I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 2nd, 2010 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 702720)
No because I'm the only person in the world who did not like that game :\

I'm pretty sure you just described building the game verbatim though.

OxBlood Nov 2nd, 2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 702740)
Wow, I now have even less motivation to play Fable 3 lol.

Meh, it was better than Fable 2, so I guess Iīd give it a...letīs say 7/10. Itīs okay, really. Not great, not a work of genius but okay. More to do, more to see, rather relaxing gameplay apart from the bugs of course...an okay game.

And am I a nerd for ordering the english starter-box of Gamma World? Iīve never played D&D (though I do know how to play it) but the setting just sells me on it. It seems so beautifully random and insane...I mean I could make up any kind of stupid LSD-induced story and it would fit right in (not that I take anything like that but my imagination can operate on such levels if I want it to).

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 2nd, 2010 01:59 PM

Want to play Gamma world real bad.

Phoenix Gamma Nov 2nd, 2010 02:14 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_vjj4-CnTU
THIS. GAME. LOOKS. FANTASTIC.

God, Retro's batting 4 for 4.

Also, since I'm 100% positive the Goldeneye remake will be ass, I downloaded Goldeneye:Source. Game's pretty great, but not many people play it. The only server I found with a sizable group of players was set on License to Kill mode, which REALLY isn't fun when you're playing with more than the N64's 4 person limit (you'll spawn and get shot right away, and that's with 9 people).

DougClayton4231 Nov 2nd, 2010 04:09 PM

lmao Ox, that might make you a nerd. Remember, Protoclown said that D&D nerds are nowhere near Fan fic nerds, so you're good.

Call of Duty Black Ops and Goldeneye for the Wii are awesome, that is all. Black Ops is definitely the swansong for the COD franchise though, they can't do any better than it.

Dimnos Nov 2nd, 2010 05:15 PM

Did I hear something about being able to play as Nixon to kill zombies?

OxBlood Nov 3rd, 2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 (Post 702788)
lmao Ox, that might make you a nerd. Remember, Protoclown said that D&D nerds are nowhere near Fan fic nerds, so you're good.

I guess the fact that I donīt play P&P Rpgs works in my favor there...but damn, Gamma World is so colorful, I really wanna play that with likeminded people...first random Character became a hairless mindbreaker-catman working at a garage&grill, armed only with a boxcutter and a torn-up leather seat as armor. I guess his prime motivation could be finding a hair-golem to solve his little baldness-problem.

I really like that there isnīt much fluff in the rules, leaves more room for imagination I guess. They just state "pick a weapon, you decide what it is, we donīt care, go ahead."

DougClayton4231 Nov 3rd, 2010 02:44 PM

Yeah, after you beat the game (or from the main menu) you can play zombies mode with Kennedy, Nixon, Castro, and some other guy. I still don't really care for the zombie mode though. Black Ops was a great game overall, but it is missing Spec Ops and the plot twist can be seen a mile away lol.

The new Goldeneye isn't a remake though, it's more of a reboot or reimagining and it's great. You definitely have to change your controls to your liking though. (Didn't any of the developers play Metroid Prime Trilogy on the Wii? The controls were perfect.)

Dimnos Nov 3rd, 2010 04:25 PM

Killing zombies and Nixon = the pinnacle of gaming.

Shadowdancer21b Nov 3rd, 2010 11:17 PM

Sega Bass Fishing on Dreamcast. No, seriously. I enjoy this fishing game and this fishing game only.

Phoenix Gamma Nov 4th, 2010 02:32 AM

http://www.supremecourt.gov/oral_arg...ts/08-1448.pdf
THIS is funny shit. A summary of the Supreme Court case regarding Schwarzenegger's bill on violent video games. Arnold's lawyers got slapped silly. I haven't finished reading it, but my favorite bit so far is:

Quote:

JUSTICE SOTOMAYOR: ...One of the studies, the Anderson study, says that the effect of violence is the same for a Bugs Bunny episode as it is for a violent video. So can the legislature now, because it has that study, say we can outlaw Bugs Bunny?

MR. MORAZZINI: No -­-
Or this little bit thrown out when arguing about violence towards people:
Quote:

JUSTICE SOTOMAYOR: Would a video game that portrayed a Vulcan as opposed to a human being, being maimed and tortured, would that be covered by the act?

MR. MORAZZINI: No, it wouldn’t, because the act is only directed towards the range of options that are able to be inflicted on a human being.
Quote:

JUSTICE GINSBURG: ...does California have any kind of an advisory opinion, an office that will view these videos and say, yes, this belongs in this, what did you call it, deviant violence, and this one is just violent but not deviant?

MR. MORAZZINI:
Not that I'm aware of, Justice Ginsburg.

JUSTICE SCALIA:
You should consider creating such a one. You might call it the California office of censorship. It would judge each of these videos one by one. That would be very nice.
Lots of other parts are great. The justices were pretty much all against this and the people arguing for the bill just got slapped around.

Fathom Zero Nov 4th, 2010 01:39 PM

Broke the Top 1000 in Super Meat Boy. Yay. Almost done with the Dark World. #926, yay

Dimnos Nov 4th, 2010 05:23 PM

Beat Fable 3 last night. Did all the good guy stuff as kind and saved up the money to save everyone. Go business planning! I didnt really like the Road to Rule system. I would have prefered the same as 2. Mostly didnt like that slow time wasnt a spell anymore. Or that your couldnt upgrade your melee speed. Where before you could tweek out and specialize your character it now feels like the only real choices you have are what two spells to use. Weapons and clothing were lacking. I used the hero sword the entire time because nothing better ever came along. You can save a lot of money because of this but what the hell is there to do with it anymore? You just sit on it till the end to save a number of citizens from what amounts to 10 enemies and a lame boss. :rolleyes

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 6th, 2010 12:29 PM

Bad times.

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 6th, 2010 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma (Post 702938)

If they went with the anti violent video game rule but kept the violent movie is okay rule would they then ban violent video games based on violent movies or would it justify that its a replication of said violent movie that would be re-enacted through violent game play as opposed to just a violent videogame game play not based on a violent movie.

edit: This is fun reading.

Esuohlim Nov 6th, 2010 01:02 PM

Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door, bitches

Shadowdancer21b Nov 6th, 2010 02:53 PM

Thousand Year Door is fun as hell.

Esuohlim Nov 6th, 2010 04:16 PM

It's way better than the original, I think. I just wish it was more difficult.

Phoenix Gamma Nov 7th, 2010 08:06 PM

The original was more of a classic though. The final boss was fun. It also didn't have those awkward segments with Peach...
Mario and Luigi 3 pretty much tops every Mario RPG though. Holy shit, that game's tight.

It turns out an old forum I used to go to had a Minecraft server. I built a giant penis then quit. Then I loaded up TF2 and got a shitload of kills as the Scout. I was dominating the scoreboard and (for the first time ever) people started accusing me of cheating, saying I was running faster than a normal scout and shit. They were obviously jealous of my awesome random WASD mashing abilities. It was a fantastic match.

Microshock Nov 7th, 2010 09:49 PM

Tried to buy COD:Black Ops today from my normal street date breaking store. No store has it for sale around here. The small stores don't even have them in.

sigh.

darkvare Nov 7th, 2010 11:11 PM

speaking of black ops some robbers stole a bunch of copies
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...,5201573.story

Tadao Nov 8th, 2010 12:00 AM

It probably uses steam huh?

caffman Nov 8th, 2010 11:27 AM

I've just finished Force Unleashed 2, midway through fallout new vegas and have Fable 3 waiting to start. Oh and Rock band 3, Guitar hero 6 and Black ops from tonight.
I need more hours in the day

Dimnos Nov 8th, 2010 11:34 AM

You should blow right through Fable 3.

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 8th, 2010 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 703225)
speaking of black ops some robbers stole a bunch of copies
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...,5201573.story

That's ridiculous.