I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Fallout: New Vegas (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69705181)

Zomboid Oct 18th, 2010 08:23 PM

Fallout: New Vegas

...comes out tomorrow. I pre-ordered the collector's edition a while ago, and I plan on skipping school to play all day. Excelsior!

Fathom Zero Oct 18th, 2010 09:15 PM

Can't skip school. But I won't be doing anything else besides that and Fallout tomorrow. Excited as fuck.

executioneer Oct 19th, 2010 12:19 AM

gwine pick it up at midnite, skip sleep

half tempted to wear my comicon vault suit costume when i go pick it up

Fathom Zero Oct 19th, 2010 12:25 AM

DO EET

BE THAT GUY

executioneer Oct 19th, 2010 12:27 AM

only this time, real weapon instead of cardboard hammer

Fathom Zero Oct 19th, 2010 12:40 AM

and murder everyone in the store

executioneer Oct 19th, 2010 12:45 AM

that MIGHT be taking it a little too far

plus it'd probably make jack thompson orgasm in his grave, i dont want that to happen

OxBlood Oct 19th, 2010 04:24 AM

Hm...I keep hearing the game crashes quite often...can´t say I´m happy about that...

executioneer Oct 19th, 2010 11:46 AM

i didnt have any crashes yet, but we'll see

Zomboid Oct 19th, 2010 07:43 PM

Me neither. I pissed off the Powder Gangers, though.

Zomboid Oct 19th, 2010 08:37 PM

Fathom Zero Oct 20th, 2010 03:17 AM

OH MY GOD IT'S EXACTLY THE SAME ONLY LONGER AND THE CHARACTERS AND QUESTS ARE MODERATELY MORE INTERESTING. More importantly, it's still Fallout. That's good enough for me. I'm wandering around getting on everyone's bad side.

Also, I'd install the game to mitigate the unbearable loadtimes. It hasn't frozen, but there have been a boatload of glitches. Nothing they couldn't patch up in a day or two, though. The quest you get from the guy in the dinosaur mouth was cool. Especially watching the end. I wonder if that one stray projectile will come into play later - maybe it landed somewhere.

Overall, I dig the environments way more. WAYYYY more colorful, which was the only thing that I didn't like about Fallout 3.

Zomboid Oct 20th, 2010 03:30 AM

Yeah, it's still Fallout, so I'm also happy. There's supposed to be a patch tomorrow. I'm installing right now to combat the load times. I went and was killing all of those Powder guys in their prison place, and it said I failed a mission...so I went ahead and reloaded until I figure out what the fuck that's all about. Trying to hunt down this treasure that was mentioned in a note.

Fathom Zero Oct 20th, 2010 04:47 AM

I've just been running around and exploring, doing a little bit of the main quest. I've got about fifteen active quests open.

I really really dislike that some quests are part of quests which are part of even more quests. Usually, you do stuff for somebody so they do something for you, then you go go back to the person that started to whole thing. They're not all like that, though.

My character Bill Sykes met the Yes Man and he laughed and laughed and laughed. Fuck, Obsidian's got some good writers. ALSO, I MET KRIS KRISTOFFERSON. :O

Zomboid Oct 20th, 2010 05:03 AM

I got Ed-E! What a helpful little robot.

OxBlood Oct 20th, 2010 05:15 AM

I was hoping that the writers that did Alpha Protocol did the writing here too cause AP had some really good stuff going on there. Happy to read that I was right aparently :)

I´ll get my copy tomorrow I guess. Funny thing is, the english uncut import-version is the cheapest. If I was totally stupid and wanted the german cut (no splattering and dismemberment at all, fuck that), I´d pay 20€ more (yes, twenty bucks more for less game). The german synchro (what´s it called in english, Dub?) is good but against the guys in the english one? Fuck no, I won´t play that in german. Ron Pearlman alone is enough reason to play it with the original voices.

The only question is...will I play as Doc Synder, menace of the wastes or Richter (yes, it´s even more fun for me to name someone Richter), Hero of Vegas first...

Fathom Zero Oct 20th, 2010 05:47 AM

Aaaaand I'm calling it quits for the night. Nine hours is enough. Gotta pace myself - I beat Dead Rising 2 in two days. Hah. Games are damned expensive to a university student.

Zomboid Oct 20th, 2010 06:51 AM

Yeah, I just stopped after 11. Totally skipping school today, though. I went yesterday, so I feel justified.

Supafly345 Oct 20th, 2010 07:25 AM

I had no idea this game was coming out so soon until I saw you mother fucker playing it. I looked for info on how good it was and found this immediately.

OxBlood Oct 20th, 2010 09:27 AM

That is fucking creepy.

"Hey fella, how ya doin? Don´t mind my horrifying rotating head of doom."

Zomboid Oct 20th, 2010 04:41 PM

Holy shit, that's creepy. I've definitely noticed some bugs, but nothing that's stopping me from playing and enjoying the shit out of it.

kahljorn Oct 20th, 2010 05:31 PM

i bet that guy gives great head

Fathom Zero Oct 22nd, 2010 08:01 PM

This game has moments of brilliance that are just shit on by all the glitches. For instance, many of my quests have map markers that are completely inaccessible and on top of mountains, usually. Fortunately, it's not yet required that I actually go to them as there's usually more than one way to solve a quest.

This shit's gotta get fixed fast, because it's just ruining the game for me. You know what it reminds me of? Alpha fucking Protocol. Bullshit.

Fathom Zero Oct 23rd, 2010 06:42 AM

Aaaaaaaaaand done. >:O

OxBlood Oct 23rd, 2010 09:11 AM

That was kinda fast...you just breezed through the main quest?