I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Article Discussion (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Leprechaun (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700992)

MockBot Nov 6th, 2008 01:24 AM

Leprechaun

Automatically generated comment thread for Leprechaun.

greenimp Nov 6th, 2008 04:04 AM

i must see this movie now, if only just for this scene: "uses his hoary powers to shoot a bolt of crackling green energy to... shut the door. Ozzie opens the door back up and runs away"

OxBlood Nov 6th, 2008 04:51 AM

Sounds like great entertainment.

Doctor_Who Nov 6th, 2008 05:14 AM

I minor classic. Everyone is terrible in this movie except for Davis, and his performance makes it worthwhile.

Purple Man Nov 6th, 2008 05:16 AM

This film is some true old-school shenanigans!

Hurude Nov 6th, 2008 06:41 AM

I love the forth instalment "Leprechaun 4: In Space" its a true classic, just like when critters when to space! I am still let to see number five "Leprechaun in the Hood"

Maxilor Nov 6th, 2008 08:35 AM

Leprechaun + Go-Kart = One Way Trip To Wackyness

MarioRPG Nov 6th, 2008 10:40 AM

Brilliant. Simply brilliant. I've never watched any of the series, but I was familiar with "In tha hood". Thank you for that most enlightening piece of work.

Icculus Nov 6th, 2008 11:03 AM

We got Freddy vs. Jason and Alien vs. Predator, Who would be a good match for the Leprechaun. I think Hollywood should get back into making monster crossover movies. I just watch Frankenstien meets the space monsters(circa 1965?) or something like that, not that it was the best film but it was entertaining. Instead of dumping out crappy snuf films why just rehash some of the 80's & 90's stars...

If Jonny Nuemonic met Neo would that be like John Malkovich sliding into his own head?

Mockery Nov 6th, 2008 11:40 AM

Icculus, clearly the Leprechaun vs. Chucky would be the way to go.

Angryhydralisk Nov 6th, 2008 12:16 PM

Better yet, Leprechaun vs. Chucky vs. Puppet Master.

The only bits of the Lep I've seen is Part 3, mainly the part where the magician literally gets sawed in half and Leprechaun in Space in it's entirety. Ridiculous. Fun, but still ridiculous.

SPINAL Nov 6th, 2008 12:33 PM

YO YO YO ! What about Leprechaun 5 when he goes to DA HOOD?

DaTr0LL Nov 6th, 2008 12:35 PM

Leprechaun in the Hood is one of my favorite reeeeeeally bad movies.

"I'll take it from you, homie, you'll see, cause you know the Leprechaun is the real O.G."

Tadao Nov 6th, 2008 12:36 PM

I heard there was a part 5, where he goes to da hood!

McFly Nov 6th, 2008 02:30 PM

Maybe the leprechaun can face Pee Wee Herman. Both wear silly suits and have an affinity for bicycles.

CarpetGnome Nov 6th, 2008 04:20 PM

Hey, the "ant like creature" is a potato bug.... also known as a Jerusalem cricket... they are pure evil, and taste really good.

Great movie!

Dr. Boogie Nov 6th, 2008 04:21 PM

In Leprechaun 5, he goes to the 'hood. In Leprechaun 6, he returns to the 'hood.

I-LOVE-ROGER-BARR Nov 6th, 2008 05:10 PM

I have seen leprechaun 2 it was funny as hell

Nick Nov 6th, 2008 06:45 PM

How would even want to produce these movies?

Exeter Nov 6th, 2008 07:04 PM

Is it wrong that I own the "Pot of Gore" collection of the first 5 Leprechaun films (and picked up part 6 separately)? If it is, I don't want to be right. They are continually ridiculous, but lots of fun. Warwick Davis is a king among men.

argonath Nov 7th, 2008 12:33 AM

I still rag a buddy of mine for suggesting that we go see this when it was still in theaters. I had put so much of it out of my memory that the only part I remember is when he was feeling up Jennifer Aniston at the beginning.

HowardC Nov 7th, 2008 02:41 AM

I'm amazed many of you HAVEN'T seen this film. There was a SNL Wayne's World segment at the time that did a sketch about how garth is afraid of the Leprechaun with wyane holding a flashlight under his face and doing his now shrek/ fat bastard voice repeating "da leprechaun" over and over. The bit was such a keystone that when it came time to promote the waynes world movie, they revised it for a few mtv specials.

Seriously, this is probably the most famous awful horror movie of it's day. Either you were too young or lived in a cave around the time of it's release to have missed it.

Warwick is, as the others have stated, the best part about these films. But isn't that the norm? I mean with the exception of part 1, weren't all of the kids in the freddy movies, completely uninteresting and unlikeable? Same with Jason, leatherface, ect? I think they do that on purpose so you actually don't mind when the villain returns for the sequel as he's the only saving grace of the film.

Also for those you haven't watched it (and apparently Rog) we need to point out that Ozzie is "special" / "differenlty abled" /ect (or whatever pc word the kids use for mental retardation these days). So while we can totally make fun of the others for all of their bonehead moves, we need to lay off the Ozz man as he doesn't know any better. With the exception of eating one of the coins of course. I mean what did he think it was chocolate? Even then, he eats chocolate coins without taking the wrapper off?

I would reccomend the Leprechaun in space one btw.... has two or three jokes regarding male "junk" including a hilarious segment involving the leprechaun and a enlarging ray. :) (And by hilarious I mean passably funny.)

Mockery Nov 7th, 2008 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exeter (Post 592506)
Is it wrong that I own the "Pot of Gore" collection of the first 5 Leprechaun films (and picked up part 6 separately)? If it is, I don't want to be right. They are continually ridiculous, but lots of fun. Warwick Davis is a king among men.

Wrong? Not at all man. You're talking to a guy who has purchased countless awful, yet unintentionally hilarious, movies. So by all means, continue to purchase the Leprechaun films until they stop making 'em.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HowardC (Post 592603)
Also for those you haven't watched it (and apparently Rog)

Uh, I didn't write this article, but thanks for the credit anyway. :picklehat

dubs0mality Nov 7th, 2008 05:57 AM

i saw in da hood and what sticks out as my fav part is when one of the pp pulls a baseball bat out of his hair right at the start it was so unpredictable it craked me up

Pandajuice Nov 7th, 2008 07:26 AM

I was beside myself while reading this article wondering how Rog could be panning and mocking such a classic entry into 80s horror cheese, screaming to myself "Say it ain't so, Rog! Oh how I used to know thee!".

And then I realized it was written by Dr. Boogie, not Rog, so all is well.
The article was entertaining, but this sort of thing is right in your wheelhouse Rog! I'd have liked to have heard your take on it.