Kilgore Cod Mar 26th, 2008 07:48 AM

Like most people who saw it in theaters, I was very disappointed when I first saw it. I saw it a second time on DVD and I found it much better than I had originally thought. When you take away all the studio bullshit, the multiple forced villains and the questionable acting, you're left with a very good story about losing something important to you and fighting to get it back. IMO the movie should had just stuck with Sandman as its sole villain. I really liked how the character was portrayed and it could had rivaled Doc Ock as the best superhero movie villain if done properly.

Raimi had stated numerous times that he pretty much hates the Venom character and had no desire to put him on screen. Alot of today's comic fans forget that the Venom character didn't exist until 1988, so he's still a relatively "new" character in comic history.

I'd have no problem if there was an entire re-casting of the main roles for Part 4. Both Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst have outlived their usefulness. The magic they had from part 1 is clearly long gone.

goldenbane Mar 26th, 2008 01:38 PM

I hated the dancing crap. Why on Earth did they include that? It felt like it took 12 hours to get through it. MJ was such a fucking bitch in this movie, that she really didn't deserve the screen time she got.

I don't know if any of you noticed this...but this wasn't "Spiderman" this was "Tobyman." I think Spiderman appears...in full costume...red or black...for about 3 minutes. The rest of the time he's either unmasked, out of costume, or "so torn up he's basically just Peter Parker." If there is a 4th movie, and that fat idiot Toby McGuire is cast again...he better keep that fucking mask ON. I don't need to know that he's playing Spidey. Put that fucking mask on, keep it on, and go fight crime!

Drunken_Lemur408 Mar 26th, 2008 07:45 PM

Did anyone else notice that third tier characters were allowed monolouges? The butler and Stan Lee did not deserve that much screen time.

IXCE Mar 26th, 2008 10:10 PM

I think everything has already been said but god I can't stop talking about how I was so disappointed with this movie. I was also worried about the film when I heard that there would be 3 villains in the film. I was at least hoping that Venom would just appear just as the credits roll to make people wait for the next Spidey flick.

Jaimas Mar 27th, 2008 12:40 AM

During the "dance" scene in the movie, I recall specifically looking around and seeing people shift, uncomfortably, in their seats. It was ridiculously awkward. I also specifically recall the scene in which Parker slaps Mary Jane, because there was not a single person in the theatre who didn't laugh at it.

ginmortal Mar 27th, 2008 01:41 PM

It was fucking horrible, I do regret that I spent the money to see it, I regret that I spent the time to see this piece of crap, I regret that topher grace (what kind of name is that?) played venom (aside from Dolph Lundgren who else fits the "eddie brock profile"??) I mean, overcrowding, poor character development, laughable acting at best, emo parker, flying skateboards, this is an utter piece of shit, the only thing that stands out was the sandman, the only guy that actully did some acting. I don't think I could stomach watching this again.

blacksamster Mar 27th, 2008 06:18 PM

I was so angry that I had to sit through this movie... also, I've been hearing a lot about how Spiderman 2 is the greatest suphero movie blah blah (here and on various movie reviewing/ranking websites), which utterly confuses me, because I saw it when it first came out and remember absolutely hating it. I dunno. Different tastes? Or a psychic line from the future trying to warn me not to want to see another sequel? If only I had listened...

dj boobs Mar 28th, 2008 01:21 AM

Spot on, except you gave it about 1 & 1/2 pickles too many.

Riot.EXE Apr 16th, 2008 10:04 PM

anyone notice the glaring movie continuity error in the movie pretaining to Eddie Brock himself? He's introduced as being a new employee to the bugle, however, in the second movie...he was the one that was supposed to be doing the photography for that big party with J Jonah Jamesons son, but was unavailable, so Peter was tapped to do it instead. So...apparently...someone forgot that the guy worked there already

Girl Drink Drunk Jun 1st, 2008 09:54 AM

You guys are pussies. Sure it was bad movie, especially compared to the previous installments, but it was still watchable.

Oh, and sorry about not noticing that this threads been dead for a while, mods and staff :(