I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Events (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   FORUM EVENT: "I-MOCKERY'S 2010 SECRET SANTA EVENT!" (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69705278)

Zhukov Nov 21st, 2010 08:34 AM

Just letting you guys know that I am still waiting for my gift to arrive.

AlliSabbah Nov 21st, 2010 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 704816)
Just letting you guys know that I am still waiting for my gift to arrive.

I am guessing everyone is as nobody has been assigned a secret santa yet as far as I know.

Nick Nov 21st, 2010 11:20 AM

Someone needs to hurry up and tell me who I'm buying for so I can actually buy them something in time to send it to them.

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 21st, 2010 11:32 AM

Just waiting on 2 letters. to finalize the sign up process. I've been checking pm's 3 times daily. If anyone has any questions or anything feel free to pm me. I'm currently organizing the list of participants and have a rough idea of where everyone will be sending to.

Attending the baby shower today though so I won't be on to check again until much later tonight.

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 22nd, 2010 04:06 PM

VRRROOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM

Nick Nov 23rd, 2010 07:58 AM

Silly germans.

The_Punk_Hippie Nov 23rd, 2010 09:25 AM

Dammit, I completely missed this thread until today, & now it's too late to get confirmed D:

Oh well, there's always next year.

stonewar Nov 23rd, 2010 01:41 PM

I just ate the candy from my secret santa box....dammit. Now I got to buy more and seal the box this time.

Protoclown Nov 23rd, 2010 06:50 PM

I reckon I'll participate.

dextire Nov 23rd, 2010 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonewar (Post 704975)
I just ate the candy from my secret santa box....dammit. Now I got to buy more and seal the box this time.

How can you tell if it's properly tasty candy without a thorough taste testing? :xmas1

That's a great picture of the Krampus, 10k. :lol
A fairly creepy looking St. Nicholas as well, though not as bad as the movie I watched last night.

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 24th, 2010 09:13 PM

Updated.

Still haven't gotten replicants letter :(

Going to start sending out information tomorrow or friday

Zomboid Nov 24th, 2010 11:37 PM

I just now noticed my name on there. I was thinking about it, but I'm extremely busy with school...and I'm broke anyway.

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 25th, 2010 10:37 AM

Okay, I just threw it on there last night because I wasn't sure.

Ex Leper Nov 25th, 2010 10:44 AM

What happens now since we have an uneven amount of participants :confused:

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 25th, 2010 11:14 AM

Pass to the right.

The Leader Nov 25th, 2010 01:42 PM

One big circle jerk.

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 25th, 2010 04:10 PM

One big cunt jerk

replicant Nov 25th, 2010 06:15 PM

I hope you get the letter. I sent it out and should have been picked up in Monday's mail to you. Man, it shouldn't take so long to get to you seeing I am in VA. Hopefully it will come tomorrow or Saturday.

I am totally legit. :) I hope you like the button and sticker I sent with my letter. hehe

Frak US Postal. :{P

Nekoneko061 Nov 25th, 2010 10:09 PM

See my name's on the list! I'm no spam bot. :)
I can't wait to see who I get!

Ex Leper Nov 25th, 2010 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nekoneko061 (Post 705140)
I can't wait to see who I get!

Don't forget, you have to send stuff too. :xmas2

Protoclown Nov 26th, 2010 01:55 AM

I can vouch for replicant. I know her.

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 26th, 2010 09:04 AM

Word.

replicant Nov 26th, 2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protoclown (Post 705157)
I can vouch for replicant. I know her.

:D

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 26th, 2010 10:28 PM

Sent out everyone's secret santas and such. If anyone ends up getting someone that they had previously just let me knkow and I'll see if I can switch them up. I don't have last years secret santa list anymore so I couldn't cross reference the 2009 and 2010.

Have fun and don't fuck up.

dextire Nov 26th, 2010 11:38 PM

Alright! Now I know who I'm buying for! :xmas2
Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 705246)
Have fun and don't fuck up.

This. Very this. :xmas1

blood_panther Nov 27th, 2010 01:05 AM

time to go do some shopping!

Zhukov Nov 27th, 2010 09:41 AM

Oh man I got someone who SUCKS! :lol

Zhukov Nov 27th, 2010 09:42 AM

Wait, is this the kind of Secret Santa where they don't ever find out who sent the gift?

10,000 Volt Ghost Nov 27th, 2010 10:15 AM

absolutely.

Pentegarn Nov 27th, 2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhukov (Post 705286)
Oh man I got someone who SUCKS! :lol

That was last year Zukhov :lol

Nick Nov 27th, 2010 11:44 AM

I have already bought and mailed my gift. I do hope they enjoy it. :)

AlliSabbah Nov 27th, 2010 01:32 PM

Sent my trinkets and nick knacks out today.

dextire Nov 27th, 2010 02:56 PM

Wow, you guys are fast! :)
I'm going out Christmas shopping later today and will hopefully be able to put together the rest of my SS package and ship it out on Monday. :xmas1
:xmas2

MLE Nov 27th, 2010 03:00 PM

There's a bit of preparation and time going into my gift, so I'm trying to get mine out within the week. I wasn't getting anything until I knew who I was buying for.

AlliSabbah Nov 27th, 2010 03:27 PM

I waited till I knew who as well. I went out last night and bought everything then packaged it. I dropped it off at the post office this morning.

Ex Leper Nov 27th, 2010 03:47 PM

Going to the mall right now :xmas3

Update: Box Is ready to send out.

BatmanJohnson Nov 27th, 2010 04:11 PM

I'm shopping for mine tomorrow... I wanted to know who I was buying for first.

blood_panther Nov 27th, 2010 04:20 PM

on the off chance I got someone who posted in the "secret santa participants: share your interests" thread, I also waited.

Harry Lime Nov 27th, 2010 06:33 PM

I've prepped a few odds and ends but waited to see who I was sending to before shopping for the good stuff (floam and expired fruit snacks) Should be in the mail and en route by Tuesday.

Samfucius Nov 27th, 2010 07:23 PM

I waited, and I'll buy all my stuff on monday. I already know what I'm buying, so this should be easy.

Nick Nov 28th, 2010 02:16 AM

If I get safety clips again, I will be upset. Clips shaped like fish, even!

Pentegarn Nov 28th, 2010 06:27 AM

In that person's defense, I think those clips were filler to round out the spending amount

I would have chosen candy to round out though. Everyone likes candy

caffman Nov 28th, 2010 07:40 AM

Shit I missed the deadline! Oh well always next year

replicant Nov 28th, 2010 04:10 PM

I got my shopping done and now for the shipping part. Weeeeeeeee!

dextire Nov 28th, 2010 05:42 PM

I have just a couple of small things more to find and I'll be done!
All plans point to shipping tomorrow. :xmas3

MarioRPG Nov 28th, 2010 06:04 PM

Shamefully, I didn't finish my SS shopping today - but I somehow managed to buy a bunch of gifts for other people. :x I'll have it done and sent by Wednesday.

Harry Lime Nov 29th, 2010 12:35 PM

Sent out my package today!

Ex Leper Nov 29th, 2010 03:11 PM

Sending mine out tomorrow morning.

blood_panther Nov 29th, 2010 03:54 PM

my package is away! 3-8 days till it arrives.

shipping was a little pricey though. next year whoever I get as my secret santa is getting very thin and light gifts.....people like stickers right;)

AlliSabbah Nov 29th, 2010 04:21 PM

I just checked on the gift I sent and it says it is out for delivery. Someones getting gifts today. :)

replicant Nov 29th, 2010 10:53 PM

My package has been mailed. Hope you enjoy the goodies! : )

stonewar Nov 30th, 2010 12:04 PM

mailing my package tomorrow morning...and waiting for my camera to recharge to post the photos of what I recieved.

Ex Leper Nov 30th, 2010 12:43 PM

My box was sent to the post office today.

UPDATE: Should arrive in two days from now but you will have to sign for it

AlliSabbah Nov 30th, 2010 01:51 PM

Hopefully you got good things stonewar.

dextire Nov 30th, 2010 06:04 PM

And the tradition of Stonewar receiving the first SS package continues.
I'm eagerly awaiting the photos.:xmas1

Both of my local Post Offices have been packed the last two days.
So I'm going to try to give myself a full hour tomorrow just to stand in line. :xmas2

Nekoneko061 Nov 30th, 2010 06:24 PM

Just sent mine. It should be there in about 2 days. :)

stonewar Nov 30th, 2010 06:49 PM

I don't anything about any jello and pidgeons but I swear the cat loved the enchiladas.

Food glorious food.

And movies. I was not allowed to watch the D&D cartoon as a child because my parents deemed it "Satanic."

Now I have never had fruitcake before and was thinking of buying some to try this year so you saved me the trouble.

It tastes of lemon peels and gummy erasers.

I fell of the monkey bars and broke my nose when I was eight and my sense of taste and smell have never been the same since. My sister on the other hand ate the whole thing while watching "Skating with The Stars" so someone appreciated it.

Thank you again and Merry Xmas, AlliSabbah

Edit: I do this ever #$$@#@#$ year.

Nick Nov 30th, 2010 06:52 PM

My package should be at its destination by Friday if not sooner.

Mockery Nov 30th, 2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonewar (Post 705780)
http://flic.kr/p/8XubkW http://flic.kr/p/8XuafJ

I fell of the monkey bars and broke my nose when I was eight and my sense of taste and smell have never been the same since. My sister on the other hand ate the whole thing while watching "Skating with The Stars" so someone appreciated it.

You're very brave for trying the dreaded fruitcake, Stonewar. You should be able to embed the photos in the forum without having to link to 'em, dunno if you have your Flickr account setup weird though. You can always try other image hosting services though.

Also, that's a heck of a nice set o' Secret Santa gifts... holiday treats and movies. Well done, AlliSabbah! Glad to see the event is starting off so well this year!

AlliSabbah Nov 30th, 2010 08:04 PM

You are welcome Stonewar and sorry about the fruitcake. :) Hopefully you will like your satanic cartoon. Thank you Mockery for the kind words.

Tadao Nov 30th, 2010 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 705794)
You're very brave for trying the dreaded fruitcake, Stonewar. You should be able to embed the photos in the forum without having to link to 'em, dunno if you have your Flickr account setup weird though. You can always try other image hosting services though.

I pmed her the direct links to her pics.

dextire Nov 30th, 2010 08:23 PM

A mighty impressive haul, Stonewar! :xmas1
I too have that Gore House Greats DVD.
It includes such "greats" as They Saved Hitler's Brain, Nightmare In Wax, and Terror!
B-movie cheese at it's finest. :)

Nice job getting us started, Allisabbah!

The Leader Nov 30th, 2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonewar (Post 705780)
http://flic.kr/p/8XucXQ

I don't anything about any jello and pidgeons but I swear the cat loved the enchiladas.

Food glorious food.

And movies. I was not allowed to watch the D&D cartoon as a child because my parents deemed it "Satanic."

Now I have very had fruitcake before and was thinking of buying some to try this year so you saved me the trouble.

PICTURES!

stonewar Nov 30th, 2010 09:54 PM

Its so embarrassing. I only do this once a year. I forget how to do it year to year.

Harry Lime Nov 30th, 2010 10:19 PM

That's some fine loot stonewar! Allisabbah has set the bar merrily high this year. :xmas3

replicant Nov 30th, 2010 10:38 PM

Nice Secret Santa loot you got there stonewar. I agree with Harry, you've set the bar high. :)

captain516 Dec 1st, 2010 02:01 AM

I have those horror dvds too. I mainly got it for they saved hitler's brain, which I always wanted to see.
I've never been so pissed at a movie for being so fucking boring >:

MarioRPG Dec 1st, 2010 03:13 PM

Looks like we are off to a good start! I mailed my gift today (at surprising expense) and santa will bring it around to my recipient shortly.:xmas3

Ozzie Dec 1st, 2010 03:57 PM

I had bought my gift online due to there not being much of anything left in my area after Black Friday, so I'm just having the site directly ship it to my recipient. Unfortunately, this means they won't get a full-page letter like I sent out last year, but at least it's already on its way with a tracking number.

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 1st, 2010 04:28 PM

sent mine out today

dextire Dec 1st, 2010 05:04 PM

6lb. 4.30oz. of Christmas goodness is on it's way! :rock
:xmas3

Ex Leper Dec 1st, 2010 05:49 PM

Can't wait to see what everyone gets this year. I hope my recipient will enjoy what I sent

Mockery Dec 1st, 2010 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozzie (Post 705958)
I had bought my gift online due to there not being much of anything left in my area after Black Friday, so I'm just having the site directly ship it to my recipient. Unfortunately, this means they won't get a full-page letter like I sent out last year, but at least it's already on its way with a tracking number.

Well, you could always write it out on paper, scan it in or take a photo of it and then send it to your recipient in a PM. Either way, good job on not letting the Black Friday madness prevent you from sending your Secret Santa stuff out on time!

MLE Dec 1st, 2010 09:12 PM

I will be purchasing the final bit and sending out tomorrow after a wave of artistic inspiration that I hope will hit me before the post office closes.

replicant Dec 2nd, 2010 01:50 AM

Hopes a certain someone enjoyed getting their present today. :)

Dimnos Dec 2nd, 2010 02:07 AM

Well it turns out my gift had to be ordered online. It wouldnt get to me in time to send it out by the 5th so I just had them send it direct. No nifty note or fancy packaging. :\

Ex Leper Dec 2nd, 2010 02:27 AM

RoG's suggestion from earlier may help

Quote:

Well, you could always write it out on paper, scan it in or take a photo of it and then send it to your recipient in a PM

stevetothepast Dec 2nd, 2010 10:12 AM

will be sending mine out tomorrow.

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 2nd, 2010 10:36 AM

I never send letters with my gifts or let them know who its from. Usually let them figure it out.

Dimnos Dec 2nd, 2010 10:39 AM

I might do that PM thing. I also like the idea of making them figure it out. My only concern is it shows up with nothing indicating its from me or is related to the SS. Although I bet they can put two and two together.

stonewar Dec 2nd, 2010 10:46 AM

My gift shipped yesterday with an apology.

they are nice useful gifts....kinda boring like what Aunt Linda might get you.
I just couldn't figure out how to ship the awkwardly shaped blowgun I spotted at Tuesday Morning.

Dimnos Dec 2nd, 2010 11:04 AM

I hope its me because I could really use some new socks and undies.

blood_panther Dec 2nd, 2010 11:04 AM

ah man.....Apparently the paperwork fedex filled out when I dropped off my package wasnt enough for them. now I gotta print off a form and fax it to them if i want the package to get moving again.....should delay my package for a day or two.

The Leader Dec 2nd, 2010 12:14 PM

IT'S AWAY!

stonewar Dec 2nd, 2010 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 706097)
I hope its me because I could really use some new socks and undies.

Inspiration for next year!

Dimnos Dec 2nd, 2010 02:25 PM

Actually I hope Leader got me because I bet he is sending out a bad ass one of a kind action figure. :(

MarioRPG Dec 2nd, 2010 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 706089)
I also like the idea of making them figure it out.

Should've sent a puzzle like I did once...
Probably should have done that again. It was a neat idea.

Dimnos Dec 2nd, 2010 05:32 PM

Thats pretty cool.

MLE Dec 2nd, 2010 06:16 PM

I have no one to take pictures for me, so I might end up getting a friend to screencap from webcam instead :D THANK YOU FOR ALL THE LUCHA STUFF!

I also sent mine out today! I hate the schedule I have, since I only have one day a week where I could possibly mail stuff. DONE NOW.

ChrisGlass Dec 2nd, 2010 07:49 PM

I know what I'll send. I just have to wrap it tonight.

MarioRPG Dec 2nd, 2010 08:00 PM

I received my gift about 30 minutes after my last post. Although something very un-Christmassy awaited me when I answered the door. There was a C.O.D on my item so I had to pay some cash to get it. That's customs for you. I guess.
I'll get the pictures up tomorrow, along with revealing my SS because I sluethed my way into figuring it out. Also I do like the gift :) just not paying for it.

AlliSabbah Dec 2nd, 2010 08:28 PM

Who sends a Christmas gift COD???

replicant Dec 2nd, 2010 08:31 PM

I got mine today too. I haven't opened the present yet because I must devise my story. hehe!

Ozzie Dec 2nd, 2010 08:37 PM

I apologize, I certainly didn't check anything that should've caused them to charge you COD. Maybe it was just a customs issue? If I can make it up somehow, I'd certainly like to: un-Christmassy indeed.

I hope you enjoy the present at least.

Harry Lime Dec 2nd, 2010 10:34 PM

Holy Crap! Greatest Gifts Ever!

So my Secret Santa was Ex-Leper and I can't stress enough how amazing these gifts are. So amazing in fact that I am going to to a two part post, one to showcase the gifts and another to show them in action.

let's begin.

How to put together the greatest secret santa gift ever

First off, Ex-Leper put together an excellent card which reminds us of the Halloween season gone by.

and had some really thoughtful things to say

Take a look at the fine and festive packaging.

I mean look at that shit! It's fucking amazing!

The first thing I picked up was the fantasmic Holiday mix cd. I was sure to put it on so I'd have the proper background music while opening the rest of the loot.

Note: This is no ordinary Holiday mix, it has holiday music from Ren & Stimpy, Ween, and Wesley Willis just to name a few.

Onto the unwrapped gift awesomeness

A spectacular Scott Pilgrim bookmark!

A bag of life sustaining smarties!

Onto the wrapped goodness.

The first thing I opened blew me away!

Topps Fright Flicks trading cards! How cool is that?!!! I am big on horror film memorabilia, so perfect. ( I am letting them simmer in their perfectly intact packaging before curiosity gets the better of me and I open them...which will be soon I assure you)

and SNL trading cards! specifically the years I watched SNL the most!

A good representation of how I felt by this point of opening these gifts.

A classically packaged Slinky! I am a sucker for nostalgically packaged toys!

An awesome robot magnet!

Perfect for hanging my Nicolas Cage with a Snow Monkey picture on my office wall!

A fucking catapult! Amazing! I am in the process of painting and gluing it together so I will have some pics of it in action later.

and what might this be?

what else but a perfect addition to my forthcoming tree!

Some marvelous pins from a grab-bag of treasures!

Fantasticle keychains from a grab-bag of treasures!

The best collection of figurines and genuine canadian gold ever!

And to top it off, an awesome collection of Horror films on dvd. I've been meaning to watch Frogs for a long time. I will post some screen-caps from it later. Can't wait to watch it!

THANK YOU EX LEPER!

You put so much thought and effort into this gift and it's simply amazing. I can't thank you enough. I will post some pics of the goods in action soon.

Thank you,
Thank you,
Thank You,

Harry Lime
:xmas3

executioneer Dec 2nd, 2010 10:43 PM

daww man light up bushmills thingy

Ex Leper Dec 2nd, 2010 10:51 PM

I was very nervous about how they would go over. Glad to know my first year was successful.

replicant Dec 2nd, 2010 11:16 PM

Quote:

Machete: Feliz Navidad, Conchita! With Knives, you know! Santa brings you gifts, but I say there mine.
... All of a sudden a space-time anomaly occurs, and a message comes forth from a vortex along with a waft of zesty citrus.

The message provided relief that there were presents instead of the danger the having something in common with an overemotional Christian Slater movie. Replicant donned her thinking took to figure out how to deal with a more pressing issued named El Machete.

Quote:

Perhaps, moustache battle?

For the meantime, Replicant is able to ward off the deathly machismo of El Machete.

Finding a corner of safety, Replicant sat down her christmas gifts. Ready to open them up.

Quote:

Robots! Robots! Robots!
Before the gifts could be unwrapped, El Machete arrives to snatch the Loot.
But Replicant managed to conjure up a BFG (let's just pretend, shall we) to take El Machete to task.

Quote:

"El Machete, I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain...

Time to die."

Quote:

"IN YOUR FACE, ESSE!"

And to the victor comes the spoils of war.

Legos!

Movies, Chocolate, and more. :)

All makes a happy geek girl!

Quote:

Gracias to the Harry Lime! :D Me and Rod Serling have a date this Friday! :xmas2:rock

blood_panther Dec 2nd, 2010 11:18 PM

that there is a nice haul.

replicant Dec 2nd, 2010 11:32 PM

Nice haul Harry! Ex-Leper, you give good gift! :)